• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, most of those belonged to the cast, whether main or side. Munna belonged to that dream scientist, Zorua to one of the rivals. I can't recall Klink and Darumaka, need to check the wiki to refresh my memory. Minccino belonged to Bianca.

Resh/Zek were legendary mascots, Victini would have been movie promo.
No main character in BW owned either Klink or Darumaka, as far as I remember.

Most of the time, the Pokemon shown in these calendars are own by the main and side characters, few of the time are not owned by anyone, even showing Legendaries as some sort of promotion to the film that came out when the calendar is being made.

What's making this 2020 Pokemon calendar up on the radar is that aside from Pikachu and the starters, you can also see the other pokemon that belonged to some of Ash's past companions. With Scorbunny and Sobble shown more than Grookey, I'm only guessing that Scorbunny and Sobble would end up being Ash's, whilst Grookey would be the starter Pokemon to Gloria. I've already made a theory list connected to this possibility.

It could be Ash's since Scorbunny fits his personality very well, since both of them are very energetic, along with Sobble who's shyness will most likely be part of an overcoming story arc. The only Pokemon I see being Gloria's is Grookey (who's more further back than Sobble in the 2020 calendar picture) since it's described of being filled with boundless curiosities. Just like her when starting her first journey through Galar (and beyond).
Plus you do notice the color of the Female Trainer's being similar to their starter Pokemon's types. May and Serena (Red), Dawn (Blue) and Gloria (Green).

Just as XY had similar starter arrangements as AG, This new series could go the similar arrangement as DP.
AG and XY
DP and New Anime
Treeko (Ash) / Chespin (Clemont)
Turtwig (Ash) / Grookey (Gloria)
Torchic (May) / Fennekin (Serena)
Chimchar (Ash) / Scorbunny (Ash)
Mudkip (Brock) / Froakie (Ash)
Piplup (Dawn) / Sobble (Ash)

There is also that leaked logo for the Osaka Pokemon Center that has Grookey on it alongside Pikachu and Meowth.

Actually, most of those belonged to the cast, whether main or side. Munna belonged to that dream scientist, Zorua to one of the rivals. I can't recall Klink and Darumaka, need to check the wiki to refresh my memory. Minccino belonged to Bianca.

Resh/Zek were legendary mascots, Victini would have been movie promo.

I said main cast as in Ash, Iris and Cilan since Pokemon belonging to side characters and rivals are pretty much irrelevant as far as marketing goes, especially in the case of Fennel's Munna who only appeared in 2 episodes not counting flashbacks (1 of which was only a minor appearance anyways) and Bianca's Minccino which only made like 6 or 7 appearances but was still a minor Pokemon in the grand scheme of things.

But please, continue to imply that the 2020 calendar is the word of God and that Shaymin, Sylveon and Vulpix are now supposedly 100% confirmed to appear in the cast because of said calendar. :rolleyes:

That was back in 2011 and 2012, almost 10 years ago, times have changed since then when showcasing the Pokemon for the calenders. 2011 was when Black and White was coming out, and is enough to guess which Pokemon would belong to whom Whilst 2012 is when we know the Pokemon are established. What makes the 2020 one different is that it features Pokemon that were already established and owned by past characters (Snowy, Sylveon and Shaymin). And with this talk about the new series being based on all 7 Regions as well as Galar, and this scrapped idea for M20, it's quite obvious at this point to why they've decided to showcase these Pokemon like this this time around.

If feels more like you're clinging to the smallest details to justify the idea that those Pokemon and their owners will appear next year simply because it's something that you want to see happen and not because it's necessarily probable.

If feels more like you're clinging to the smallest details to justify the idea that those Pokemon and their owners will appear next year simply because it's something that you want to see happen and not because it's necessarily probable.
No, it just makes sense compared with the other speculations.

Last edited:
I don't see what makes you think that Alolan Vulpix, Sylveon and Shaymin couldn't belong to new characters. Remember Piplup and Lucario?

Incidentally, the 2014 calendar was pretty misleading. Neither Sylveon nor Eevee appeared that year, while the Kanto starters didn't really stand out (being relegated to that summer camp).

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If Ash and his new companions will travel through Galar and also travel to different Regions, that'll mean Ash will face one Gym one Region...

Year 1
Gym 1: Milo
Region: Kanto
Gym 2: Nessa
Region: Sinnoh

Year 2
Gym 3: Bea/Allister
Region: Alola
Gym 4
Region: Unova
Gym 5
Region: Johto
Gym 6

Year 3
Region: Hoenn
Gym 7
Region: Kalos
Gym 8
Pokemon League

If Ash and his new companions will travel through Galar and also travel to different Regions, that'll mean Ash will face one Gym one Region...

Year 1
Gym 1: Milo
Region: Kanto
Gym 2: Nessa
Region: Sinnoh

Year 2
Gym 3: Bea/Allister
Region: Alola
Gym 4
Region: Unova
Gym 5
Region: Johto
Gym 6

Year 3
Region: Hoenn
Gym 7
Region: Kalos
Gym 8
Pokemon League
I don't know why the Galar League would have Gyms in other regions.

Except it wouldn't make sense for the Galar League to have Gyms in other regions. There are other ways to get the characters to go to the other regions, you know.
Yes, like the Champions Cup, or the Masters League. Since it's basis has a world cup, perhaps it'll be something similar. We'll just have to wait till the 29th

Yes, like the Champions Cup, or the Masters League. Since it's basis has a world cup, perhaps it'll be something similar. We'll just have to wait till the 29th
The Champions Cup is just most likely the anime counterpart of facing the Elite 4 and Champion. Ash will most likely only be able to do it in Alola, which doesn't have one at the moment.

The Champions Cup is just most likely the anime counterpart of facing the Elite 4 and Champion. Ash will most likely only be able to do it in Alola, which doesn't have one at the moment.
If he does become the first Champion of Alola, then he would have the qualifications to compete in the League of Champions, which would probably be an international event.

That doesn't even exist.
Cynthia did mention something about a League of Champions a while back if I heard one remembered correctly? But whatever event, or whatever is going to be in the new series is going to be big.

Even if the new anime is what you may think it is, they might replace the Gym Battles with Dynamaxing, regardless of it being a Galar exclusive.

Cynthia did mention something about a League of Champions a while back if I heard one remembered correctly?
She talked about the Champion's Cup which is just the Elite 4 and Champion challenge. By the way, Bulbapedia says that the Champion's Cup is the Elite 4 and Champion battle.

Last edited:
She talked about the Champion's Cup which is just the Elite 4 and Champion challenge. By the way, Bulbapedia says that the Champion's Cup is the Elite 4 and Champion battle.
Meaning that SwSh will get a E4 that is yet to be revealed. GF has the cards at the moment and boy they know how to play hard. The suspense and tensions killing me.

Here are the past PokeCalendars for reference. I'm trying to look up the previous ones in the meantime.

EDyZeaHWsAIu0Gq

EDyZeaHXkAEcKef

EDyZeaeX4AA9T8U

Nice one! With the 2020 calender one, we may know who will go to Galar region! Let's say Ash's Pikachu is still there and we may say Ash is not going anywhere. In the past calenders, those pokemon represent which human characters will appear in the anime and how story will develop.

Nice one! With the 2020 calender one, we may know who will go to Galar region! Let's say Ash's Pikachu is still there and we may say Ash is not going anywhere. In the past calender, those pokemon represent which human characters will appear in the anime and how story will develop.
Do you really think that they are bring back Serena, Mallow, and Lillie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom