• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know if it'll be 140+ episode series. I don't see the point of reintroducing all those regions just to toss them back after 3 years.

Imagine the intro playing gotta catch em all and having it similar to the old but with the inclusion of all the regions. You could have just like with Advanced Battle the silloettes of the Champions that their aces that Ash would have the face. Lance with Dragonite, Steven with Metagross, Cynthia with Garchomp, Alder with Volcarona, Diantha with Gardevoir and Leon with Charizard.

It's confirmed that the series is set in all regions, so this isn't just about past characters showing up in Galar. As said, the logo would be a really silly choice in that case.
Especially the idea of all the regions hogging Galar's chance to shine. I begin to see Galar as like the scrawny runt of the family whilst his older brothers get all the attention.

Maybe, but I think us fans exaggerate how much the writers care about showing off the regions. (season one Kanto is a good example of this, as is the Battle Frontier arc). The most important thing is showing off the Pokemon (fan favorites and the new ones), the region is secondary IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think that the whole 'every region is included' thing means that literally every major event from the past 7 regions will be adapted into the new series tbh. In fact, I think that they'll mostly focus on showcasing major characters that appear in Pokemon Masters along with their Pokemon rather than actually redoing all of the major plot points from the past 7 regions, because I don't think there's enough time to do a complete retelling of every single game storyline.

I don't think that the whole 'every region is included' thing means that literally every major event from the past 7 regions will be adapted into the new series tbh. In fact, I think that they'll mostly focus on showcasing major characters that appear in Pokemon Masters along with their Pokemon rather than actually redoing all of the major plot points from the past 7 regions, because I don't think there's enough time to do a complete retelling of every single game storyline.
The climax could be all the characters coming together to stop the main event that is occurring in the Galar Region.

I just watched a theory video on what the new series could be about, and I think I agree with everything that's said in it.

Had already shown them. Wishful thinking that we'd all like to see, when the company might go a different direction with the AU Ash. Until 29th September, we'll just have to wait and see. Perhaps in the direct tomorrow we could see more potentials for Ash's companions (if the new anime is still doing that?)

I'm just trying not to be optimistic to what we might get for the new anime series. I too would like something like what that video described.
I didn't mean just that. You also had to be the first one to post that video and make my post effectively useless. Of course I could've know you did it first before I posted that, but that would've frustrated me too.

I am not enthused about the Chronicles approach, but I've disagreed with the fandom on everything related to that.

I didn't mean just that. You also had to be the first one to post that video and make my post effectively useless. Of course I could've know you did it first before I posted that, but that would've frustrated me too.
We can't all be first all the time. I'm no different, and I suppose everyone here can reflect on that.

Speaking of such, Ash always proclaims himself of being a leader without giving everyone a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom