• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... let's sum it up. The possibilities where this could go are:
  1. The Endgame for Ash, and all regions/Pokemon are included so the show could come full circle and set up the Masters League and a conclusion/farewell to his character.
  2. Show of Ash using the Movie Universe timeline, hence an AU.
  3. A total reboot with new characters with somehow still having Ash in the series though not as relevant.
  4. Regular Sword and Shield anime and they visit past regions for some reason.
I really Really REALLY hope that it is scenario one.

Okay this is crazy stuff, everyone go to Rica Matsumoto's Twitter Account now, she retweeted this.

Attachments

• 20190902_131425.jpg
    20190902_131425.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 242
So... let's sum it up. The possibilities where this could go are:
  1. The Endgame for Ash, and all regions/Pokemon are included so the show could come full circle and set up the Masters League and a conclusion/farewell to his character.
  2. Show of Ash using the Movie Universe timeline, hence an AU.
  3. A total reboot with new characters with somehow still having Ash in the series though not as relevant.
  4. Regular Sword and Shield anime and they visit past regions for some reason.
I really Really REALLY hope that it is scenario one.
I’m in favour for the fourth option m.

PZlp2nk.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1168357906049142784

Google's translation seems pretty accurate:

The anime series started in 1997 is the 23rd year this year, and has been broadcast more than 1000 times! The title of the work has changed several times so far, but the title of the new series will be reborn as a new title since the start of "Pocket Monster"!

The anime as we know it is over.

You know Google translate is not a reliable form of translation.

Last edited:
I somehow heavily doubt that they would just shove away over 22 years of series as if it's nothing. Not so sudden and on such short notice. Even if this new series won't focus on Ash, I'm still hopeful that the Ash we all know will still have a role somehow. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyway, it does suck that fans are completely left in the dark for a whole month :cautious:

Last edited:
I somehow heavily doubt that they would just shove away over 22 years of series away as if it's nothing. Not so sudden and on such short notice. Even if this new series won't focus on Ash, I'm still hopeful that the Ash we all know will still have a role somehow. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Anyway, it does suck that fans are completely left in the dark for a whole month :cautious:
For months you mean? I had high hopes for SwSh, but now it seems like it has been jinxed with more and more bad decisions and business practices. It’s obvious that GF had bitten off more than they can chew with these games, and TPC are so money hungry with their new Gacha Game. I hope Galar is still a big focus for the new series, because if not then what’s the point? They might as well end it all with Gen 7 and call it a day with remakes.

For months you mean? I had high hopes for SwSh, but now it seems like it has been jinxed with more and more bad decisions and business practices. It’s obvious that GF had bitten off more than they can chew with these games, and TPC are so money hungry with their new Gacha Game. I hope Galar is still a big focus for the new series, because if not then what’s the point? They might as well get me it all with Gen 7 and call it a day with remakes.
Months I guess, yeah. At least it was the usual speculation for the next series. And we could hold on to what the next series of games had to offer for some semblance of an idea what the next series could be like. Now we just got a major bombshell announcement that tells us basically nothing and leaves the whole fanbase to grasp at straws. For a whole month :confused:

The multiple regions thing maybe gets me most anxious of all. How will they balance that and still give Galar the focus it deserves? It honestly just sounds like Generations spread out over an entire saga, and I don't like that thought.

But eh... I shouldn't speculate too much either. There's not much point.

everyone does realize that pokemon doesn't need to tell us anything when it comes to the show or the games they don't need to tell us anything. its a company not some friend or family member. but one thing is certain ash is probably staying he's not going anywhere. we should just calm down and relax. cause it seems like person is causing the mass hysteria.

everyone does realize that pokemon doesn't need to tell us anything when it comes to the show or the games they don't need to tell us anything. its a company not some friend or family member. but one thing is certain ash is probably staying he's not going anywhere. we should just calm down and relax. cause it seems like person is causing the mass hysteria.
Yet you miss the point when it’s suppose to promote SwSh and Galar

Yet you miss the point when it’s suppose to promote SwSh and Galar
it doesn't necessarily need to promote anything orange league didn't promote anything and the battle frontier only happened cause the games got a delay. so im not missing a point. the company can do whatever they want and we have to accept it or just don't watch the new series but will that happen probably not

it doesn't necessarily need to promote anything orange league didn't promote anything and the battle frontier only happened cause the games got a delay. so im not missing a point. the company can do whatever they want and we have to accept it or just don't watch the new series but will that happen probably not
The games! You don't seem to understand of why there have been other anime series in the past, it's to promote the new gens, region, characters and games. Having all regions in this new anime isn't going to give Galar a chance to shine if this is going to be a reboot.

How are Orange Islands and Battle Frontier relevant? They were supposed to be filler post-league arcs to bridge the gap till the next gen released. Regardless, the seasons represented/promoted the respective gens and their Pokemon so it's foolish for them to suddenly change up everything.

I only hope "all regions and their Pokemon" is some sort of damage control wrt Dexit and not some AU or Reboot because that would only add fuel to the flame.

The games! You don't seem to understand of why there have been other anime series in the past, it's to promote the new gens, region, characters and games. Having all regions in this new anime isn't going to give Galar a chance to shine if this is going to be a reboot.
no I understand everything and we don't know how it will promote Galar we know next to nothing other what's being shown your overreacting its not that big of a deal

How are Orange Islands and Battle Frontier relevant? They were supposed to be filler post-league arcs to bridge the gap till the next gen released. Regardless, the seasons represented/promoted the respective gens and their Pokemon so it's foolish for them to suddenly change up everything.

I only hope "all regions and their Pokemon" is some sort of damage control wrt Dexit and not some AU or Reboot because that would only add fuel to the flame.
cause as champion Cynthia said the anime is promote the games but those two seasons didn't promote anything and again the company can do whatever it wants they probably aren't going to give us a solid reason other than the current era in the political area changing. and damage control they would have to feel bad to do damage control something tells me they don't feel bad at all

Last edited:
Okay this is crazy stuff, everyone go to Rica Matsumoto's Twitter Account now, she retweeted this.
I'm pretty sure that to her, AU Ash is still the same character (or at least that's the image she projected during the movie promotions). It's the fans who are invested in the continuity. Anyway, that's a weird way for her to build up hype; she might not have understood the tweet.

I'm pretty sure that to her, AU Ash is still the same character (or at least that's the image she projected during the movie promotions). It's the fans who are invested in the continuity. Anyway, that's a weird way for her to build up hype; she might not have understood the tweet.
She's traveled enough overseas to understand basic english.

no I understand everything and we don't know how it will promote Galar we know next to nothing other what's being shown your overreacting its not that big of a deal

cause as champion Cynthia said the anime is promote the games but those two seasons didn't promote anything and again the company can do whatever it wants they probably aren't going to give us a solid reason other than the current era in the political area changing. and damage control they would have to feel bad to do damage control something tells me they don't feel bad at all
At this point, you come off as someone who's rambling.

As for those filler arcs, they don't have to promote anything because they already did it all before the respective leagues. :bulbaFacepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom