• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, you come off as some who's rambling.

As for those filler arcs, they don't have to promote anything because they already did it all before the respective leagues. :bulbaFacepalm:
its not rambling when one person keeps overreacting and making other worry

This just makes me more sure than ever that Ash is going to win the Alola League. The writers clearly want to "reset" the anime, what with it having gone on for so long, and what better way to do that than to have Ash actually win a Pokemon League for once?
I Doubt it; Winning a league doesn't necessarily mean the end of Ash's Journey; He still has to face the Elite 4!!

Tell that to the insane writer who said "league win = show over", and the clowns who actually believe it.
Seriously; that doesn't make any sense; If Becoming the Champion was the end of it; They could just have him face off against the Elite 4 & Lose; that way He has a reason to keep going to other regions; and Not revert to Square 1 every single time being no closer to Pokemon Master than he was 20+ years ago!!

They could do a normal Galar journey series with episodes focusing on characters from other regions sprinkled in, or they could do another slice of life school series, but with more field trips to other regions.
NO!! I'm not putting another 3 years of my life through another Unfocused Slice-of-life generation!!! Either Return the Series to its Pre-S&M Formula(would start Pokemon's Reiwa Era the way it deserves to; not the Lacklaster ending it got during the HEISEI era) or Cancel it!!

May's probably not coming back because of VA issues. If Max returns then he will have to go solo.
Maybe he'll be older; and have his Ralts with him. . .

E4 won't even exist in Galar according to some Rumors...
The games have yet more info to come out. It's like as if they're saving it for something, and as of yet we have an anime that wouldn't take as much notice on Galar if going chronilogically in order of each Region.

I wish GF or TPC could tell us what's going on instead of leaving all of us in the dark? :cry:

Regardless of what happens, I am glad that it seems like they are continuing the trend they started in SM by taking more chances.
Seriously; that doesn't make any sense; If Becoming the Champion was the end of it; They could just have him face off against the Elite 4 & Lose; that way He has a reason to keep going to other regions; and Not revert to Square 1 every single time being no closer to Pokemon Master than he was 20+ years ago!!

NO!! I'm not putting another 3 years of my life through another Unfocused Slice-of-life generation!!! Either Return the Series to its Pre-S&M Formula(would start Pokemon's Reiwa Era the way it deserves to; not the Lacklaster ending it got during the HEISEI era) or Cancel it!!

Maybe he'll be older; and have his Ralts with him. . .

I think the old formula is dead (and good riddance IMO, it has been stale since the end of DP). SM slice of life theme likely won't carry over into the next series, but the trend of taking chances and doing things differently is here to stay IMO.

Pokemon Fans: Good riddence, brand new anime series, with brand new game of Pokemon Masters, the possibilities are endless.

Pokemon SwSh: Am I a joke to you?

Pokemon Fans: Yes!

No one said that, he said that the show ends when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master.
Wasn't it the creators who said once Ash became Champion then that's when he becomes Pokemon Master?

Also to note, there isn't anything Gen 8 relasted shown within the anime nor movies as of this year to promote the next Gen, unlike what the past Gens had with the last being the Volcanion movie.

Like as if Gen 8 has become no big deal at all.

No one said that, he said that the show ends when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master.
No, they said something along the lines of "Ash can't win a League because if he does, then he'll be a Pokemon Master and the show has to end."

Which frankly makes no sense, the goal of Pokemon Master itself is ambiguous.
Winning a regional League Conference is just a stepping stone to that path, after which comes the Champion League (and even the Masters League or PWT). Doesn't necessarily mean it's the only way though.

No, they said something along the lines of "Ash can't win a League because if he does, then he'll be a Pokemon Master and the show has to end."

Winning a regional League Conference is just a stepping stone to that path, after which comes the Champion League (and even the Masters League or PWT). Doesn't necessarily mean it's the only way though.
Only Alola doesn't yet have a Champions League. The only thing they have is the Masked Royal.

Only Alola doesn't yet have a Champions League. The only thing they have is the Masked Royal.
Kinda the point, even that battle is an exhibition one.

It's an insult to injury to fans to end it with a win in a laid back league that has NO full battles. Even worse is that they do it off after the malarkey they pulled in the XY finals when XY could have been a really good exit point.

Speaking of SM. if they do keep current Ash and he wins the league, I do hope they have competitors in the next series look down on the achievement. It would allow Ash to be the underdog again, but they wouldn't have to reset his battle prowess.

Speaking of SM. if they do keep current Ash and he wins the league, I do hope they have competitors in the next series look down on the achievement. It would allow Ash to be the underdog again, but they wouldn't have to reset his battle prowess.
Makes sense in a way. The Galar league seems to be more intense (to the point we have toxic fanclubs of competitors and gyms themselves being full house stadiums), it would be a nice change of pace where the more tryhard elements in Galar look down upon the less competitive inaugural Alola league.

That, and Ash being a foreigner means he'll be looked down upon 2x.

I think that the statement was made by a former director over ten years ago. I don't think that they said that Ash would be a Pokemon Master if he wins a League. I think that is more of a notion from the fanbase mixed in with the director's interview. At the end of DP, Ash said that winning a Pokemon League and defeating the Elite 4's Champion was part of becoming a Pokemon Master, as opposed to actually reaching his goal. That comment is where the notion that Ash can't win a League because the series would be over notion came from though. Admittedly, I'm not sure how much stock we should put into that statement at this point. It was made so long ago by a former staff member, so things can definitely change.

That logic would be especially strange to use for the Alola League. While it would still be a noteworthy accomplishment if Ash does win, I also don't think it would mean that he'd be too strong to stay the main lead. Only two of his Alola Pokemon have believable strength in battle and he doesn't have a full team either. It wouldn't be hard to have Ash be the lead in the next series even after winning the Alola League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom