• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a leaked image with the Sinnoh, Unova and Galar starters. The text says something like "the story spans the world of all Pokemon" and then lists all 8 regions. Also note that the middle image above shows a lot of legendaries in the background.

I think that this is a separate series from the SwSh one. It just doesn't make sense that a standard series would be so nostalgic and use the logo for the AU movies... Plus, an announcement for an announcement (in two days) would be silly.

Last edited:
If it's going to be like those remake films we've already had like ''Pokemon: I choose you'' and ''The Power of Us'', and with what is translated in the tweet, I'm dreading that the next series will not be Sword and Shield at all, but instead a retelling of the entire Pokemon anime. And if so, then what is the whole point of Sword and Shield? They might as well end it after Gen 7. Ash is going to end up becoming the Champion of Alola anyway, so what better for the anime to end and make way for a completely different anime entirely, a reboot, a retelling, showing Ash or some new trainer travelling through from Kanto to Galar.

This is exactly what I have feared would happen the moment I noticed the new direction the Gen 8 games are heading since E3, not that I have anything wrong with it, but this alone speakes for itself the hypocrisy.

They might as well call the anime ''Pokemon Masters'', for that sounds more fitting to where TPC is at, along with most franchises today... nostalgia. And the wrong kind!

Let's just hope for what we get in a month later.

Last edited:
The next series will be revealed on September 29, 2019.
If I were to guess, SM137's announcement is probably gonna be an ad saying to look forward to that date.

View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1167484812673921024

ER0jIyf.jpg

inb4 certain people spot the Greninja in the collage and start the monthly "is Greninja coming back?" thread.

But even with this confirmation, my level of excitement is surprisingly low.

A series that showcases all the regions cannot promote SwSh properly. I'm pretty sure that there are going to be two series: a standard one for SwSh, and the teased one for Masters and general nostalgia.

It's a pity that they insist on using AU Ash again instead of another character, but whatever. This could be fun.

does anyone find it odd that this says September 29, 2019 for when we get the swsh anime when it would still be two months till the games release if this is true then we would be getting more information about the new Pokemon and the region as a whole through the anime which I don't think is gonna happen. like rival destines aired in September and sun and moon a day before the games. like this could be a really good rumor that someone made up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHRrMcsG2I8

Ruffoldrowlit has a leak in this video that says after the Pokemon League, there is a mini arc where Oleana travels to Alola, finding any trainer in the Alola League who has potential in competing in the Galar League. Defeating Gladion's Lycanrock with her Corviknight, but stopped by Ash who tells her that he wants to battle her, and when she asks of why, observing him to be weak, ash replies... 'Because I want to be a Pokemon Master.'

I hope at this point this leak is real, because I do not wish for what is to come.

Perhaps Pokemon Genertions 2.0, or a Pokemon Masters arc? :unsure:

I don't think that they would not do a Galar anime saga.
Goodness, I hope not! Because why would they put in all this effort on SwSh if they aren't going to advertise it?

Come to think about it, the promoting with the anime and film when building up in comparison to what we had in the past, it all makes sense if it's going to be a completely different anime series entirely.

So, what it sounds like to me, is that Sword and Shield will have all the characters from the past from OS, AG, DP, BW, XY and SM return in the Galar Region.

Could this mean that Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena and other could make a return? Or travel back to these Regions? Could we possibly see some old Pokemon of Ash like Greninja and those in training like Primape and Cacnea return?

But that's just speculation till sunday, but anyway, what do you think?
I really hope this is the case, especially the underlined points. One of the reasons I prefer DP over XY is because it had continuity and referenced the previous adventures that did not scream KANTO.
The next series will be revealed on September 29, 2019.
If I were to guess, SM137's announcement is probably gonna be an ad saying to look forward to that date.
So much for "world premiere announcement".

On some of the comments stating it'll be a reboot/alternate continuity/restart, I don't think ending Ash's journey on such a low note in Alola is a good idea. If they wanted to, they should have done so with XY when it literally said "And to our own way" instead of "Next time: A new beginning".
If they want to end his journey, then Galar should be done in a way that is a complete hybrid of DP and XY, with proper continuity and references.

Goodness, I hope not! Because why would they put in all this effort on SwSh if they aren't going to advertise it?

Come to think about the promoting with the anime and film when building up in comparison to what we had in the past, it all makes sense if it's going to be a completely different anime series entirely.
You're right. I think that what they're talking about here is just something like Origins or Generations.

This being Sunday's announcement would piss me off big time. Seriously, a full month of waiting?

The logo being the M20 one is very surpsiring. I was expecting either the classic green one or the yellow one from SwSh.

I don't think the marketing is hinting at a nostalgia-driven series with multiple regions, it's just the same retrospective stunt that they've pulled for many movies. However, I do expect something "different" from SM and more mature.

This is AU Ash we're talking about, so don't expect any reunions with older characters unless you care about Makoto and Shoji. He'll probably collect one Pokemon from each of the post-Kanto regions.

Nicolas721 said:
it's just the same retrospective stunt that they've pulled for many movies.
Such as? And why use the AU logo for a SwSh series?

But what is the japanese word play connected with the number 25? Because that's what the other Gym Leaders have.

It wasn't for word play, it was just for Pikachu. Just because the gym leaders have this word play going on doesn't necessarily mean every one needs to have one. I surely don't think Ash needs one, especially since 25 would be a nice way to represent him solely by being Pikachu's number.

This is AU Ash we're talking about, so don't expect any reunions with older characters unless you care about Makoto and Shoji. He'll probably collect one Pokemon from each of the post-Kanto regions.

Such as? And why use the AU logo for a SwSh series?
That's because it won't be a Sword and Shield anime series. Instead would be a retelling of Ash's journeys from Kanto to Galar. And if so than we would have to wait for over 3 years before we get to Galar's story arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom