• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....You know Pokemon trailers are prone to lying, right? Or did we actually get that Ho-Oh vs Lugia movie after the first three Sinnoh films?
Well, they did say that this series will feature all regions, and the use of just "Pocket Masters" for the Japanese title without any subtitle implies that we're not getting a true Sword & Shield anime saga.

Well, they did say that this series will feature all regions, and the use of just "Pocket Masters" for the Japanese title without any subtitle implies that we're not getting a true Sword & Shield anime saga.
Well... they will, but by then it will be too late.

Maybe they are making a Pokemon Masters anime instead due to the positive influence it's gained?

....You know Pokemon trailers are prone to lying, right? Or did we actually get that Ho-Oh vs Lugia movie after the first three Sinnoh films?
You do realize that the news is on Oricon, Famitsu, and news outlets right? It was never stated in the trailer that it would be an All Region Anime, News outlets like Oricon, Famitsu, and others gave us the news. The Pokémon Anime Account also mentioned an Anime with all Regions. I understand you're trying so hard not to believe it but reality is right in front of you.

This is bad marketing for the new game. It's like as if they don't care for Galar at all, and think it's just a job to make money. It's only with this year that we have woken up to what is actually going on and what Pokemon have now become.

Maybe they are making a Pokemon Masters anime instead due to the positive influence it's gained?

I would not be surprised if that's the case. Next year the game would add in the cast from Gen 8 so what's to stop them?

You do realize that the news is on Oricon, Famitsu, and news outlets right? It was never stated in the trailer that it would be an All Region Anime, News outlets like Oricon, Famitsu, and others gave us the news. The Pokémon Anime Account also mentioned an Anime with all Regions. I understand you're trying so hard not to believe it but reality is right in front of you.

Okay first rude.

The second is that I am just trying to avoid going into the deep end of this. I have Dexit already, don't need 'Anixet'.

like... if Ash is to retire, I see no reason why they had to de-age him. They could have just made him end his anime career at 18 or something. Sun and moon would have worked with high-schoolers.

Okay first rude.

The second is that I am just trying to avoid going into the deep end of this. I have Dexit already, don't need 'Anixet'.
Ah fine. Sorry if that felt rude. I just feel that people are avoiding reality. Being disappointed at first is fine because the after product can surprise you but waiting for the actual thing and eventually raging and hating it just because of its setup will just destroy your impression on the product.

Sw and Sh hasn't exactly gained..... favour, for a lack of a better term. While on the other hand Masters has gained quite a ton of popularity, so I can somewhat see them focusing on Masters and trying to avoid stirring the pot with Sw and Sh.

like... if Ash is to retire, I see no reason why they had to de-age him. They could have just made him end his anime career at 18 or something. Sun and moon would have worked with high-schoolers.

They didn't de-age him. He was 10 in every series.

Sw and Sh hasn't exactly gained..... favour, for a lack of a better term. While on the other hand Masters has gained quite a ton of popularity, so I can somewhat see them focusing on Masters and trying to avoid stirring the pot with Sw and Sh.

Masters JUST came out, so its reception has nothing to do with this.

But, that might all change, because Sword & Shield isn't even out yet.

Am calling it now, Ash will win the Alola league and this anime series will be closer to Pokemon Masters, and he will go and visit all his old friends/rivals now he is a Champion so that he can actually fulfil his lifelong dream of becoming "a Pokemon Master". Being a Champion is just the first step.

It isn't about popularity anymore, mobile "gacha" games are more profitable even if there are just some thousand players that play it, rather the main games that everytime sells 15mio examples.
It's all about whalers that decide what games will have a future and which not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom