• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that, considering the use of the M20 logo.
So until Sunday, or 29th, we've got ourselves many options...

1. It could be the Sword and Shield anime, since that blue logo is just a placeholder telling that the new anime is coming soon. It might have all 7 past things in Galar.

2. It could be a reboot of the entire anime series with Ash travelling from Kanto to Galar.

3: It could be Generations as a long series arc.

We just don't know, and already since all these things are happening for Sword and Shield since May, my concerns have only gotten worse, and SwSh would probably be the first Gen to not have a tie in anime connected to it.

To me it’s gonna be business as usual.

I still think they’ll be doing the Galar series but I think the Sunday announcement might be for something else...

that or it’s the joke I just made earlier

I'd be pretty annoyed at just getting an announcement of an announcement on Sunday.
4ox14.jpg

I have a hunch that it could be two different announcements. One on Sunday for the next anime ("world premiere announcement") whereas the one on 29th could be a spin off for Masters or even an M23 tease.

4ox14.jpg

I have a hunch that it could be two different announcements. One on Sunday for the next anime ("world premiere announcement") whereas the one on 29th could be a spin off for Masters or even an M23 tease.
M20's teaser, that 20th anniversary poster, a gallery they opened for M17...

Also, one of the stills released reads "Galar" on a corner. Maybe they just liked that logo.

That logo just says "Pokémon - New TV Animation Series"

Extra leaked pictures from the announcement:

All the starters from Gen 1 to Gen 8 are shown, and the pictures were apparently leaked on Weibo
As a thought with the Gen 1 - 8 thing.

Can anyone please translate this so that we can get the full picture of what is going on?

M20's teaser, that 20th anniversary poster, a gallery they opened for M17...

Also, one of the stills released reads "Galar" on a corner. Maybe they just liked that logo.
The teaser lists all the regions and describes the series as the story of the "world" of all Pokemon - not just Galar. That is a step up from a mere reminder of the show's history.

The logo explanation is weak. That logo has a specific connotation and was one of the indicators of Movie 20 being set in an AU.

I'll be so effing pissed if the new series is something like Origins/Generations, but to promote Pokemon Masters instead. Even Pokemon Go didn't get that level of promotion, so if we get a new mini-series for Masters I'm gonna lose it. Just give me ShSw news already damn it.

Let's hope it's two anime series and not have it replace the current one. They may even add in Sword and Shield's story to the other series.
Don't really see the logic in replacing the main anime when the ideal points to do so would have been after Johto, Sinnoh or Kalos.

Don't really see the logic in replacing the main anime when the ideal points to do so would have been after Johto, Sinnoh or Kalos.
tbh, the original idea for the anime was for Ash to win the Indigo Plateau, marry and settle down with Misty, have children and then focus on Ash's children as 10 year olds, starting their journey through Johto. Jessie and James would've left Team Rocket and marry.

Although in anime logic, if I would pic where the anime should've ended, is after Sinnoh because 1. The Region focuses on the creation of the universe. and 2. Sinnoh, along with Hoenn were originally supposed to be part of Kanto and Johto in the original Gen 2 Gold and Silver, so would perfect sense, since these four Gens took place on Japan to end there. Somehow the series just worked well in Japan, as the next 3, now 4 Gens outside Japan don't seem to. Not as much.

I would expect the series to end after Galar at this point, but after being foreshadowed that the series could end after Alola, and a completely new series will take it's place. Now I'm uncertain. If it is Pokemon Masters based, then that shows you how money-grabbing TPC has now got after over 20 years, a lot like most other recognisable series at this point. Going after cheap nostalgia to win your money. Some might like this, whilst others might think it could've been treated with the right love, care and respect.

Boy 2019 has not been doing us great thus far, and that's only before the 'Ber' Months start.

Last edited:
tbh, the original idea for the anime was for Ash to win the Indigo Plateau, marry and settle down with Misty, have children and then focus on Ash's children as 10 year olds, starting their journey through Johto. Jessie and James would've left Team Rocket and marry.

Although in anime logic, if I would pic where the anime should've ended, is after Sinnoh because 1. The Region focuses on the creation of the universe. and 2. Sinnoh, along with Hoenn were originally supposed to be part of Kanto and Johto in the original Gen 2 Gold and Silver, so would perfect sense, since these four Gens took place on Japan to end there. Somehow the series just worked well in Japan, as the next 3, now 4 Gens outside Japan don't seem to. Not as much.

I would expect the series to end after Galar at this point, but after being foreshadowed that the series could end after Alola, and a completely new series will take it's place. Now I'm uncertain. If it is Pokemon Masters based, then that shows you how money-grabbing TPC has now got after over 20 years, a lot like most other recognisable series at this point. Going after cheap nostalgia to win your money. Some might like this, whilst others might think it could've been treated with the right love, care and respect.

Boy 2019 has not been doing us great thus far, and that's only before the 'Ber' Months start.
I agree with you except that the idea with ash is marry misty and have children.
That child was the child of blue haired woman, she and that child was actually in japanese original series ending.

If we comes to anime i don't know what to think about this nostalgia craze about makers of anime and games.
I mean i don't have something against kanto, i totally love OS, i even rewatch it yearly i just love how ash was hilarious and funny in this times.
I really hope the anime is about galar and the sword and shield games, we had already enough nostalgia. .__.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom