• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, the news on The 29th of September is the News About the New TV Anime Series for Pokémon. I don't get any reason to deny it even if you are seemingly turned off by the content it may show. Ending the main Series Anime isn't even a possibility and thinking that is idiotic. Really, I don't get why people are so worried. They just showed the past starters and the new ones just to show what happened in the past and what's coming in the future like they revealed the XY Games. That's all there is to it. Other than that this is a simple reveal like usual, nothing too special, nothing weird. I think we'll get the series Logo and the "leaked images" that we saw yesterday in a trailer and basically a November Start Date. All the other stuff at the end of the Month.

Well, less than 18 hours left now, we'll know soon enough.

I don't know why the anime would promote Masters instead of Sword & Shield.
Gacha Games have become very big in Japan, so that could be the reason. I hope Masters isn’t the case. Hopefully the description could be describing where we’ve been thus far. We’ll find out tomorrow.

I don't know why the anime would promote Masters instead of Sword & Shield.
If a Pokemon Masters related anime even happens, it’s going on be a side series and it will be promoted with SwSh, not instead of Sword and Shield. They can promote more than one thing at the same time.

I don’t know why are people getting the idea that SwSh won’t have an anime adaptation. It just seems like an addition/unnecessary to the doom and gloom atmosphere after Dexit, and complaints of the anime declining.

If a Pokemon Masters related anime even happens, it’s going on be a side series and it will be promoted with SwSh, not instead of Sword and Shield. They can promote more than one thing at the same time.

I don’t know why are people getting the idea that SwSh won’t have an anime adaptation. It just seems like an addition/unnecessary to the doom and gloom atmosphere after Dexit, and complaints of the anime declining.
That’s exactly what we would like to see. A journey through Galar. But also running into the characters from Masters. Perhaps also competing in the Galar League as well.

Anyways, I think the Pokémon Masters promotion will be brief. I just hope it isn’t AU Ash. Maybe it features appearances of Ash's Oaked Pokemon? They could be developed somewhat, and maybe even featured sometimes in the SwSh anime (maybe the league?)

why would the end the main series anime after keeping it running for so long? I consider the SM anime to be a complete dud, so there's nowhere to go from here but up.

I doubt they would fashion a mainline anime series to promote Pokemon Masters. The game looks cool, but I have no interest in playing any additional Pokemon games, Pokemon Go has already zapped enough of my life (well, helped me lose weight with all the physical activity). I am not even going to bother with Pokemon Masters. And watching an anime series about a game that sounds boring to me... I'll pass on that.

My guess is there will be a side series to promote Pokemon Masters, and the regular main anime will proceed to Galar at some point in the near future.

I consider the SM anime to be a complete dud, so there's nowhere to go from here but up.

That's funny because I'm sure that back during the BW era alot of fans must've said that same thing and then we got SM half a decade later which most fans consider to be many times worse than BW. I'll laugh if the SS saga is even worse than SM.

I don't think that the Galar region would attract that many old characters.

Christ almighty why do almost all of your replies in this topic start with "I don't"? This constant pessimism and tendency to repudiate other people's thoughts is really frustrating especially since you get all uppity when people criticize your opinions. You can't have it both ways.

Having a bunch of old characters return would very clearly be a very cheap move to shove Masters promotion into an anime that should be promoting Sword & Shield.

I don't see them doing that unless Sword & Shield is outright delayed.
Or not made at all.

Why else would they not include Gen 8 Pokemon in the anime and movies, just as the past Gens did to promote the next Gen on the last year before it's release. Last time this was done was the Volcanion Movie with the showing of Megearna.

The thought of ShSw possibly topping SuMo in terms of mediocrity did cross my mind before, but I keep telling myself that since Gen 8 seems to be more battle focused given the return of gyms and whatnot, that hopefully ShSw will follow suit.

Christ almighty why do almost all of your replies in this topic start with "I don't"? This constant pessimism and tendency to repudiate other people's thoughts is really frustrating especially since you get all uppity when people criticize your opinions. You can't have it both ways.

Thank you. Finally someone said it. I'm not saying that I'm not sometimes a condescending person myself, but even I'm not that negative when it comes to certain ideas that have been shared here unless they involve old characters returning, then my claws come out.

Or not made at all.

Why else would they not include Gen 8 Pokemon in the anime and movies, just as the past Gens did to promote the next Gen on the last year before it's release. Last time this was done was the Volcanion Movie with the showing of Megearna.
That's gotten me fearing of the absence of a Sword & Shield anime completely.

This makes no sense.
I know, which is why we're concerned of what we will get with this new anime coming. If the trailer does drop tomorrow and is the same as what is leaked, then we can already conclude that the current anime series will end and be replaced with an AU series with something similar to Origins/Generations but to also promote Masters.

I know, which is why we're concerned of what we will get with this new anime coming. If the trailer does drop tomorrow and is the same as what is leaked, then we can already conclude that the current anime series will end and be replaced with an AU series with something similar to Origins/Generations but to also promote Masters.
I don't want that. It would be a cheap money grab and would be bad marketing because there's a new gen that needs promoting.

That's funny because I'm sure that back during the BW era alot of fans must've said that same thing and then we got SM half a decade later which most fans consider to be many times worse than BW. I'll laugh if the SS saga is even worse than SM.
That's your subjective opinion. The general opinion among most of the fanbase is that BW remains the worst. SM was a bit strange w/o battles, but it's definitely above BW by miles but nowhere close to DP and XY.
Let's really hope that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom