• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt she's the leader of Team Yell, they seem to be more of a toxic/rabid fanclub and its not like what she says will influence them unless it's a positive for herself.

According to the leak, she's a 'princess' who ran away to escape the shadow of her mother, who is supposedly a 'queen' and a Gym Leader.
The runaway princess part is fake. Even if she is representing the head of Team Yell, she prefers to be more of a Lone Wolf, just like Gladion and Paul, so it would be interesting to see how they'll use her character in the new anime.

I would be open for that. But I still doubt that Nessa will be a companion. We already had this discussion that she is too old, too tall, to... sexy... Can I say sexy on this board? I got already two warnings because I called a female character hot and a smoke show.
Yeah... and such an exotic beauty... :love:.
Because you keep on fetishising POCs? Can you please stop? That comes off as perverted and really inappropriate for such a forum.

Because you keep on fetishising POCs? Can you please stop? That comes off as perverted and really inappropriate for such a forum.
Nessa will probably not be a companion for Ash. Nothing too flashy or sticking too much out. It'll just be as simple as possible.

Is it freaking September 29th yet? (Sarcasm)

But seriously, after a few days of thinking I decided to finally share my thoughts on this reboot situation or whatever and I'm going to put it in as few words as I can, and I'm just going to try to look at this as rationally as possible. I do still prefer if Ash could stay the protagonist and for this to not be a reboot, but what ever happens, in the end all I ask for is for this next series to be enjoyable. I am still pretty annoyed that they left us one more month with nothing to do but theorize over the same stuff.

Last edited:
Is it freaking September 29th yet? (Sarcasm)

But seriously, after a few days of thinking I decided to finally share my thoughts on this reboot thing or whatever and I'm going to put it in as few words as I can, and I'm just going to try to look at this as rationally as possible. I do still prefer if Ash could stay the protagonist and for this to not be a reboot, but what ever happens, in the end all I ask for is for this next series to be enjoyable. I am still pretty annoyed that they left us one more month with nothing to do but theorize over the same stuff.
It never said anything about it being a reboot or remake though. All we got is that it'll have all the Regions in it. The likely scenario of what it could likely be is that the main story will take place in Galar where Ash will compete there, but will also be set in the past regions. Since Gen 7, there was plans of having Ash reunited with his old companions in their regions, but was instead reduced to Kanto with Misty and Brock. Perhaps it was just testing of waters before putting all this in the Gen 8 anime.

It never said anything about it being a reboot or remake though. All we got is that it'll have all the Regions in it. The likely scenario of what it could likely be is that the main story will take place in Galar where Ash will compete there, but will also be set in the past regions. Since Gen 7, there was plans of having Ash reunited with his old companions in their regions, but was instead reduced to Kanto with Misty and Brock. Perhaps it was just testing of waters before putting all this in the Gen 8 anime.
I wasn't really talking about you...:confused:

I was just sharing my thoughts.

Right, the next episodes of Sun and Moon have the birth of a Champion, then we'll have an episode where Guzzlord appeared in their world and everyone will have to work together on stopping it.

I would be open for that. But I still doubt that Nessa will be a companion. We already had this discussion that she is too old, too tall, to... sexy... Can I say sexy on this board? I got already two warnings because I called a female character hot and a smoke show.

Well you keep fetishing her skintone; I remember you saying that she was attractive before and implying that she should have a femme fatale-esque personality because she's dark-skinned, which is probably why some people became upset (I was definitely among them).

I think she'll act the way that she does in the games when she shows up though, as in kind of a diva and a superstar judging from the game trailer that I saw her in.

I can see Gloria being Ash's companion with her doing the gym battles, while Allister is in the cast for gags.

I can see Gloria being Ash's companion with her doing the gym battles, while Allister is in the cast for gags.

Oh, this again. Why would they have two cast members do gym battles when one is more than enough? And yes, I do think that Ash would challenge gyms if he stays as the main character in the series regardless of all the "but he will win the Alola league already!!!" excuses that people have thrown around to justify Ash retiring from gym battles in the future.

Even though we're still not sure how this anime will function, I just wanna say, I hope we get to see the curry making in the new series. Whether it's Ash or someone new, it looks super fun, so I really want to see that in the show :LOL:

Honestly, after seeing the customization SwSh has, I kinda of hoping Ash really will leave and we'll get Victor and Gloria instead. They have a chance of actually changing their clothes up and showing off the feature. :p

Even though we're still not sure how this anime will function, I just wanna say, I hope we get to see the curry making in the new series. Whether it's Ash or someone new, it looks super fun, so I really want to see that in the show :LOL:

Honestly, after seeing the customization SwSh has, I kinda of hoping Ash really will leave and we'll get Victor and Gloria instead. They have a chance of actually changing their clothes up and showing off the feature. :p
Since when? We need Ash for marketing. Since when did they have a chance of appearing?

Not because she is dark-skinned, that is what you guys interpreted, but she comes off for me a bit as a femme fatale. That is the reason why I called her like that. Not because been black makes her automatically a femme fatale. Boy... it is true what people say. You must really be careful what you say nowadays, people read just way too much into it.

People need to be more open minded. If you're older you're less likely to adopt a new outlook. I'd love Alister to befriend Ash.

I don't see why this isn't possible. SM showed Ash becoming self-sufficient when it comes to daily chores (cooking, doing laundry .etc.) and it would be interesting to see him providing for the others for once.

I didn't say it was possible for Ash to do it. He very well could. I only said what I said since we have not idea if Ash will even be in the new series.

Oh, this again. Why would they have two cast members do gym battles when one is more than enough? And yes, I do think that Ash would challenge gyms if he stays as the main character in the series regardless of all the "but he will win the Alola league already!!!" excuses that people have thrown around to justify Ash retiring from gym battles in the future.

Well if he wins in Alola then there's the possibility that they're gonna do a champions cup in Galar and since he's already qualified to enter, they could give the role of doing gym battles the companion, who could be Gloria. Heck maybe we'll get both a regular league for Gloria and the champions cup for Ash. That would also give the female companion a more battle orientated goal, something many people actually waited for, while Ash could prepare himself for his champions cup. Ash pretty much could function as a mentor and the focus on Galar would be solely for Gloria, without making Ash's journey in Galar irrelevant.

What kind of gags can a masked guy even have?

Scaring people off with his mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom