• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of travelling companions, I can honestly see Serena showing up in Galar and becoming part of the main cast again. This is because I don't see Ash going back to Kalos in the near future. I'm thinking the first year or so of the series will focus mostly on Galar and Sinnoh, but if we're going off the calendar Serena is scheduled to appear in 2020. I could be completely off base but it definitely seems possible to me.

As for male companions, from the characters we've seen so far I expect it to be Milo. He's the first gym leader and he seems like he could fill the "responsible but wacky" role of Brock.

I don't see Allister or Bea as the companions because they both feel a bit too archetypal to me, similar to many of the character-of-the-day gym leaders. Although if they did become travelling companions, it would probably be both of them together because they're sort of linked in the way that they're being implemented into the games.

Alola Region on one of the Calendar Pages.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 2.01.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 2.01.26 PM.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 140
Highly doubt that's the Alola region, seems more like a promo for the Water types.
The Background looks a lot like the Alola Region to me tbh. Plus the Calendar Page on that Picture is on July & August which is Summer so that makes sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 3.31.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-13 at 3.31.49 PM.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 117
Fair enough, but you also have to take the SM art style into consideration because that could also be Hoenn, which was a tropical region.
That's fair I guess, I mainly think its Alola, cuz the land has bits and pieces like Islands spread out unlike Hoenn which is more similar to a Traditional Pokemon Region. I don't think the Regions would need to be in their typical artstyle like they debuted when they appear in the New Anime, they could easily be modified.

That's fair I guess, I mainly think its Alola, cuz the land has bits and pieces like Islands spread out unlike Hoenn which is more similar to a Traditional Pokemon Region. I don't think the Regions would need to be in their typical artstyle like they debuted when they appear in the New Anime, they could easily be modified.
Alola, or Hoenn, at least we are on the right track.

Tropical Regions: Hoenn and Alola
Temperate Regions: Kanto, Johto, Unova and Kalos
Cold Regions (Huge mass of snow and mountains): Sinnoh and Galar

On the topic of travelling companions, I can honestly see Serena showing up in Galar and becoming part of the main cast again. This is because I don't see Ash going back to Kalos in the near future. I'm thinking the first year or so of the series will focus mostly on Galar and Sinnoh, but if we're going off the calendar Serena is scheduled to appear in 2020. I could be completely off base but it definitely seems possible to me.

As for male companions, from the characters we've seen so far I expect it to be Milo. He's the first gym leader and he seems like he could fill the "responsible but wacky" role of Brock.

I don't see Allister or Bea as the companions because they both feel a bit too archetypal to me, similar to many of the character-of-the-day gym leaders. Although if they did become travelling companions, it would probably be both of them together because they're sort of linked in the way that they're being implemented into the games.

Last seen, Serena went to Hoenn to compete in the Contests, and furthermore, it wouldn't fit very well to have a Kalos Female Player to represent Galar. No no.... What would probably be is that Ash will journey through Galar with Gloria (With Grookey for a starter) and Milo. Not saying that Serena will not return, only when Ash journeys to Kalos or Hoenn. Might even meet her in Sinnoh.

It might make a complete four of Contest Trainers that are Ash's Companions but will be competing against each other, just like in the Wallace Cup... May, Dawn, Serena and Gloria.

Last edited:
That's gotten me worried that they're doing a slice of life school series again.
I doubt Ash would be patient enough to sit in class while there are Gym badges to win. The only reason he was cooped up in school in Alola is because there didn't exist an Alolan League when he got there. And it would be pretty sad for him to have to go back to school after...

Last edited:
That's gotten me worried that they're doing a slice of life school series again.
It won't. Ash will be travelling again with his new companions through the Galar Region, whilst also travelling to the old Regions. Perhaps because of some big global event, a Champions Event since he will become Champion of Alola, meaning that he’s one step away from becoming a Pokémon Master. Perhaps Gloria is doing the same of becoming a Top Coordinator or something. It remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I love how people here can't stand any mention of an AU even though the title and logo are clearly supposed to make you consider it as an option.

The calendar implies that the first year will be light on new Pokemon. Can the title of this thread be updated already?

Last edited:
If Ash does get a female Gym Leader as a companion, I think that Bea is more likely because her design is easier to draw.

I'm open for both Nessa or Bea. But Bea has in my eyes more potential because she is a total opposite from the usual anime characters. She comes off as cold and very serious and doesn't look like a person you can have fun with. This could lead to some very interesting characterizations with her and Ash since they come off as polar opposites to each other.

I love how people here can't stand any mention of an AU even though the title and logo are clearly supposed to make you consider it as an option.

The calendar implies that the first year will be light on new Pokemon. Can the title of this thread be updated already?
Reason for this is because it doesn't make sense. Why would they revise (when it's not mentioned) the entire series, answering plotholes and erase all that Ash has built up throughout the series? Not only that, but will also be the same characters.

Ash said that becoming Champion is the first step towards becoming a Pokemon Master, and with him becoming just that in Alola, we could see Ash competing in a world championship.

The title will not change until we have clear incite on the 29th. Also, can you please give us a better picture of the calendar you're trying to show us?

Last edited:
They're perfectly good pictures when I view the page, but I'll upload them here.

First of all, rejecting an idea (which is being implied - that logo isn't random or hard to redesign) just because it doesn't fit your view of what's best for the show, isn't very wise. The target audience are not particularly invested in Ash outdoing his Alola victory and going all the way. More to the point, Ash revisiting all the regions would require a myriad of references to get young viewers up to speed, or else those returns would be shallow. With AU Ash, those regions (even Kanto and Johto) would be a clean slate with barely any constraints.

I don't like Movie 20, but I get why they went in that direction and don't see how it couldn't be applied here. Ash could get his story continued in movies instead.

Attachments

• Official+2020+pokemon+calendar_47f40a_7195062.jpg
    Official+2020+pokemon+calendar_47f40a_7195062.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Official+2020+pokemon+calendar_c1412f_7195062.jpg
    Official+2020+pokemon+calendar_c1412f_7195062.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom