• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a bunch of old characters return would very clearly be a very cheap move to shove Masters promotion into an anime that should be promoting Sword & Shield.

I think you're missing the point. It's not that you're wrong in this case since I also don't see old characters appearing in the new saga, the problem is that most of your comments basically involve you trying to contradict whichever topic is being discussed. Someone could say that the sky is blue and you'd find something at fault with that and you'd be all "I don't blah blah blah". You hardly ever contribute any original content, you just home in on people's comments and disagree with them for the most part without offering anything new to discuss.

This whole thing about doing a Masters anime instead of a Sword & Shield anime has me concerned about the franchise's future, if this is indeed what we're getting.
When I first saw Masters revealed back in May, I was already concerned. Especially when they have just revealed Sword and Shield.

How strange that Sword and Shield's logo in Japanese is similar to that of the Pokemon brand and worldwide TV series logo.

SM's reception has improved by a long long long margin since it started while BW was actually well received when it started but then went downhill later. Heck would it be incorrect to say liking SM isn't an unpopular opinion anymore? I don't think so really.
I think you're missing the point. It's not that you're wrong in this case since I also don't see old characters appearing in the new saga, the problem is that most of your comments basically involve you trying to contradict whichever topic is being discussed. Someone could say that the sky is blue and you'd find something at fault with that and you'd be all "I don't blah blah blah". You hardly ever contribute any original content, you just home in on people's comments and disagree with them for the most part without offering anything new to discuss.
To be fair, everything the opposite of what he says happens all the time.

When I first saw Masters revealed back in May, I was already concerned. Especially when they have just revealed Sword and Shield.

How strange that Sword and Shield's logo in Japanese is similar to that of the Pokemon brand and worldwide TV series logo.
I agree. I fear that they would promote Masters over Sword & Shield to the detriment of the latter.

That's gotten me fearing of the absence of a Sword & Shield anime completely.
If anything, Sun & Moon anime being basically extended commercial for SM, USUM and LGPE reassured me they will always promote new games in the anime, with Ash stealing protagonist's clothes and exploring the respective region.

There's no way Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to sell more games and didn't adapt them in the main anime.

If anything, Sun & Moon anime being basically extended commercial for SM, USUM and LGPE reassured me they will always promote new games in the anime, with Ash stealing protagonist's clothes and exploring the respective region.

There's no way Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to sell more games and didn't adapt them in the main anime.
The only thing stopping them would be TPC's obsession with mobile gaming.

I'm not buying the whole "the Masters stuff will fully end the anime as a whole so pack your bags and go home!" shtick.

I still think the anime will just continue on as normal. There is just no way the producers are just gonna hit the "END!" button on a series that has been going on for this long in favour of making a short mini-series to promote a mobile game or to smash Ash's brain into pieces so they can start fresh all over again, not to mention it would be kind of silly for them to do it anyway.

But again... tomorrow will tell all.
or it may not

Hey, that isn't Ash's fault.

Delia is the one killing the game protagonists and stealing their clothes. Ash is just an unwitting accomplice.

This fear of the main series ending in favor of a Pokemon Masters series is just so weird to me. There really isn't any reason for them to just stop making a main series and especially to not do a SWSH series. Masters has gotten more attention compared to their other mobile games, so the idea that they'd want another series to promote it wouldn't be a stretch, but based on the other anime they've made like Origins and Generations, there's a far greater chance that a possible Masters series would be just a short series or a collection of shorts.

It just seems like unnecessary panic to me, as well as an excuse to bring more doom and gloom predictions for the franchise. The latter is a big reason why I've been avoiding the Video Game section here, along with avoiding leaks in general.

I think some of you are silly.
It's obvious that a SWSH anime is happening.
Pointing to Nintendo doing mobile as sign is also bullish because literally every Japanese video game company has done that since the mid 2000's and some like Square and Bamco have several running.
Get your head right.

This fear of the main series ending in favor of a Pokemon Masters series is just so weird to me. There really isn't any reason for them to just stop making a main series and especially to not do a SWSH series. Masters has gotten more attention compared to their other mobile games, so the idea that they'd want another series to promote it wouldn't be a stretch, but based on the other anime they've made like Origins and Generations, there's a far greater chance that a possible Masters series would be just a short series or a collection of shorts.

It just seems like unnecessary panic to me, as well as an excuse to bring more doom and gloom predictions for the franchise. The latter is a big reason why I've been avoiding the Video Game section here, along with avoiding leaks in general.
I'm not spelling doom and gloom to the series, I'm just looking at what we have got from the leak. The placeholder title has the same font style as the AU films, plus it describes "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokemon."

I'm not spelling doom and gloom to the series, I'm just looking at what we have got from the leak. The placeholder title has the same font style as the AU films, plus it describes "History takes you to all the worlds of Pokemon."
That's what's gotten people here (including myself) fearing for the future of Pokemon.

It's just marketing speak. We're getting an adaptation of the new games, like always.

Let's hope more of a continuation to SwSh and less of an AU

That's kind of a given. The anime all takes place in one linear timeline.

Much like SM clearly takes place after XY, SwSh will take place after SM.

They just did that AU crap for the movies because they're lazy and don't know what to do with the movies after M19 flopped so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom