• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could have a situation where battling in the final round reminds Ash of the last time he battled in the final round against Alain, and when he inevitably loses this time, he decides to go and find Alain etc, he somehow finds out Alain has left Kalos and gone to train in Galar.

Don't think Serena coming back is likely, at least not full time, maybe a few guest appearances like Misty and Brock have made over the SM series.

The last one doesn't sound believable at all. It sounds like a plot to a fanfic.

That's what I said about SuMo's plot when we got the first details. Also I lol'd at 'Greeninja'; when did Rock Lee star in Pokemon? If people are going to invent fake plot summaries, they could at least get the names of Pokemon right.

Adding romance subplot to the show is not shipping. And there is not a single pokémon series without some kind of romance before.

Read again: it is more believable compared to that leak.

lol, fair.

This does sound more believable then the other leak.

There is much better and believable leaks:
SM139 - ライバルはククイ博士!? Professor Kukui is the Rival!?
SM140 - 激闘!優勝への道!! Fierce Battle! The Road to Championship!!
SM141 - アナアキと忍者スクール!! Anāki and the Ninja School!!
SM142 - なぞのポケモン!ダロナトニ!! Mystery Pokémon! Daronatoni!
SM143 - 爆誕!ポケモンサマースクール!! Explosive Birth! Pokémon Summer School!!
SM144 - サトシVSカプ・コケコ!ラストバトル!! Satoshi VS Kapu-Kokeko! Last Battle!!
SM145 - ガラル!新たなる旅立ち!! Galar! A New Journey!!
I agree the first one sounds pretty believable, from a first look, but the second one is pretty much ridiculous. Like that straight up sounds like someone is just posting their hopes and dreams for the anime and disguising it as a leak.
  1. Why would Ash suddenly think of Alan and Serena again after all this time? I know anime time goes a lot differently, but don't you think they would have done something earlier for this? Sure, Ash just finished the league so maybe he is thinking about his past league experience. But when has Ash done something like that before? It sounds more reasonable that he would think of all his league experiences.
  2. We know that Serena isn't in Kalos anymore, she clearly stated she was going to Hoenn to participate in contests. This is not new news.
  3. Why is Serena experimenting with Dynamax? While the main part of Dynamax is about Pokemon being a lot bigger, the effect of it is stronger stats and more powerful moves. Contests and performing are more about beauty and winning a fight while still looking elegant. Sure Dynamax does look cool, so that would help in contests, but the effects of Dynamax just don't line up with her goals.
It just doesn't make sense to me, and I highly doubt that this one is real. Sounds like pure fanfiction.

I agree the first one sounds pretty believable, from a first look, but the second one is pretty much ridiculous. Like that straight up sounds like someone is just posting their hopes and dreams for the anime and disguising it as a leak.
  1. Why would Ash suddenly think of Alan and Serena again after all this time? I know anime time goes a lot differently, but don't you think they would have done something earlier for this? Sure, Ash just finished the league so maybe he is thinking about his past league experience. But when has Ash done something like that before? It sounds more reasonable that he would think of all his league experiences.
  2. We know that Serena isn't in Kalos anymore, she clearly stated she was going to Hoenn to participate in contests. This is not new news.
  3. Why is Serena experimenting with Dynamax? While the main part of Dynamax is about Pokemon being a lot bigger, the effect of it is stronger stats and more powerful moves. Contests and performing are more about beauty and winning a fight while still looking elegant. Sure Dynamax does look cool, so that would help in contests, but the effects of Dynamax just don't line up with her goals.
It just doesn't make sense to me, and I highly doubt that this one is real. Sounds like pure fanfiction.

Battling in the final of the Alolan league could remind Ash of battling in the final of the Kalos league that makes sense.
The bit about Serena sounds fanfictiony though you are right. I think he could go to Kalos seeking to challenge Alain to a rematch only to get there and find out from Serena (who has since returned from Hoenn ) that Alain has gone to Galar to train. Meanwhile Serena is off to Sinnoh as she's heard they are big on Pokemon contests there too! So she won't be joining Ash on his journey.

That's what I said about SuMo's plot when we got the first details. Also I lol'd at 'Greeninja'; when did Rock Lee star in Pokemon? If people are going to invent fake plot summaries, they could at least get the names of Pokemon right.

Yeah, SM plot when it first came out was hard to believe, especially given the tone of XYZ. But this leak is just...lol. It reads like a wishlist for anti-SM or die hard XY fans. The "return to the old art style" pretty much gave the game away.

Yeah, SM plot when it first came out was hard to believe, especially given the tone of XYZ. But this leak is just...lol. It reads like a wishlist for anti-SM or die hard XY fans. The "return to the old art style" pretty much gave the game away.
Yeah. The second one clearly looks like it was written by a die-hard XY fan who hates SM.

Ash/Serena shippers, please get over it already! She was just there to fit the stereotype of France. A one off for one arc based on the Gen 6 games.

I can't help but laugh at how obviously anti-SM the second rumour is.

What makes them think that Ash will even remember the likes of both Alain and Serena when nowadays as soon as he goes to the next region his memories of everyone else is Thanos snapped from existence?

Why are you criticizing those obviously fake leaks? Did you miss the point?

Ash/Serena shippers, please get over it already! She was just there to fit the stereotype of France. A one off for one arc based on the Gen 6 games.

I would like her more if that girl's identity wasn't revolving around Ash. She just felt like a satellite character unlike Clemont and Bonnie.

Dodges a flamethrower from her Braixen

I would like her more if that girl's identity wasn't revolving around Ash. She just felt like a satellite character unlike Clemont and Bonnie.

....Um.. No.

No.

....That was not everything she did. Go watch XY again.

(I swear I've seen a recent uptick of shipping spiteness in Pokemon, TV tropes and now here, and not sure why. Don't think there was any shippy thing recently, or did I miss Lana tell Ash to travel the world with her after they both hit puberty?)

I mean, all three of Ash's Kalos buddies were basically an Ash fanclub. Clemont and Bonnie idolized Ash almost as much as Serena (Clemont even had a 'bromance' with Ash). So it's not like Serena was the only one who acted like a 'satellite' character imo.

God help us if any of the ShSw cast members act that way though. I don't think I can stand 3 years of crap like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom