• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you forgot in fall of 2017 there was an announcement that ash was going to other regions maybe the writers are deciding to make a series about that and discover galar what you think?

Is it true that M20 was originally supposed to be an all star special? I've never actually heard that before. It would make a lot of sense, honestly, because M20 came across as a little disjointed to me and that concept sounds amazing. I'd love to read more about that if it's out there anywhere (not sure if it was just a comment made by a staff member or if there's more to it).

As for the reveals today, I was (foolishly) hoping they would reveal something that might give some more hints as to what we should be expecting in the next couple of weeks. No such luck. At least camping is kind of like what goes on in the anime :LOL:

I didn't think that today's announcement would help with any speculation on the anime. I was hoping that we'd see the starter evolved forms, which might have given a better idea as to which one could be caught by Ash, but that didn't happen. I like the new Pokemon we got though. Cramorant in particular is adorable. It doesn't really come off as a Pokemon that I could see being featured in the main cast, but I wouldn't mind if that did happen. The simplistic design and color scheme works really well for it and I could see it being a comedy relief Pokemon too.

Camping and Cooking makes it seem like they're using game mechanics from features that the anime introduced which is ironic since the anime was the one meant to promote the games.

I can see how these Region Arcs will go. No doubt the main story would probably be some kind of World Cup throughout the new series...

Kanto Arc - You could have Ash meeting Gary (and possibly Sabrina) and having a proper rematch with her.

Johto Arc - Ash would meet up with Casey, revealing that her Elekid had evolved into an Electivire

Hoenn Arc- Ash would meet up with May and Max once more and go on an adventure with them.

Sinnoh Arc - This one seemed to have more content that I could think of, and since this would come out to promote the Gen 4 Remake for next year, what better way than to surprise us with this... James will visit Gardenia to see how Cacnea is doing, meanwhile, Ash and Dawn will be shocked to see Pokemon Hunter J has somehow survived and has returned to hunting Pokémon once more. Once again she would be foiled and once again she escapes, but later will be hired for the climax in Galar.

Unova Arc - Ash would meet up with Iris and Cilan again, revealing that Iris has become Champion of Unova (And could possibly be in relation with Leon and Hop)

Kalos Arc - Ash will travel through the railway tunnel under the sea to Kalos to see Serena, Clemont and Bonnie. Ash would be reunited with Greninja after taking care of the roots, and would probably face that villain that has yet resolved in the XY story, who would probably be hired for the climax in Galar.

Alola Arc - Ash would arrive to see his classmates again and how they are doing. Lana's Sandy would probably have evolved (possibly into a new eeveelution), and Ash would have to defend his title as Pokemon Champion of Alola.

Galar Arc - The main focus of the anime where Ash competes in the Galar League as well as the World Cup League of Champions. If James does bring back Cacnea, then perhaps it could evolve into a Galarian Cacturn. The climax would be the threat using Pokemon Hunter J and the Kalos villain to capture or harness the Legendary Pokemon of Galar. Either both Zacian and Zamazenta
or Eternatus
. All of Ash's friends, including the Champions and Legendaries will join forces of stopping the threat that will occur in Galar.

That's just a rough guess of what would might be for the series, and from what it sounds like, is going to be a big one.

Last edited:
My point still sticks that...
I didn't answer your point, I answered your false claim.
...BW was intended initially as a reboot but they had to double back and make it a part of the continuity and ended up contradicting a lot of things (like that magnet train comment, or Dawn stating 1 year had passed since the Wallace Cup). The moment they doubled back, they contradicted BW001 and rendered it unaccountable.
Look again...

On top of that drawer, there is Satoshi's souvenirs from Sinnoh, and also the statue that Haruka gave him. There was no reboot.
...Hence not 10 years old.
He was 10 at the start of BW, that's a fact; he might be not 10 anymore, but we don't know.
Another thing is that its not only dropping Ash. Its dropping the TRio as well in the process, not to speak about all the Pokemon they have caught.
Not really? They can go to other regions without Satoshi.

Look at this point I just accept the anime is like it is, and use a fanfic with a time reboot concept to basically have everyone be just as confused as we are about it.

I get more mileage about Ash being confused about his exact age in some form than any other joke, and some of my favorite ones come from it.

"May Aged Backwards?" quite possibly being my favorite.

Cramorant feels like a typical TR Pokémon to me. But I think that they will stick with Galar Weezing for James if the rumours are true that this will be a semi-reboot of the anime.

Cramorant feels like a typical TR Pokémon to me. But I think that they will stick with Galar Weezing for James if the rumours are true that this will be a semi-reboot of the anime.
Cramorant looks as if it'll be the gag Pokemon, similar to the bird in UP

Imagine Cramorant being another Psyduck for Nessa if she becomes Ash's companion.

Wishful thinking, which is highly doubtful.

I would be open for that. But I still doubt that Nessa will be a companion. We already had this discussion that she is too old, too tall, to... sexy... Can I say sexy on this board? I got already two warnings because I called a female character hot and a smoke show.

I would be open for that. But I still doubt that Nessa will be a companion. We already had this discussion that she is too old, too tall, to... sexy... Can I say sexy on this board? I got already two warnings because I called a female character hot and a smoke show.
The main problem with Nessa being a companion is that her design is too complex. She has too many extra details and it would be hard to draw her, especially if she appears in every episode.

Another possibility is, that they maybe change her design for the anime and make the design simpler. They did the same thing with Brock and Misty, who had different outfits in the games. Technically draw them even more detailed in the anime: Brock was shirtless in the games and Misty only wor a swimsuit and was barefooted.

Yeah... and such an exotic beauty... :love:.

It would actually be nice to have for once two tall companions for Ash. Also, Nessa is not that tall. She isn't that much taller compare to the playable characters.

It would actually be nice to have for once two tall companions for Ash. Also, Nessa is not that tall. She isn't that much taller compare to the playable characters.
About slightly taller than Misty maybe.

If I have to guess, I would still stand on Gloria being Ash's companion. She will of course capture a Morpeko and would travel with Ash to the other Regions. Perhaps meeting May, Dawn and Serena.

As for Marnie, she would make for a very interesting rival for Ash, since she will be his competitor that will be part of the story. She isn't like Gladion where in the anime he isn't part of Team Skull, Marnie has her fanbase of Team Yell following her around, with her being the head. So I don't see how they will get round her becoming a companion for Ash.

Her head to body ratio is 6/1, same as Kukui and most of adults. Also, please stop.

Marnie has her fanbase of Team Yell following her around, with her being the head. So I don't see how they will get round her becoming a companion for Ash.
I doubt she's the leader of Team Yell, they seem to be more of a toxic/rabid fanclub and its not like what she says will influence them unless it's a positive for herself.

According to the leak, she's a 'princess' who ran away to escape the shadow of her mother, who is supposedly a 'queen' and a Gym Leader.

I doubt she's the leader of Team Yell, they seem to be more of a toxic/rabid fanclub and its not like what she says will influence them unless it's a positive for herself.

According to the leak, she's a 'princess' who ran away to escape the shadow of her mother, who is supposedly a 'queen' and a Gym Leader.
All rumors that mention the second part were confirmed fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom