• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't get Piplup or Popplio (who were the most popular starters of their respective generations) so I don't think that he is guaranteed to get Sobble. Even if Hop gets Scorbunny I don't think that stops Ash from getting one for himself unless Hop is a companion.
Popplio was the least popular starter of Alola, with Rowlet being the most loved. What's your point?

Why would the declining ratings mean that the Galar series might be the last one? Technically the ratings have been steadily declining since the Kanto series, yet that didn't stop OI, Johto, AG, DP, BW, XY and SuMo from happening. But I'm done talking about ratings because what's-his-name already explained how the ratings work in one of his previous essays.

diD sOmEoNe MeNtIOn RATINGS?

...yea, I'm not writing another essay.

Pipe dream, but I hope Grookey's final evolution is based off Wu Kong, especially with that stick becoming a Bo staff.

(YES YES, I know Infernape is based off Wu Kong too, but we've had so many 'clone' like Pokemon in the past).
Grookey is getting promoted the most out of the three starters. Could this mean anything?
View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1165078921186095104?s=19

The previous mascot for Osaka before Grookey were Squirtle (Ash's), Tepig (Ash's), Chespin (Clemont's), and Rowlit (Ash's). I wouldn't be surprised id it's either Gloria's or Ash's. Only time will tell.

Personally, it's not too difficult to guess who should have who. You need to look no further than their hair, headdress and clothing. Both May (excluding Emerald) and Serena (excluding XYZ) have warm clothes of red, light blue eyes, light brown and blonde hair respectively, suitable for Fire Type Starters like Torchic and Fennekin. Dawn (excluding Platinum) has blue hair and eyes, suitable for a Water Type starter like Piplup. Looking at Gloria, she has a green tam o' shanta and socks, has brown hair, eyes, shoes and bag. Both Gloria and Dawn have neutral Pink to their clothing, with Dawn having black and Gloria grey, but since Dawn had Piplup regardless, Gloria's design makes sense for it being suitable for a Grass Type Starter like Grookey.

All the other Female Players aside from these four don't have that kind of pattern, unless you count Selene, only the plot for SM changing from it's usual formula into a school based one made sense not to have her. :unsure: Hmmm... I wonder?

The final evolution of Grookey according to the leak will be a Gorilla with a drum. Not Wu Kong since that's already done for Infernape.

Last edited:
We might get an announcement next week.

9OsycqA.png

Last edited:
I don't think that this is an announcement of the next saga because I highly doubt that the league will end in SM137.

Hmm so Froakie was on the logo during the XY era and Litten was on it during the SuMo era, and both Pokemon were caught by Ash. Now Grookey's on there. Interesting. inb4 the Grookey hate squad break their stilettos running in here
Haven't you read the place names below the logo? They are from different locations.

I don't think that this is an announcement of the next saga because I highly doubt that the league will end in SM137.

Course it won't end on SM137, just the build up before the end of SM and the the beginning of SwSh.

They usually don't announce the next saga until after the current saga's league is over, which will most likely be in either SM138 or SM139. I am not counting the exhibition match.

They usually don't announce the next saga until after the current saga's league is over, which will most likely be in either SM138 or SM139. I am not counting the exhibition match.
DP started airing previews for BW while the semifinals of the Sinnoh League were about to start, so we'll see.
I think the announcement could either be the new series or a preview of what's to come in Sun & Moon's final episodes.

I think that we're just going to see a preview of the remaining episodes of SM, with the Sword & Shield anime not being announced until after either SM138 or SM139.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom