• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he might win the league, but it's going to be hollow and meaningless if he also retires this generation.
To me it doesn't matter. Ash has been handled so inconsistently that it's hard to look at OS-SM as a single story. Since I fully expect AU Ash to be the new star (judging from the logo), is there even that big a difference? This will definitely reduce Galar's screentime, but I'm fine with that.

To me it doesn't matter. Ash has been handled so inconsistently that it's hard to look at OS-SM as a single story. Since I fully expect AU Ash to be the new star (judging from the logo), is there even that big a difference? This will definitely reduce Galar's screentime, but I'm fine with that.
Not when there's less promotion for SwSh? Hardly anything Sword and Shield related will be in the anime, and if so, will be so far in the future that by then Gen 9 would be out. Each Arc for the original it's it's own special gift for each Gen, reguardless to how good or bad it is. Denying one new game that, is to deny all.

The main issue we're talking about here is how Nostalgia is being used lately for the sake of money, when money shouldn't have anything to do with it.

And I bet Serena and her Braixen (now Delphox) will appear again

I think people need to be clearer what you mean "Nostalgia" means in this case.

Because ANIME nostalgia is NOT what they are doing, they might be doing GAME Nostalgia, but hell no, them retiring Ash and rebooting, is NOT Nostalgia at all when it comes to the Pokemon Anime.

That would be a massive filler tournament where Ash uses all of his Pokemon and battles his past rivals (or friends he's met along the way), to be the champion, that at least would be Nostalgia.

Rebooting COMPLETELY isn't Nostalgia at all unless somehow "Starting from absolute zero" qualifies as Nostalgia where the games are concerned.

I've decided I think I am going to reserve judgment till we see what this actually is. As Silktree mentioned, it's difficult to even look at the original series to SM and consider that one whole series. Especially when going from XY to SM. So let's see how much they are actually rebooting, or if this is even a reboot at all and more like a "Full experience of the world of Pokemon".

The idea of a full reboot doesn't thrill me all too much at the moment, but you know as long as we still get to see plenty of Galar I think I will be okay. Gimme some sense of a story to follow and pretty visuals with enough featuring of the brand new region and new Pokemon then I am fine. As I mentioned though, I think I will hold my full judgment till we see what we are actually working with here at the end of the month.

A reboot would be fine, but then it should've take place in Galar alone and not other regions stealing spotlight of Galar when they already were represented in their own series. This is just bad.

If AU Ash is only the protagonist for Kanto and maybe Johto, then the show could rotate between the regions rather than following a linear order. Galar will probably be given more episodes as there is more to promote, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the new Pokemon in other regions, too.

They might as well not make Gen 8 and just call it a day with the 7 Gen we already have. They obviously said that there are too many Pokemon now, so why not end whilst they're ahead?

There is currently nothing definitive that says reboot. Dogasu and Serebii Joe confirm as much:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1168112751849418752

Does a reboot seem like a reasonable option based on the available information? I would say so. But let's not take it as a fact that the entire series will be rebooted.

What I'm curious about is if "Pocket Monsters" is the official title or if it's just a placeholder and some subtitle will be added later (kinda like the Pokémon movies used to do). From what I understand, it seems like it's the former. But even then just Pocket Monsters can mean anything really.

Dogasu said:
The official Pokemon Twitter points out that the new series has the exact same title as the original "Pocket Monsters" series from 1997. So I guess this means that's the final logo.

One person, including myself, is hoping that after Ash won the Alola League, he is going to compete in the some giant Champions League that is taking place in the Galar Region, where Ash would meet up with past characters also competing in it.

There is currently nothing definitive that says reboot. Dogasu and Serebii Joe confirm as much:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1168112751849418752

Does a reboot seem like a reasonable option based on the available information? I would say so. But let's not take it as a fact that the entire series will be rebooted.

What I'm curious about is if "Pocket Monsters" is the official title or if it's just a placeholder and some subtitle will be added later (kinda like the Pokémon movies used to do). From what I understand, it seems like it's the former. But even then just Pocket Monsters can mean anything really.

The "Original Title" being used as the title for the Title for the Next Anime Series, there must be a reason for that. As it is confirmed the Anime will not only take place in Galar but also previous Regions.

One person, including myself, is hoping that after Ash won the Alola League, he is going to compete in the some giant Champions League that is taking place in the Galar Region, where Ash would meet up with past characters also competing in it.
"Meet Up with past characters" haha, with how poor the Anime's Continuity has been and the jarring transitions from one series to another, that is highly unlikely.

And yet this is Sword and Shield that they are supposed to promote, and instead it's going to go at the back of the line alongside Gen 9 when that comes out 3-4 years later.
Again, the show could rotate between the regions, and give Galar the most episodes. There is no need to assume the worst.

According to the Tweet, the info on the new series will drop during the episode of SM airing on September 29, 2019 and the new series is apparently simply re-titled Pokémon again and will feature Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos Alola and Galar.

So Champion Cynthia was actually right when they said we wouldn't (technically) be getting a Pokémon Sword & Shield anime at all.

:annoyedVoltorb:

i'm dying at "there's no need to assume the worst" because every possibility seems so bad that, ok i'm not assuming the worst, but it doesn't seem like it can be too far from the worst o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom