• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he wins in Alola then there's the possibility that they're gonna do a champions cup in Galar and since he's already qualified to enter, they could give the role of doing gym battles the companion, who could be Gloria. Heck maybe we'll get both a regular league for Gloria and the champions cup for Ash. That would also give the female companion a more battle orientated goal, something many people actually waited for, while Ash could prepare himself for his champions cup. Ash pretty much could function as a mentor and the focus on Galar would be solely for Gloria, without making Ash's journey in Galar irrelevant.

Scaring people off with his mask.
Or they could do a parallel story similar to GoT where Ash's journey takes him across the past regions in his preparation for the Champions Cup whereas Gloria competes in the Galar gyms, eventually/occasionally clashing. Though the issue would be the long term objective of Gloria and what she'd be doing it all for in the end, and especially if this is Ash's final journey.

And wouldn't that be a waste? Be realistic.

Personally I wouldn't consider it a waste, but I suppose it depends on who you ask.

I don't see what's so super unrealistic about Ash possibly being replaced, what with a lot of the information given out implying that this is series is supposed to be a new beginning of sorts. He could stay, but I think it's quite possible that they could finally use a new protagonist.

Personally I wouldn't consider it a waste, but I suppose it depends on who you ask.

I don't see what's so super unrealistic about Ash possibly being replaced, what with a lot of the information given out implying that this is series is supposed to be a new beginning of sorts. He could stay, but I think it's quite possible that they could finally use a new protagonist.
Let's look at the facts. Ash is a loved mascot and has been associated with pikachu for years. They used the movie 20 logo. Pikachu has had lots of character development so why let that go down the drain for another one?

It's just wishful thinking on your part.

Edit : If they wanted to replace Ash they'd done it by now.

Last edited:
Not because she is dark-skinned, that is what you guys interpreted, but she comes off for me a bit as a femme fatale. That is the reason why I called her like that. Not because been black makes her automatically a femme fatale. Boy... it is true what people say. You must really be careful what you say nowadays, people read just way too much into it.

I'm sorry, but that's complete Tauros crap and you know it. Here's what you originally said that ticked me off and started my whole 'Nessa shouldn't be fetishized for her race' debate:

Well, she is black and she comes off like a femme fatale. This is the reason why I few her as one.

You specifically said that she was black and that she came off as a femme fatale. No one took your words out of context, so you can't use that excuse.

Last edited:
Plus, as mentioned posts and pages ago...

The original idea for M20, before it became a retelling of Pokemon I Choose You, was that it was going to be a Sun and Moon movie, having Ash reuniting with all of his past companions, going on an adventure together.

In Autumn 2017, there was something mentioned that Ash will be travelling to past Regions, when all we had was Kanto, Misty and Brock.

Perhaps what Sun and Moon was was testing waters for what is to come. As Alola had Kanto, Galar would have all the Regions. Perhaps the crew were saving the idea for that.

Well, yeah she is black and personalitywise she comes off for me as a bit of a femme fatale like character. Ergo I called her a black femme fatale. I'm mean, that is just my few on her. Iris, for example, is in my eyes also a cute black tomboy. Am I'm not allowed to call her one? You guys really shouldn't be so sensitive.

Last edited:
Plus, as mentioned posts and pages ago...

The original idea for M20, before it became a retelling of Pokemon I Choose You, was that it was going to be a Sun and Moon movie, having Ash reuniting with all of his past companions, going on an adventure together.

In Autumn 2017, there was something mentioned that Ash will be travelling to past Regions, when all we had was Kanto, Misty and Brock.

Perhaps what Sun and Moon was was testing waters for what is to come. As Alola had Kanto, Galar would have all the Regions. Perhaps the crew were saving the idea for that.
Once again Cynthia saves the day for me. UwU

Well, yeah she is black and personalitywise she comes off for me as a bit of a femme fatale like character.

Didn't we already have this conversation about how your views on what a femme fatale doesn't match with what the actual definition of the archetype really is? Or about how you bringing up Nessa's skin but not any of the other characters' and you calling her exotic because of her skin tone is very... yeah, I think it's obvious what it implies.

Well, Nessa so far is the only real black character in the game. Hop, Leon and Bea have a tanned skin tone, but I wouldn't call them black. Nessa is the only real black girl in Galar so far, that probably has African roots. I'm personally happy about this. I won't stop calling them black, just because you are too sensitive to hear this. Personally I can't wait to see which other beautiful black girls they will design in the future. So far Gamefreak did an amazing job. Iris is cute, Lenora is awesome, Olivia is freaking adorable, Kiawes mother is also really a looker, same with Shelly and Nessa is just another beautiful black woman I can add to the roster.

I hope in a future game the next region will be based on South Africa. Imagine how many great black girls they will create for that game.

Last edited:
Well, Nessa so far is the only real black character in the game. Hop, Leon and Bea have a tanned skin tone, but I wouldn't call them black. Nessa is the only real black girl in Galar so far, that probably has African roots. I'm personally happy about this. I won't stop calling them black, just because you are too sensitive to hear this. Personally I can't wait to see which other beautiful black girls they will design in the future. So far Gamefreka did an amazing job. Iris is cute, Lenora is awesome, Olivia is freaking adorable, Kiawes mother is also really a looker, same with Shelly and her new design and Nessa is just another beautiful black woman I can add to the roster.

I hope in a future game the next region will be based on South Africa. Imagine how many great black designs they will come up with that game.
Dude... you just fully stepped into the creep territory.

Let's look at the facts. Ash is a loved mascot and has been associated with pikachu for years. They used the movie 20 logo. Pikachu has had lots of character development so why let that go down the drain for another one?

It's just wishful thinking on your part.

Edit : If they wanted to replace Ash they'd done it by now.

I've thought that same thing up until they specifically said that this upcoming anime will be a 'rebirth' of sorts. That to me is what gives the possibility that they could replace Ash. We'll just have to wait and see what happens at the end of the month.

I've thought that same thing up until they specifically said that this upcoming anime will be a 'rebirth' of sorts. That to me is what gives the possibility that they could replace Ash. We'll just have to wait and see what happens at the end of the month.

Just because the Pokemon logo resembles AU, doesn't mean that it could be. From what we know so far, the art style is still similar to that of Sun and Moons, meaning that the series will still continue with Ash and Pikachu, as if like SM, BW and XY. It never said anything about Reboots, Rebirth or Remakes connected to it. Instead it stated that it will be focusing on all 8 Pokemon Regions.

If we have learned anything from SM, the this new series will be mainly set in the Galar Region, but will have Ash travelling to the other past Regions, to which I can see very interesting to see.

Perhaps this is due to coincide with the League of Champions that Cynthia mentioned a while back, and since Ash would become Alola's Champion, then he will be more than qualified to participate in.

Last edited:
Of which Ash as Champion of Alola will be allowed to compete in all Regions.

Last edited:
Just because the Pokemon logo resembles AU, doesn't mean that it could be. From what we know so far, the art style is still similar to that of Sun and Moons, meaning that the series will still continue with Ash and Pikachu, as if like SM, BW and XY. It never said anything about Reboots, Rebirth or Remakes connected to it. Instead it stated that it will be focusing on all 8 Pokemon Regions.

If we have learned anything from SM, the this new series will be mainly set in the Galar Region, but will have Ash travelling to the other past Regions, to which I can see very interesting to see.

Perhaps this is due to coincide with the League of Champions that Cynthia mentioned a while back, and since Ash would become Alola's Champion, then he will be more than qualified to participate in.

It is pretty much the same logo. Pokemon can do whatever they want, but I don't understand why they would use that logo if this series was not branching into the AU timeline,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom