• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, Pikachu is the overall series mascot, not Ash himself.

That's not a very good argument though because Ash obviously shares the mascot status with Pikachu in the cartoon, otherwise Ash wouldn't have lasted two decades as the main character. People always try to downplay Ash's importance whenever a saga is about to end so they can justify their Ash-might-leave-the-show theories, but Ash is still here.

Cynthia is the only Pokemon Trainer in the anime so far to have the title ''Pokemon Master'', and I can see why to how big she actually is.

All I'm saying is that with this big emphasis around sports, this makes it LOOK as if it's the final level, when we all know it isn't.

Cynthia is the only Pokemon Trainer in the anime so far to have the title ''Pokemon Master'', and I can see why to how big she actually is.

All I'm saying is that with this big emphasis around sports, this makes it LOOK as if it's the final level, when we all know it isn't.

I'm like 90% sure that Cynthia was called a 'Champion Master', as in she was the Champion of the Sinnoh Champion League. That's not the same as a 'Pokemon Master', though.

I'm like 90% sure that Cynthia was called a 'Champion Master', as in she was the Champion of the Sinnoh Champion League. That's not the same as a 'Pokemon Master', though.
And now there's Pokemon Masters of which only makes things even more complicated. Especially when you are to pay to randomly get your favorite characters.

And now there's Pokemon Masters of which only makes things even more complicated. Especially when you are to pay to randomly get your favorite characters.
Well, Cynthia's your favourite character and all, but let’s face it, literally every character is in "Pokémon Masters". That doesn’t make them the Pokémon anime Pokémon master.

No Pokemon Master has ever appeared in the show indeed. The anime has been neglecting to tell what the heck this means since day one. In my interpretation, going by Kasumi's desire to be a Water Pokemon Master and Iris' to be a Dragon Master, all I can think of is a very skilled and maybe successful (?) Pokemon Trainer, if not the best (even though I don't actually believe it.

I know, that's why I'm doubtful of that happening. I thought it would be cool if they could use a customized version of the PC so Ash could still represent the default male, but I don't see them doing even that.

I'd personally love for Ash to only travel with one other person, as unlikely as it is. But they did give him a whopping 5 companions in SuMo, so anything is possible.
I've read that someone on Twitter attached to the show did say that fans could take some time to get used to this new series. Pretty sure this means more changes. Whether it's changing the 3-4 characters formula again or something else no one knows.
Changes'd be welcome if the anime went back to the action-adventure style in my opinion, the COTD one outlived its usefullness long ago. For me the slice-of-life style SM offered us just didn't work.

No Pokemon Master has ever appeared in the show indeed. The anime has been neglecting to tell what the heck this means since day one. In my interpretation, going by Kasumi's desire to be a Water Pokemon Master and Iris' to be a Dragon Master, all I can think of is a very skilled and maybe successful (?) Pokemon Trainer, if not the best (even though I don't actually believe it.

I've read that someone on Twitter attached to the show did say that fans could take some time to get used to this new series. Pretty sure this means more changes. Whether it's changing the 3-4 characters formula again or something else no one knows.
Changes'd be welcome if the anime went back to the action-adventure style in my opinion, the COTD one outlived its usefullness long ago. For me the slice-of-life style SM offered us just didn't work.
I wouldn't say that the COTD is long gone. However I would say that it would be highly improved. Besides, the slice of life of SM made sense since it Didn't have a League, nor Gyms.

I certainly hope so. The show has become too repetitive for my tastes. As much as I don't care for SuMo, it made a lot of changes that had never been done before that I'm sure most of us would have never imagined would happen. I hope they'll shake things up more with SwSh as well.

Looks like the train's getting ready...

View: https://twitter.com/paulrobertryan/status/1164829964388012034?s=21

We aren't getting for SwSh of anything until November, compared with the other past Gens. This whole thing makes me feel like this new series is going to be a reboot of some-kind.

We aren't getting for SwSh of anything until November, compared with the other past Gens. This whole thing makes me feel like this new series is going to be a reboot of some-kind.

Not sure what starting in November has to do with rebooting the whole franchise.

Also Advanced Generation and Sun&Moon both started in November...

I wonder what the title of the final episode of Sun and Moon will be?
And speaking of merchandise, I hope we can get Team Yell's megaphone for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom