• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I'm wondering about the new series is when it might start. Either on Nov 17th/2 days after the games come out or will they start earlier like the 10th or even the 3rd similar to when XY started.
Perhaps the 17th since that is the closest to SwSh's release date.

I don't think that people should talk about Yuri like she's guaranteed to be a companion. She's not.
How would you know? You don't write the anime.

The way you speak of these things, you sound as if you hate the idea of Gloria being Ash's companion, and to see the show going back to the old formula. Suppose they do. What would you say?

Last edited:
I just don't like it when people state their own personal opinions and speculations as if they are facts.
Then would you mind looking at what we have with the casts for Sword and Shield that are revealed so far. It's not hard to see for ourselves of who could be who?

The Trial Captains for Sun and Moon were revealed in August 2016, a month before the teaser teaser for the SM anime was shown. The series made sense to go a School/Student theme because the Alola Region lacked a Pokemon League.

Think back also to when the casts for X and Y were shown off in 2013 before the teaser trailer for the XY anime was shown, you'd expect it would be one of the female Gym Leader characters but instead we got Serena. Clemont was also shown amongst the early casts.

I'm just showing you through past experiences, if there is a character that'll be suited to be Ash's Companion, then we'd probably have seen them by now. Marnie may seem to be a favorite at the moment, however the anime may choose someone else. The anime people does things we might or might not want. I'm just as patient as everyone else is to what we might get, however we might get something... what you want, what I want, what everybody else want and not get any in the end.

Last edited:
Casual fans are still fans, and you said that you don't want to discuss things, including the very thing you yourself brought up... And now you discuss very same thing, without answering anything I said.
When I say not discuss thing, I mean to argue and be negative. I'm trying to be calm with this discussion here.

I was talking about those that are extremists and highly obsessive fans that cry and wine over anything they don't like, such as the recent Dexit fiasco. Haven't they ever heard the term ''Longsuffering''? I personally didn't like Milo at first, but has since grown a liking. But do I start raging and complaining to GF with death threats over this? No. I just take it in like a good soldier.

First of all, from what I've seen, the people going out of their way to harass and send death treats to the people working at Game Freak (and targeting Masuda specifically) represent a small minority of that group and they don't represent the movement as a whole. People have their reasons to dislike Pokémon's new Dex policy and, as consumers who pay for Game Freak's products (the games), they are most definitely allowed to complain about it and criticize GF and their decision. That doesn't mean that all of the criticism has been warranted or that people sometimes haven't taken things a little to far or that people have sometimes been a little to uncivilized in their responses to all of this, but that doesn't change the fact that the new policy is a problem that affect a lot of people who wanted to play the games in a negative way.

Second of all, tolerance has its limits. It is a finite resource that people eventually run out of. And there've been a lot of instances both in and regarding the games since Gen VI that have caused people to have a more negative outlook on Pokémon (stuff like XY's lackluster story, ORAS's poor way of adapting Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, the Battle Frontier comments (or any comments made by Masuda, for that matter), the unhealthy amount of unnecessary tutorials in SM, the overreliance on Gen I nostalgia, the Let's Go games as a whole and their simplification of the Pokémon formula etc.), with the Dexit controversy being for some the straw the broke the camel (or would it be more of a Camerupt in this case)'s back.

tl;dr - The point I'm trying to make is that one could see the reasons why people aren't happy with Game Freak or their recent decisions and to paint the entire movement as being made up of whiners and cry-babies is certainly not the best way of tackling or trying to understand all of this.

First of all, from what I've seen, the people going out of their way to harass and send death treats to the people working at Game Freak (and targeting Masuda specifically) represent a small minority of that group and they don't represent the movement as a whole. People have their reasons to dislike Pokémon's new Dex policy and, as consumers who pay for Game Freak's products (the games), they are most definitely allowed to complain about it and criticize GF and their decision. That doesn't mean that all of the criticism has been warranted or that people sometimes haven't taken things a little to far or that people have sometimes been a little to uncivilized in their responses to all of this, but that doesn't change the fact that the new policy is a problem that affect a lot of people who wanted to play the games in a negative way.

Second of all, tolerance has its limits. It is a finite resource that people eventually run out of. And there've been a lot of instances both in and regarding the games since Gen VI that have caused people to have a more negative outlook on Pokémon (stuff like XY's lackluster story, ORAS's poor way of adapting Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, the Battle Frontier comments (or any comments made by Masuda, for that matter), the unhealthy amount of unnecessary tutorials in SM, the overreliance on Gen I nostalgia, the Let's Go games as a whole and their simplification of the Pokémon formula etc.), with the Dexit controversy being for some the straw the broke the camel (or would it be more of a Camerupt in this case)'s back.

tl;dr - The point I'm trying to make is that one could see the reasons why people aren't happy with Game Freak or their recent decisions and to paint the entire movement as being made up of whiners and cry-babies is certainly not the best way of tackling or trying to understand all of this.

Generalizing a critical argument as being made up entirely of X is hardly unheard of, be it in the internet (with Epic Store issues) and in real life (....fill in here as you wish).

Generalizing a critical argument as being made up entirely of X is hardly unheard of, be it in the internet (with Epic Store issues) and in real life (....fill in here as you wish).

To be clear, my problem isn't so much the fact that he was generalizing as it is the fact that he was generalizing based on the actions of the few. You could try to generalize a group based on the group's purpose(s), the actions and reactions of a vast majority of members within that group or both. But to use the actions of a fringe group of a-holes in order to paint a group in a negative light while also insulting them? I'm sorry, but I find that very dishonest and it show a lack of interest in even trying to understand said group or to have a conversation regarding them.

To be clear, my problem isn't so much the fact that he was generalizing as it is the fact that he was generalizing based on the actions of the few. You could try to generalize a group based on the group's purpose(s), the actions and reactions of a vast majority of members within that group or both. But to use the actions of a fringe group of a-holes in order to paint a group in a negative light while also insulting them? I'm sorry, but I find that very dishonest and it show a lack of interest in even trying to understand said group or to have a conversation regarding them.
It's truly hard these days to try and point out a certain group, without even offending the majority that is not on the cross-hairs.

This topic has 100 pages and yet no actual confirmed information about the ShSw anime series. I can't stop crying. We did it kids.

I feel like the anticipation for this saga is still relatively less than it was for XY and SuMo though. I remember seeing more excitement for what those two sagas had in store for us than I'm seeing now for ShSw. I wonder why.

Last edited:
Usually, the next saga of the anime is not revealed until the current saga's league ends, so we probably won't know about the Sword & Shield anime for a few more weeks.

It's truly hard these days to try and point out a certain group, without even offending the majority that is not on the cross-hairs.

You didn't "point out" a group, you misrepresented it while also throwing unwarranted jabs at it. And I'm not "offended" (bleah, I hate that word), I'm more so annoyed by the ignorance and mischaracterization within your statement.

You didn't "point out" a group, you misrepresented it while also throwing unwarranted jabs at it. And I'm not "offended" (bleah, I hate that word), I'm more so annoyed by the ignorance and mischaracterization within your statement.
Well I apologies I'm sure, creative speech is not my strongest point.

Early/mid September seems like a pretty good guess for when info on the new series will start dropping.

This topic has 100 pages and yet no actual confirmed information about the ShSw anime series. I can't stop crying. We did it kids.

I feel like the anticipation for this saga is still relatively less than it was for XY and SuMo though. I remember seeing more excitement for what those two sagas had in store for us than I'm seeing now for ShSw. I wonder why.

If I log on to the forums after a day or two and see three new pages in this thread I'll think "oh did something get confirmed?" lmao

And yeah I kind of get that feeling too, but I feel like when new info comes out the hype will shoot up, especially if the series seems to take an approach a lot of people here like.

Early/mid September seems like a pretty good guess for when info on the new series will start dropping.

Yeah, I think that makes more sense than late September. The SWSH series should start sometime around November, so they'd want to have at least a bit of time to promote the new series. Waiting until near the end of September to announce it seems a bit too late to me. A part of me wonders if they still could announce it this month, but they probably don't want to announce a new series until the Alola League is over anyway.

kantoskies said:
If I log on to the forums after a day or two and see three new pages in this thread I'll think "oh did something get confirmed?" lmao

And yeah I kind of get that feeling too, but I feel like when new info comes out the hype will shoot up, especially if the series seems to take an approach a lot of people here like.

I check Serebii every day and even I still wonder if I missed some confirmed information every time I see this thread with a few new pages within a short amount of time. I could see more hype for the new series kicking in once we get a teaser poster/promo. There would be finally some solid information to speculate on for the anime. At this point, I'll be thrilled when we know for sure who will be joining the main cast just so that we don't have more speculation every time a new character is revealed for the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom