• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash will get a Scorbunny. I am 100% sure about that

I don't think he will 100% get Scorbunny. Sobble is the most popular at the moment, so he is 100% getting Sobble. He might get Scorbunny later on (Based on patterns he gets all three anyways), but we have Hop also and i doubt they WON'T give Hop a Scorbunny just for the lols. It depends on when Hop gets introduced imo. If he gets introduced early, then Ash will get Scorbunny as his last starter.

For me its Ash 100% getting Grookey and Gloria 100% getting Scorbunny + Ash 50% getting Sobble.

I don't think he will 100% get Scorbunny. Sobble is the most popular at the moment, so he is 100% getting Sobble. He might get Scorbunny later on (Based on patterns he gets all three anyways), but we have Hop also and i doubt they WON'T give Hop a Scorbunny just for the lols. It depends on when Hop gets introduced imo. If he gets introduced early, then Ash will get Scorbunny as his last starter.
He didn't get Piplup or Popplio (who were the most popular starters of their respective generations) so I don't think that he is guaranteed to get Sobble. Even if Hop gets Scorbunny I don't think that stops Ash from getting one for himself unless Hop is a companion.

Seems random to have Cynthia in the Battle Tree though...

I mean, not really, that was kind of the point of the feature. But I don't see how that relates to the anime...

Personally I feel the people with the highest chance of introducing Ash to Galar are Oak, Kukui, Chairman Rose/Oleana, or Magnolia/Sonia.

Personally I feel the people with the highest chance of introducing Ash to Galar are Oak, Kukui, Chairman Rose/Oleana, or Magnolia/Sonia.
Personally I think if any new character is going to introduce Galar, its either going to be anime exclusive like Alexa or Leon.

Personally I think if any new character is going to introduce Galar, its either going to be anime exclusive like Alexa or Leon.

I thought about Leon, but for some reason I can't see Ash meeting him until after he gets to Galar. I imagine he'd meet Hop who'd then introduce him to Leon, or maybe both at the same time. Then again, I might just be focusing too much on how it looks the game will handle that.

I don't get how anyone can make claims like "Gloria will 100% get Scorbunny" when there's no proof that she'll even appear in the anime in the first place, much less that she'll get a starter Pokemon if she does appear.
So far, Gloria and Bea are the only ones we know that'll be Ash's female Companions. However we might get someone that we've yet seen. GF have been very quiet so far.

Question: What date do you think the anime will come out? usually it's around the same time or nearer to the game's official release. Looking at Sun and Moon's anime which came out on Thursday 17th November 2016, a day before the games, perhaps Thursday 14th November 2019 will be when Sword and Shield will come out. Or since the dates have changed to sundays... 17th November?

Last edited:
So far, Gloria and Bea are the only ones we know that'll be Ash's female Companions. However we might get someone that we've yet seen. GF have been very quiet so far.

We don't know anyone who for sure has a chance of becoming the next female lead. A more accurate way to put it might be that Gloria and Bea are the two female characters that fans think could join the cast.

Champion Cynthia said:
Question: What date do you think the anime will come out? usually it's around the same time or nearer to the game's official release. Looking at Sun and Moon's anime which came out on Thursday 17th November 2016, a day before the games, perhaps Thursday 14th November 2019 will be when Sword and Shield will come out. Or since the dates have changed to sundays... 17th November?

November 17th sounds pretty likely to me. Starting the next series just a few days after the games have come out to help further promote them would be a good idea.

We don't know anyone who for sure has a chance of becoming the next female lead. A more accurate way to put it might be that Gloria and Bea are the two female characters that fans think could join the cast.

November 17th sounds pretty likely to me. Starting the next series just a few days after the games have come out to help further promote them would be a good idea.
When will the next corocoro come out in September? Perhaps that's when the SwSh teaser will be shown.

Although I might be concerned of the direction the new series may go according to the tweet this animator who worked on SM stated.

I really don't think Saitou fits to be a companion at all. Yeah, she must be around Satoshi's age range, but other Gym Leaders and Elite 4 are as well. In my opinion we either haven't been introduced to the new female lead or she'll be Yuuri.

The male companion is a little tricky. I've seen lots of people saying that Yarrow could be it, and while at first I don't believe he fits as well, I can still imagine this being the scenario.

I really don't think Saitou fits to be a companion at all. Yeah, she must be around Satoshi's age range, but other Gym Leaders and Elite 4 are as well. In my opinion we either haven't been introduced to the new female lead or she'll be Yuuri.

The male companion is a little tricky. I've seen lots of people saying that Yarrow could be it, and while at first I don't believe he fits as well, I can still imagine this being the scenario.
Milo seems likely, and so would Gloria.

As for Bea, need I remind everyone of Misty and Brock? They seemed too old for Ash, no different there.

Actually Kasumi was the same age as Satoshi in the anime, and in the games she doesn't seem to be more than a pre-teen.

About Saitou, I didn't mean the age, I meant her design. Unless the anime staff decides to change stuff (like the clothes she wears and maybe her facial expression as a whole), she'd look like a lot different from the other female leads.

Actually Kasumi was the same age as Satoshi in the anime, and in the games she doesn't seem to be more than a pre-teen.

About Saitou, I didn't mean the age, I meant her design. Unless the anime staff decides to change stuff (like the clothes she wears and maybe her facial expression as a whole), she'd look like a lot different from the other female leads.
Perhaps it's so to spice things up for the anime. Especially when she has a Hitmontop, just as Clemont had a Luxray.

Some even said that Allister could be Ash's companion, when that's hardly likely, since he doesn't suit the picture, plus he also has a Mimikyu, which is similar to what Jessie has.

But then, we wont know until we get the teaser. My hopes are for Gloria still, as well as Bea. Somehow Gloria does seem to fit that bill for the series since she is wearing the proper clothes, rather than what Bea and others are wearing, unless otherwise.

Last edited:
I'd actually love for Marnie to be his companion. I always thought it'd be interesting to have two badge questers in the party. And with gyms being a HUGE thing in Galar, it seems possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom