• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus I heard Mario Run isn't doing well due to the pricings within the microtransactions.

Look we can probably worry about the spin off titles as long as Pokemon isn't more controlled by the Big N, but the mainline titles are going to stay on Nintendo Systems as long as Nintendo has influence on the franchise.

And Nintendo is not going let it go by a long shot I suspect.

Look we can probably worry about the spin off titles as long as Pokemon isn't more controlled by the Big N, but the mainline titles are going to stay on Nintendo Systems as long as Nintendo has influence on the franchise.

And Nintendo is not going let it go by a long shot I suspect.
Maybe so. Though what's started this ball going was the leak for the new Pokemon anime series, revealing both in translation "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokémon" , and in style of text for the placeholder title, similar to that of the AU films.

It is stated to be revealed on 29th September.

Guys they have done crap like this in the past to showcase precious generations. You're looking too much into this.
Let's hope you're right when Sunday comes.

But would you mind deciphering "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokémon" as well as the possible AU style title placeholder?

There isn't going to be two series. Just one.

Do you really think that they would waste the opportunity to promote Sword & Shield?

Which is what the one series will be doing.

Nothing says they can't have a short series for a bit, see Generations and Origins.

Origins was nothing but an ad for Mega Charizard X, and Generations was just a series of anniversary shorts. Safe to say they won't be doing anything like that again until the next major anniversary.

Which is what the one series will be doing.
It won't because they would probably have Ash (or whoever the protag is) travel in other regions and not travel to Galar until after the Gen 9 games have been released, in which case it would be pointless. The even more unlikely scenario was that Ash would outright travel to Pasio instead.

It won't because they would probably have Ash (or whoever the protag is) travel in other regions and not travel to Galar until after the Gen 9 games have been released, in which case it would be pointless. The even more unlikely scenario was that Ash would outright travel to Pasio instead.

That's exactly what it will be though, Ash traveling through Galar. There's no reason to believe otherwise.

Maybe so. Though what's started this ball going was the leak for the new Pokemon anime series, revealing both in translation "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokémon" , and in style of text for the placeholder title, similar to that of the AU films.

It is stated to be revealed on 29th September.
Remember, the one slated for Sunday is considered a "world premiere announcement" or something, whereas the one on 29th has more of the movie's tropes and could well be a M23 announcement.
Doesn't make sense for them both to be about the same thing.

So this is kinda interesting. The Starters we saw in the Anime Promotion have slightly different artwork from the games. Grookey is slightly fatter, Sobble looks more gleamy, and the one that has the most change is Scorbunny whose artwork has less shade and the white dominates the orange. The Artwork we received in the promotion also matches the Calendar Artwork from Last Month. So it's safe to say this is how the starters will look and Pokemon will continue to have less shade and outlines like they are in the Current Sun and Moon Series.

View: https://twitter.com/sriram_chan_/status/1167654719709315073?s=19

View: https://twitter.com/Bear_D_Cap/status/1167723167164424192?s=19

Remember, the one slated for Sunday is considered a "world premiere announcement" or something, whereas the one on 29th has more of the movie's tropes and could well be a M23 announcement.
Doesn't make sense for them both to be about the same thing.
But in translation, the placeholder title says “New Pokémon TV Series” meaning that this will be TV related.

But in translation, the placeholder title says “New Pokémon TV Series” meaning that this will be TV related.
Then, like I already stated earlier, it would be a side-series to promote their mobile game. There's absolutely no logic in ending the main series after SM even if Ash wins it.
If they do end it then it's obvious how retarded whoever in charge of it is.

Lord almighty, it's taken me, like, a full month to catch up with all the crap posted in this thread.

(@Champion Cynthia I'm very impressed in particular with your dedication to the cause - you made tables and everything!! I can't say I agree with a single thing in those tables, but a little (pseudo) scientific method in aimless Pokeani speculation is a gold standard fandom measure.)

But yeah, 50 pages and hours of my life which are never coming back later... I essentially know nothing new. I think tomorrow we'll get the title and logo and footage of the starters at most.

As for this 'alternate anime' business... we'll see, but I call bull. So they used the movie logo and reminded us that we're on the 8th series. So what? The main anime is not going to become a redux of the past when they have new main series games to promote, nor are they going to commence a second main anime. At most we'll get something like Origins if they're desperate to make something additional to promote Masters.

Let's hope you're right when Sunday comes.

But would you mind deciphering "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokémon" as well as the possible AU style title placeholder?
Nice edit. It's once again a recap. And who said anything about a a au? Either it looked pretty or is just a filler. Keep it simple stupid. Kiss

Lord almighty, it's taken me, like, a full month to catch up with all the crap posted in this thread.

(@Champion Cynthia I'm very impressed in particular with your dedication to the cause - you made tables and everything!! I can't say I agree with a single thing in those tables, but a little (pseudo) scientific method in aimless Pokeani speculation is a gold standard fandom measure.)

But yeah, 50 pages and hours of my life which are never coming back later... I essentially know nothing new. I think tomorrow we'll get the title and logo and footage of the starters at most.

As for this 'alternate anime' business... we'll see, but I call bull. So they used the movie logo and reminded us that we're on the 8th series. So what? The main anime is not going to become a redux of the past when they have new main series games to promote, nor are they going to commence a second main anime. At most we'll get something like Origins if they're desperate to make something additional to promote Masters.
Finally another genius said it.

Haha, the news on The 29th of September is the News About the New TV Anime Series for Pokémon. I don't get any reason to deny it even if you are seemingly turned off by the content it may show. Ending the main Series Anime isn't even a possibility and thinking that is idiotic. Really, I don't get why people are so worried. They just showed the past starters and the new ones just to show what happened in the past and what's coming in the future like they revealed the XY Games. That's all there is to it. Other than that this is a simple reveal like usual, nothing too special, nothing weird. I think we'll get the series Logo and the "leaked images" that we saw yesterday in a trailer and basically a November Start Date. All the other stuff at the end of the Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom