• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're taking his comment too seriously...
true, although there is a term called ''self-sacrificing'' and ''selflessness''. Because in todays day of age, we have the term of ''me first''. Being selfless would make Ash more of a relatable character. But then, this is a 10 year old we are talking about here. Not someone who is 30 years old.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCX9Vu7WBgo

Another person put up his personal thoughts and reasons to why the anime cannot drop Ash.

Also, if Ash becomes the first Champion, then he can finally have the capability of competing in the Champions League. Perhaps something to do with one in Galar with the Champion Cup, and Ash travelling there to compete. But of course, there's still the lack of Gen 8 Pokemon with the anime and movie this year. Yet, the anime hasn't ended yet, so they might snuck in a Gen 8 Pokemon in it. They did hint of Galar in one of the Detective Laki episodes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCX9Vu7WBgo

Another person put up his personal thoughts and reasons to why the anime cannot drop Ash.

Also, if Ash becomes the first Champion, then he can finally have the capability of competing in the Champions League. Perhaps something to do with one in Galar with the Champion Cup, and Ash travelling there to compete. But of course, there's still the lack of Gen 8 Pokemon with the anime and movie this year. Yet, the anime hasn't ended yet, so they might snuck in a Gen 8 Pokemon in it. They did hint of Galar in one of the Detective Laki episodes.

The Champion's Cup might just be Galar's replacement for the Elite 4.

The Champion's Cup might just be Galar's replacement for the Elite 4.
we don't know that yet for the game. We might have to wait until more info or the game comes out.

For the anime, yeah I can see something like that. I can also see Ash travelling to different Regions to confront the Champions there as well as meeting up with old friends. He'll be using Galar Pokemon throughout Galar, but for the Champion's Cup, he would use the Pokemon he had stored with Professor Oak. Perhaps his Greninja will return and be part of his Champion's Team.

What if the Champions Cup is the Champions League that Cynthia mentioned a while back, and what better for Ash, since he will be Champion of Alola to compete in it. It would be set in Galar of course, with the reigning Champion of the Champions League being Leon. So you can well imagine past Champions like Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha competing for Leon's crown and cup.

SM was a sort of testing ground. Whilst the main story is centered around Alola, it also have Kanto stuff, from Alolan Forms, to visiting Kanto and seeing Misty and Brock. Now with this new series, we could have a similar thing with the main story centered around Galar, it'll also have other region stuff, from Galarian Forms and evolutions, to Ash travelling to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola, seeing more of his old friends again.

Last edited:
There was the original script idea for M20 with Ash reuniting with his old companions and going on an adventure together to mark Pokemon's 20th anniversary, which was then scrapped for the Pokemon I Choose You Movie. However the companions did made cameos in the credits. But now looking at this it seems like they have decided to save and rework the concept for something truly special with the Gen 8 anime. If so, then wouldn't this be a really interesting series to bring all the generations together. All the OS, AG, DP, BW, XY and SM fans together.

Imagine Misty meeting Nessa.

Last edited:
I don't think we have people that were with Ash at any point in every region. Most of them are in Johto or Hoenn. I don't think anyone stayed in Sinnoh. Nobody stayed in Unova. Cilan was last seen in Kalos. Clemont is still in Kalos too.

I don't think we have people that were with Ash at any point in every region. Most of them are in Johto or Hoenn. I don't think anyone stayed in Sinnoh. Nobody stayed in Unova. Cilan was last seen in Kalos. Clemont is still in Kalos too.
Well we won't know until the anime comes out. They might work something in the series. Time has a way of changing things you know?

I really think such an idea would've been better suited for the Mega Evolution treatment, if it could be made interesting at all.

I meant the Mega Evolution specials, not Mega Evolution itself.

I'm scared that ash won't be intend anime anymore.
Let's hope not. He's too entangled within the anime to be let go.

The new anime only said it'll have all the regions, it never said anything about Reboots nor Remakes. Meaning that the series could be like Sun and Moon (not the slice of life) with the Regional Forms and the travel to old Regions. Sun and Moon did Kanto, so the new series would do the same with all regions. Perhaps to do with the Champions League and the Champions Cup.

I would have to assume that travel costs nothing in the pokemon world then, because how can anyone fly all over the world constantly? And no, there is no way Ash is famous enough to be that flipping rich. I doubt real champions are that rich.

I would have to assume that travel costs nothing in the pokemon world then, because how can anyone fly all over the world constantly? And no, there is no way Ash is famous enough to be that flipping rich. I doubt real champions are that rich.
You get money by beating trainers, so that's how. Anyway, it's an anime, so anything goes. Although if Ash is going to Kalos from Galar, he could use the equivalent to the Channel Tunnel.

Perhaps Charon and Saturn could return and have some part to do with Eternatus

Last edited:
You get money by beating trainers, so that's how. Anyway, it's an anime, so anything goes. Although if Ash is going to Kalos from Galar, he could use the equivalent to the Channel Tunnel.

Perhaps Charon and Saturn could return and have some part to do with Eternatus

I am hoping that Ash's rival from every region will be shown in the SwSh Anime ...

I only ever wanted a good plot. Bringing everyone together doesn't sound that good to me.

Or he could use his Pokemon.
It's not like he doesn't have a flying type or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom