• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think will happen to Bea if they use Allister as the gym leader? It's a problem anime need to solve, whether they made him a companion or not. For example, Allister could leave his gym to Bea (as he's too shy and doesn't really wants to be in the spotlight), so that way we would got both as gym leaders.
I’m assuming he can battle both
As double battle or something

Or he will battle one of them that gains more popularity of the video game choice between sword and shield

What do you think will happen to Bea if they use Allister as the gym leader? It's a problem anime need to solve, whether they made him a companion or not. For example, Allister could leave his gym to Bea (as he's too shy and doesn't really wants to be in the spotlight), so that way we would got both as gym leaders.

Well, my thoughts were that they'd rotate using a Sword exclusive gym leader and a Shield exclusive one for whoever Ash battles. So if Bea and Allister are the 1st version exclusive leaders Ash would come across, and Ash were to battle Allister, then for the next exclusive battle, he'd take on the Sword exclusive leader. As for unused leaders, well someone one here had a great idea, that either Hop, Bede, or Marnie could battle the leaders Ash doesn't face. That way they'd all be able to be showcased.

Couldn't both Saitou and Onion be presented as Gym Leaders of the same city and Satoshi battle the two of them? He's done that before in BW. Could be a similar situation where he has the choice of picking whoever he wants but he decides to face both.

Of course I don't think it'd happen if one of them were to become companions (which I believe neither will)

Last edited:
Do people really think that they would make Ash leave Alola as Alola's First Champion. Heck if he wins, he'll most likely give the title to someone else to continue his journey. Him continuing his journey while being the Best Trainer in Alola doesn't really make sense. Sure he isn't native to Alola but wouldn't he have to stay in Alola if he becomes Champion? Also Marnie is 100% becoming a companion, I'm so sure.

Do people really think that they would make Ash leave Alola as Alola's First Champion. Heck if he wins, he'll most likely give the title to someone else to continue his journey. Him continuing his journey while being the Best Trainer in Alola doesn't really make sense. Sure he isn't native to Alola but wouldn't he have to stay in Alola if he becomes Champion? Also Marnie is 100% becoming a companion, I'm so sure.

Interesting. He might give the title to the Masked Royal if he defeated him. Maybe Ash is gonna put it on the line, rather than making it an exhibition match.

Interesting. He might give the title to the Masked Royal if he defeated him. Maybe Ash is gonna put it on the line, rather than making it an exhibition match.
Well he did commit suicide in the Kalos League by telling Alain to enter so he would probably do the same here. That does sound Ash-like.

They never indicated that the Champion of Alola would have to stay. We've seen other trainers go off on their journeys after winning a Pokemon League before, so I don't see what the problem is for Ash traveling if he does win the Alola League. Plus, I don't think that winning the Alola League would be that impressive. It would still count as a winning a League of course, but considering how anyone could enter it and most of the main cast didn't deserve to get pass the preliminary round, I don't think Ash would be too strong to go back to square one in Galar. He doesn't even have a full team and only two of his Alola Pokemon are impressive battlers.

Ash winning the Alola league doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be the regional champion. Things at this league don't seem to be following normal procedure, so I expect Professor Kukui to be the default champion when Ash leaves.

All I expect is that regardless of what happens after Ash v Gladion, the internet will be furious. Even if the fight is a six on six battle that is an outright ensemble battle with Greninja, Charizard, Sceptile and the works and given Gurren Laggan level final episode budgets.....the internet will be angry.

Ash will win, Ash will lose, but the internet will still be gnawing something in fury.

Again, the champion of the Manalo Conference will be the region's champion. In the episode in which the Alola League was announced (as well as subsequent episodes related to the league), the characters refer to the winner of the conference as the first Champion of Alola, without making any clear distinctions between the Region's League Champion and the Conference Champion (in fact, the TRio even states that the champion of this league will gain so much power and popularity over the region, that they could basically do whatever they want and have complete control over the region, which doesn't seem like something fitting of a mere Conference Champion). Even the articles on Bulbapedia that talk about the Manalo Conference link to the Pokémon League Champion page whenever they bring up the champion of this league (with that page even saying on the "In the anime" section, and I quote, "In Alola, due to the Pokémon League being a new establishment, there is no reigning Champion, and the winner of the region's first League Conference will directly become the first Champion of Alola").

Again, the champion of the Manalo Conference will be the region's champion. In the episode in which the Alola League was announced (as well as subsequent episodes related to the league), the characters refer to the winner of the conference as the first Champion of Alola, without making any clear distinctions between the Region's League Champion and the Conference Champion (in fact, the TRio even states that the champion of this league will gain so much power and popularity over the region, that they could basically do whatever they want and have complete control over the region, which doesn't seem like something fitting of a mere Conference Champion).
There doesn't exist an Elite Four or a Champion League, so there is no point to make any distinctions. There is only one type of regional champion in Alola.

Ash will win, Ash will lose, but the internet will still be gnawing something in fury.

As it should. Although I'm not really seeing the relevance that the Alola league has when it comes to the ShSw saga. Some folks still cling to the idea that Chairman Rose will be watching the league and will be impressed with Ash and give him a sponsorship, but to me that's just wishful thinking.

As it should. Although I'm not really seeing the relevance that the Alola league has when it comes to the ShSw saga. Some folks still cling to the idea that Chairman Rose will be watching the league and will be impressed with Ash and give him a sponsorship, but to me that's just wishful thinking.
If Ash won the Alola League, then that will be no different to him winning the Orange League.

There doesn't exist an Elite Four or a Champion League, so there is no point to make any distinctions.

The fact that the Elite Four (and, by extension, the Champion League) doesn't exist in Alola was actually (slightly) acknowledged by Bulbapedia and it's even used as an explanation as to why the winner of the Manalo Conference will become the Pokémon Champion of Alola.
Bulbapedia (on the Pokémon League Conference page) said:
In Alola, due to the lack of Gyms in the region and the fact that its Pokémon League was only recently established, no specific conditions need to be met in order to enter its League Conference, and its winner will directly become the first-ever Champion of Alola.

So, what's your point? We already know that whoever wins it became the first ever, and only yet, champion of Alola. There is no proof of the existence of any other title.

The Rotom Phone will have a "RING RING!" riff, and its personality will be similar to that of the Rotom Pokedex. Maybe let it have a Siri-like voice in Japan?

So, what's your point? We already know that whoever wins it became the first ever, and only yet, champion of Alola. There is no proof of the existence of any other title.

The point is that, based on the information provided to us by the characters in the show (like Kukui, Guzma and Team Rocket), as well as the information presented to us by Bulbapedia, the winner of the Manalo Conference is gonna become the Pokémon League Champion. So, if, let's say, Ash managed to win the Alola League, then he would become the regional Pokémon Champion of Alola, who is the same kind of champion as Lance and Cynthia and Steven Stone. However, some people here are trying to make it seem like that won't be the case, by saying that he'll either loose the title by loosing his battle against the Masked Royal (which is nothing more than an exhibition match that won't affect the results of the league, meaning that the Masked Royal defeating Ash won't automatically make Kukui the new champion (since this isn't a match for the title), the same way Alain defeating Malva didn't make him an Elite Four member) or by claiming that Ash will just become the Conference Champion and not the Pokémon Champion (which is disputed by the fact that the villains participating in this league are doing it in order to obtain power that they could then abuse, power that a normal Conference Champion wouldn't normally have, but a Pokémon Champion (in the vein of Lance, Wallace, Cynthia etc.) would and the fact Kukui's (the creator of this league) inspiration for the Alola League is the simplified childish description of what a league is that he heard from SM Ash back when he was 5, which means that there's a high chance that he doesn't know what a real league looks like or how it works (which is supported by the way he describes the league and the way the Alola League was handled), so, in his mind (as well as the minds of everyone in Alola), the winner of this conference (which he might not be aware that his league is a conference or that they even exist) is going to become the region's reigning Champion (à la Cynthia/Lance/Alder/the rest)), meaning that unlike past regional Pokémon Champions (but like past Conference Champions) he won't have any obligations that would affect him and his journey and force him to move to Alola or reasons that would stop him from participating in other League Conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom