• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still, it would require an extensive amount of modeling work and would take effort away from creating brand new characters. I don't think that the PWT is ever coming back unless GF decides to revert back to using sprites.
I wouldn't be that doubtful too soon. They haven't revealed too much as of yet for SwSh. What makes you say they don't have something unexpected up their sleeves?

It's just that some of these ideas are so heavy on pleasing older fans that they aren't likely, especially considering that we are not the target audience and as a result they don't care about us.
It's about bringing all Generations together. All those that have watched OS, AG, DP, BW, XY and SM. It worked when Misty, Brock and Kanto were in SM by bringing back some of the OS fans (especially when LGPE came out), and it would surely work for this next anime series. It'll be a nice tribute to the series existence.

It's about bringing all Generations together. All those that have watched OS, AG, DP, BW, XY and SM. It worked when Misty, Brock and Kanto were in SM by bringing back some of the OS fans (especially when LGPE came out), and it would surely work for this next anime series. It'll be a nice tribute to the series existence.
Except the odds are just as good that they would reset everything and start all over again.

Except the odds are just as good that they would reset everything and start all over again.
No they won't.

As of yet, SM141 has not been revealed on the list of SM episodes, and 29th September is when it will air, same day as the reveal for the new series. And with this pixel Pokemon appearing on the SwSh website, perhaps that's the episode where it would debut, along with Galar to the SM anime. It would be owned by someone who came from the Galar Region, and would probably give Ash his endorsement.

Last edited:
I think that most of the ideas here are too filled with fanservice.

Yes. I mean some might argue that it's just speculation, but I try to keep my expectations realistic instead of predicting that all kinds of unreasonable things will happen, because 9 times out of 10 whenever I'd go overboard in the past and state what I wanted to see happen in this anime instead of what would likely happen, I ended up being horribly wrong. So I've learned my lesson.

I have nothing against Ash, but if him being kicked off means that we can get characters with consistent characterisation and development, I'm all for it. I've always thought the biggest drawback of the anime was the soft-resetting of Ash & his companions each generation.

remember when goten was created to replace goku and have govan take command? well I feel that even though ash won fans wouldn't want him to go until he becomes a pokemon master

remember when goten was created to replace goku and have govan take command? well I feel that even though ash won fans wouldn't want him to go until he becomes a pokemon master
Look at Star Wars for example. Fans hated George Lucus's edits and wished for him gone. Now they are begging for him back after what Disney has done to the franchise.

so you think that ash will continue his journey even as a champion because wining a league is one step to becoming a pokemon master
Correction, League Conference.

And the goal of Pokemon Mastery itself is ambiguous. Even after becoming an actual regional champion (like Cynthia, Alder) it'll somewhat feel incomplete to someone like Ash. I think it's pretty much synonymous to wanting to learn everything about Pokemon and the world.

Correction, League Conference.

And the goal of Pokemon Mastery itself is ambiguous. Even after becoming an actual regional champion (like Cynthia, Alder) it'll somewhat feel incomplete to someone like Ash. I think it's pretty much synonymous to wanting to learn everything about Pokemon and the world.
Perhaps in the new anime, he would gain respectful inspiration to Leon of how to be a proper Champion to everyone around him. Perhaps even from the other Champions, especially Cynthia when he next meet them.

Perhaps in the new anime, he would gain respectful inspiration to Leon of how to be a proper Champion to everyone around him. Perhaps even from the other Champions, especially Cynthia when he next meet them.
There's no guarantee that Ash will even keep his Champion title after Sun & Moon.

Satoshi, who won for the first time, will not end the path to the Pokémon Master. When listening to what Matsumoto himself has been playing for Satoshi for more than 20 years, he immediately responded that he was not acting. “To be easy to understand, it means“ do not lie ”. Acting is a lie, but not lie is thought to create realism and empathy for viewers. But I can't deceive myself with a lie, so I already feel a painful feeling. The place of "and" the actor theory.

And “Satoshi is a character in my ideal standing position in that sense, and even if I spend my time in my private life, I ’m told“ Satoshi! ”Let me meet my vision for over 20 years. I thank him for helping me, "he said with embarrassment and thanked me for the encounter with Pokémon. This prove ash might go to galar due to the article below
サトシ役・松本梨香、22年間役作りなし“永遠の10歳”貫く 目指すは「演じない演技」

Satoshi, who won for the first time, will not end the path to the Pokémon Master. When listening to what Matsumoto himself has been playing for Satoshi for more than 20 years, he immediately responded that he was not acting. “To be easy to understand, it means“ do not lie ”. Acting is a lie, but not lie is thought to create realism and empathy for viewers. But I can't deceive myself with a lie, so I already feel a painful feeling. The place of "and" the actor theory.

And “Satoshi is a character in my ideal standing position in that sense, and even if I spend my time in my private life, I ’m told“ Satoshi! ”Let me meet my vision for over 20 years. I thank him for helping me, "he said with embarrassment and thanked me for the encounter with Pokémon. This prove ash might go to galar due to the article below
You're using the wrong gender pronouns to refer to Rica Matsumoto.

Good catch. I honestly doubt they'll dump Matsumoto considering how iconic she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom