• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satoshi, who won for the first time, will not end the path to the Pokémon Master. When listening to what Matsumoto himself has been playing for Satoshi for more than 20 years, he immediately responded that he was not acting. “To be easy to understand, it means“ do not lie ”. Acting is a lie, but not lie is thought to create realism and empathy for viewers. But I can't deceive myself with a lie, so I already feel a painful feeling. The place of "and" the actor theory.

And “Satoshi is a character in my ideal standing position in that sense, and even if I spend my time in my private life, I ’m told“ Satoshi! ”Let me meet my vision for over 20 years. I thank him for helping me, "he said with embarrassment and thanked me for the encounter with Pokémon. This prove ash might go to galar due to the article below
サトシ役・松本梨香、22年間役作りなし“永遠の10歳”貫く 目指すは「演じない演技」
That's a pretty iffy auto-translate. I hope someone does translate it though because it seems like an interesting read.

use google translate
Google Translate sucks. You get abominations like this from GTranslate.

DIWefxHXgAAYcAD

Well, given that it's now quite likely that Ash won't be replaced, who else thinks that someone from Galar will see his win at the Alola League - or perhaps his battle against Kukui - and sponsor him for the Galar League based on that? Sounds like an interesting concept to me.

Yes, but what you have been suggesting is a bit overboard and boards on fan-fiction like.
Nothing to do with Fanservice, this what I'm saying is actually more to do with what will likely be the case for the new anime series since it will have all the Regions in it.

What!

Would it have been better not to have all the Regions in it and have instead just Ash travelling to the Galar Region? Or have it AU Ash restart and do a Generations style anime from scratch? Or have no Ash at all?

Because it sounds to me like what the Anime tweet says is more than just a cruel tease of a joke.

Last edited:
I just had a thought. With the the series going back to the name "Pocket Monsters" it suggests a pretty dramatic change. Perhaps we're thinking a little too small. One of the things everyone (including myself) have been fearing is that the series might try to cram 8 generations worth of adventures into a single 3-year series, but I don't that's going to be the case. The Sword and Shield anime isn't just being renamed to "Pocket Monsters". I think the series is finally breaking away from the 3-year format. This new series will be ongoing, even as new Pokemon games come out, but It won't directly focus on any single generation. A better way to put it is that it CAN take place in any region, but they won't be shoved in your face for the sake of it.

Going by this post, you could be right: NEWS: - New Pokemon Anime Announcement! "All regions" that have appeared up until now and from hereafter will take the stage!
The show might be called simply Pocket Monsters from now on instead of using generational names. I'm sure TPC will still want them to emphasize the current generation, but hopefully with more leeway to include other gens. If they don't pull some reboot nonsense this sounds like a positive approach.

Going by this post, you could be right: NEWS: - New Pokemon Anime Announcement! "All regions" that have appeared up until now and from hereafter will take the stage!
The show might be called simply Pocket Monsters from now on instead of using generational names. I'm sure TPC will still want them to emphasize the current generation, but hopefully with more leeway to include other gens. If they don't pull some reboot nonsense this sounds like a positive approach.
From the Anime's Twitter page, it said that although Galar will be the stage for the anime, it will also be set in the other past Regions, meaning that Galar will be the main focus, but will also consist of travel to older Regions throughout the journey.

Satoshi, who won for the first time, will not end the path to the Pokémon Master. When listening to what Matsumoto himself has been playing for Satoshi for more than 20 years, he immediately responded that he was not acting. “To be easy to understand, it means“ do not lie ”. Acting is a lie, but not lie is thought to create realism and empathy for viewers. But I can't deceive myself with a lie, so I already feel a painful feeling. The place of "and" the actor theory.

And “Satoshi is a character in my ideal standing position in that sense, and even if I spend my time in my private life, I ’m told“ Satoshi! ”Let me meet my vision for over 20 years. I thank him for helping me, "he said with embarrassment and thanked me for the encounter with Pokémon. This prove ash might go to galar due to the article below
サトシ役・松本梨香、22年間役作りなし“永遠の10歳”貫く 目指すは「演じない演技」

I think you should wait for a translation that's actually accurate, because this one is all kinds of weird; I mean, when did Rica transition into a man?

I think the 'he' part was referring to Satoshi.

Obviously. I was just pointing out that the Google translate version of the interview that was posted before was translated in a way that refers to Rica using male pronouns, which just shows how inaccurate it is.

I'm just saying that I'll wait for Adamant or someone who knows what they're doing to translate that interview before I comment too deeply about the implications for the anime's future based on Rica's comments. Also I'm just stunned that this interview exists at all; Ash winning doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but I guess it made the news in Japan?

It also made news in the US apparently:

View: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1173340742418407432?s=20

And I agree we should wait for a good translation of her words. Though if the theory about it being a M20-esque reboot is true she would technically still be playing Satoshi, even if it's a different one.

It also made news in the US apparently:

View: https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1173340742418407432?s=20

And I agree we should wait for a good translation of her words. Though if the theory about it being a M20-esque reboot is true she would technically still be playing Satoshi, even if it's a different one.

SM141 still haven't been dropped, and that's on the same day as the new anime's reveal. So it's more than likely they're keeping the info back just so not to give away the title, which could be related to Galar.

SM141 still haven't been dropped, and that's on the same day as the new anime's reveal. So it's more than likely they're keeping the info back just so not to give away the title, which could be related to Galar.
That title could also not be given out out of fear that it would spoil the winner of the Alolan League.

That title could also not be given out out of fear that it would spoil the winner of the Alolan League.
We'll see. Though it is still a possibility. Especially with the pixelated new Pokemon that appeared on the SwSh website.

Last edited:

Yes I know, I have no idea what that has to do with what I said though.

Nothing to do with Fanservice, this what I'm saying is actually more to do with what will likely be the case for the new anime series since it will have all the Regions in it.

What!

Would it have been better not to have all the Regions in it and have instead just Ash travelling to the Galar Region? Or have it AU Ash restart and do a Generations style anime from scratch? Or have no Ash at all?

Because it sounds to me like what the Anime tweet says is more than just a cruel tease of a joke.

What?

What you are suggesting is basically fan service. Old characters returning to please older fans is text book fan service. Also stop saying "this is the likely case for the new anime" since there is no indiction of them doing this.

What?

What you are suggesting is basically fan service. Old characters returning to please older fans is text book fan service. Also stop saying "this is the likely case for the new anime" since there is no indiction of them doing this.
What ''indiction'' are you talking about? What are you expecting from the other Regions anyway?

If you ask me... It's Fan Service to have Ash win a Pokemon League. It's Fan Service to have Ash replaced. It's Fan Service to want the entire series to be just like Origins/Generations or even having AU Ash.

You see? This ''Fan Service'' thing can go either way on the spectrum of any argument. I don't pretty much care about returning old faces. I'm just speculating of what the new series could be based on the clues that were dug up recently. Need I have to repeat myself? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom