• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shrugs

I guess that this thread is pretty pointless until the 29th, anyway. One of the two confirmed things is being called speculation, and any actual speculation is derided if it isn't predictable or fanservicy.

Ah my mistake then. See guys it’s really not difficult to admit you don’t know everything about this show

The Title is confirmed to be "Pocket Monster", that is not a placeholder, wake up into reality and accept it.

Tbh I'm not getting the drama over the name. I still expect it to be a continuation of Ash's story regardless of what it's called unless I'm proven wrong on the 29th.

this might be that time before we found out ash was going to unova they showed cilan and iris before revealing humans some fans worried ash would not appear I think it's like that time
Hope they do a better job than BW. I'm sure they will since all the regions will be present.

this might be that time before we found out ash was going to unova they showed cilan and iris before revealing humans some fans worried ash would not appear I think it's like that time

I don't think the two situations are remotely similar. For starters, I don't get why the reveal of Iris and Cilan before BW!Ash's design was revealed made people think that Ash might leave the show? I mean, we saw Dawn on the first DP saga promo image before DP!Ash's design was shown back in the summer of 2006, so you'd think that people would've realized by the time that BW was coming up that the order in which character designs debut means nothing. Secondly, we actually have a good reason to think that the series might be rebooted or whatever because of the fact that Ash will win the Alola league (and also I guess the series title reverting back to something classic?), which seem like pretty big changes. I'm not saying that Ash will leave because I don't state my opinions as facts, I'm just saying that your example doesn't quite work imo.

Here's a good discussion video surrounding the new series that could help us out with this thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKiVHFlxww

Just realised another reason to why this new series could still be a continuation... Rotom Phone. What is the point of a reboot if Rotomdex will not be in it at all? And as the video stated, each and every two Regions often appear in pairs with each other...

Kanto and Johto
and
Hoenn and Sinnoh

Unova and Kalos

Alola and Galar

I can't even come close to keeping up in this thread anymore, so hopefully I'm not repeating too much other people said, but I was really excited when we saw Pokemon camp in the trailer for the new games. Of course, the anime is super up in the air right now, but if things stay status quo, it would give me a lot of confidence that traveling would come back. The trailer really reminded me of a lot of the camping out we had seen in the anime pre-SM, and I am really excited they are introducing it to the games, because it will give it a more real feel, like the anime has always given us.

Tbh I'm not getting the drama over the name. I still expect it to be a continuation of Ash's story regardless of what it's called unless I'm proven wrong on the 29th.
I mean it really wouldn't hurt to change the name of the Thread like we did with Sun & Moon and especially XY when the title was revealed but hey whatever!

I really do not get why so many people want Serena back. Besides the shipping what else can she over? This girl only got so popular from the beginning because of Shipping and nothing else. Without it, she would be as forgettable of a character as Mallow and Tracy. I really do not want her back. I do not want to spend a whole anime with this character and her fans who praise her for something that never happened, for something that never pushed her as a character.

Do you guys realize that Serena's high popularity is only thanks to a gimmick? The shipping didn't benefit her in any way and was just a way to get the attention of the viewers.

No, I really do not want her back. Just let this boring, one-sided shipping bait stay in the past where it belongs. Don't bring it back!

Last edited:
This girl only got so popular from the beginning because of Shipping and nothing else.
Do you guys realize that the high popularity of this character thanks to a gimmick? The shipping didn't benefit her in any way and was just a way to get the attention of the viewers.
Even though my opinion ranges from meh to neutral on Serena, did you just attempt to speak for a huge fanbase (that you don’t even reasonate with?). I'm pretty sure that not everyone likes Serena for the same reason, and passing of every single one of her fans as someone who likes her for shipping doesn’t rub me the right way.

What is "boring, one-sided shipping bait" for you might be someone else's favourite character of all time and they’re free to want her to return. You can’t really force someone to not want their favourite character to return. They’ve got the right to voice their opinion as much as you do.

Sorry, but this just seemed weirdly elitist to me.

Here's a good discussion video surrounding the new series that could help us out with this thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKiVHFlxww

I refuse to watch 50 minutes of what I'm assuming are the same subjects that we've discussed in this topic for over 150 pages already, but just by looking at the video thumbnail, I'm gonna assume that the person who made the video was trying to push the 'Serena returns' agenda. I'm not interested in how some people want to rationalize that idea all because of a calendar that said people have blown out of proportion, so I'll just co-sign what Tomboyish Mermaid said above since he pretty much summarized how I feel.

Oh, come one. It is obviously that Serena is only (or mostly) so popular because of the shipping. Would anyone really care about her, if she wasn't part of a shipping drama? It is always the same thing with shipping. It rarely ever serves as a meaningful way to tell a story, but rather to get people to watch the show. The best example would be the She-Ra and the Voltron reboot on Netflix. Both baited people with shipping to watch their shows. And with Serena it the same thing for me. She isn't a "deep" character, she isn't a layered one either. She was just a tool.

The worst part on Serena is, that her whole shipping was so one-sided. If Ash would realize very early that she had a crush on him it could have let to better drama and more interesting interactions between the two. But for what it was it was just a more downplayed version of Brock's running gag with the girls.

Oh, come one. It is obviously that Serena is only (or mostly) so popular because of the shipping. Would anyone really care about her, if she wasn't part of a shipping drama? It is always the same thing with shipping. It rarely ever serves as a meaningful way to tell a story, but rather to get people to watch the show. The best example would be the She-Ra and the Voltron reboot on Netflix. Both baited people with shipping to watch their shows. And with Serena it the same thing for me. She isn't a "deep" character, she isn't a layered one either. She was just a tool.

The worst part on Serena is, that her whole shipping was so one-sided. If Ash would realize very early that she had a crush on him it could have let to better drama and more interesting interactions between the two. But for what it was it was just a more downplayed version of Brock's running gag with the girls.
On top of that AmourShipping was doomed to fail from the day one because of Serena being Gen 6 player character's counterpart, there was no way this ship will go anywhere simply from outside-universe reasons.

I liked Serena though but they really went overboard with the shipping.

D3DxyG-XgAErH6r.jpg:small

Serena looks so good with Grookey <3

I liked Serena though but they really went overboard with the shipping.

The Anime of Diamond and Pearl went overboard with Gardenia's love for Grass Type Pokemon. Cacnea Pin Missile her back, chomped by Jame's Carnivine, they clearly weren't holding anything back. In fact, in episodes prior with Cheryl and the Combees, there is that notorious Meowth fantacy that was cut from the Dub.... Less said the better.

D3DxyG-XgAErH6r.jpg:small

Serena looks so good with Grookey <3

Gloria does even more, her dark hair and boots that resembles wood, matching her clothes makes look like a misty woodland

Now that Ash was won, the question is will he remain in Alola as the champion or move on to Galar

Cynthia travelled to Unova to see Caitlin, so I do not see any reason for him to stay in Alola. Naturally he would have to return to defend his title, and with this new series focusing on all the Regions, there's a lot of possibilities to consider..

You seem to notice that SM141 has yet to appear, and it should've scheduled on the 29th. Perhaps they're saving that episode to coincide with the new series, like having a character from Galar appear in Alola, congratulating what Ash has done with being Champion and stopping the Guzzlords, and was rewarded by giving him his endorsement.

Last edited:
You seem to notice that SM141 has yet to appear, and it should've scheduled on the 29th. Perhaps they're saving that episode to coincide with the new series, like having a character from Galar appear in Alola, congratulating what Ash has done with being Champion and stopping the Guzzlords, and was rewarded by giving him his endorsement.
Lol, I had the exact same thought about SM141 being a spoiler for the September 29th reveal.

I wonder if
Sirfech'd
on the SwSh website will make it's debut on that episode, belonging to that Galarian character. It'll be similar to the introduction of Gary's Electivire in the last Advance episode before DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom