• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well duh, but that's because they barely said anything about this series/saga at all. All that we really got were a couple of sentences telling us that the new series/saga would take place in Galar and all the other regions from the past in turn. But they didn't outright deny that it could be a reboot series, so you can't say that it isn't until we have more facts.
about as much of a reboot as every series after DP

But I don't see why May would have to be the de facto Hoenn representation character. I mean there are tons of Hoenn characters that could appear if Ash goes to Hoenn for a few episodes, maybe even some that have never appeared in the main anime series like Wally, Lisia or Zinnia. And that whole 'they can just get a new voice actress for May' thing doesn't seem plausible to me; if it were that easy to replace KAORI permanently, they would've done that ages ago and had May return with a new voice as recently as XY so she could've been used for extra ORAS promo imo.
I am 99% positive that Ash won't be going to regions for "a few episodes". The anime will no longer coincide with the games, as such the 3 year time limit is gone. There will be full arcs set in each region when the writers see fit. A Hoenn arc might be years down the line. Naturally May will be expected to appear for such an occasion.

I am 99% positive that Ash won't be going to regions for "a few episodes". The anime will no longer coincide with the games, as such the 3 year time limit is gone. There will be full arcs set in each region when the writers see fit. A Hoenn arc might be years down the line. Naturally May will be expected to appear for such an occasion.
The only problem is May's VA is no longer available, and unless they find a new one May will not return.

Misty's original voice actor didn't come back to voice her in SM so why should a voice actor not being available slow down May from reappearing?

I'm pretty pessimistic about what I hear about the new anime series. The direction of both the games and the anime for this upcoming generation of inspiring me to not want to play the games.

Yes. Misty's original VA did come back for SM.

Her post 4Kids actor came back, if not her original 4Kids actor.

But let's be frank, that entire thing was a mess. Honestly if I warped reality and fixed things in the anime, that mess would be among the things fixed.

Her post 4Kids actor came back, if not her original 4Kids actor.

But let's be frank, that entire thing was a mess. Honestly if I warped reality and fixed things in the anime, that mess would be among the things fixed.
As I said earlier, I'm talking about Misty's Japanese VA, which is more relevant to the situation concerning May's VA.

My point was that May will be EXPECTED to appear when Ash returns to Hoenn. If they don't replace her voice actress (and it's fine with me if they don't) they will still acknowledge the fact that she exists. I can see her parents explaining her absence by telling Ash that she traveled to some new region to compete in more contests.

My point was that May will be EXPECTED to appear when Ash returns to Hoenn. If they don't replace her voice actress (and it's fine with me if they don't) they will still acknowledge the fact that she exists. I can see her parents explaining her absence by telling Ash that she traveled to some new region to compete in more contests.

Speaking as a May fan, I'd be pissed if all we got was Max and her parents.

May should appear, having Brock and Misty appear, and Dawn, possibly Cilan since he seems to be the writer's favorite, and Serena/Clemont... but no May? That's not good.

Iris will probably be the Johto rep cause Claire. But I'm still expecting Cilan to appear over her

Speaking as a May fan, I'd be pissed if all we got was Max and her parents.

May should appear, having Brock and Misty appear, and Dawn, possibly Cilan since he seems to be the writer's favorite, and Serena/Clemont... but no May? That's not good.

Iris will probably be the Johto rep cause Claire. But I'm still expecting Cilan to appear over her
I've also similar feelings and hunches to Gen 8 being based in the UK that Gloria would wind up becoming Ash's Female Companion in Galar, having a Grookey for a starter, since Grookey looks to me like it'll be another Piplup, like Fennekin was another Torchic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom