• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash is staying. Read Sarah Natochenny's tweet.

"The fact that Ash Ketchum is the #1 trending item right now is the most amazing thing that's happened in my 13 years playing him on the show. We've grown so much together (grown, not aged ;), and I can't wait to see where #pokemontheseries takes us next!! #voiceofash #NDA"

Anime Series Speculations...

• Reboot Origins/Generations Style Anime
  • AU Ash and restart from Kanto
  • Continuation from Sun and Moon to Galar
We can simply cross that option out if Ash is staying in the anime series. Similar to the Japanese VA's quotes (If we properly translate it.) No doubt his adventure will continue from SM to SwSh, which will be more than likely.

Last edited:
I'm both surprised and not surprised that people really think that Ash could be replaced after winning the Alola League. On one hand, plenty of fans have wanted Ash to be replaced for ages and since he hasn't won a game related region League before hand, a lot of fans think that winning a League means that Ash has accomplished his goal or that they can't go anywhere further with his character. But on the other hand, I just really can't think of why the creative staff would want to get rid of Ash after twenty two years. I'm just not sure what they'd gain from a financial perspective by removing a recognizable and marketable lead character. Twitter pretty much exploded with even major sites reporting on Ash's victory. Granted, the chances of Ash being replaced are pretty low at best after seeing Sarah's tweet, but I was thinking about this with some of the reactions to his victory.

I'm both surprised and not surprised that people really think that Ash could be replaced after winning the Alola League. On one hand, plenty of fans have wanted Ash to be replaced for ages and since he hasn't won a game related region League before hand, a lot of fans think that winning a League means that Ash has accomplished his goal or that they can't go anywhere further with his character. But on the other hand, I just really can't think of why the creative staff would want to get rid of Ash after twenty two years. I'm just not sure what they'd gain from a financial perspective by removing a recognizable and marketable lead character. Twitter pretty much exploded with even major sites reporting on Ash's victory. Granted, the chances of Ash being replaced are pretty low at best after seeing Sarah's tweet, but I was thinking about this with some of the reactions to his victory.
Fans mostly and often forget or ignore the fact that Ash once stated :- ''That becoming Champion is just one step away from becoming a Pokemon Master.''

So even with that Alolan victory, he has still a long way to go. Now with the Champions goal being reached (even though it is the first Official League to the Alola Region), more opportunities has opened up before him. It could be that the next series would be Ash demonstrating his new skills as Champion towards not only the Galar League, but also towards the other Champions in a World Cup-like Champions Tournament. Including the likes of Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha... and now the yet to be revealed, Leon. The Big Six...

The possibilities from here on out for the new series is as endless as Team Rocket's stairway to stardom...

Last edited:
FTFY, there's no sense in a reboot or reset going into Galar. Things should only be uphill from this point onwards.
Good thinking, thank you for reminding me.

Question... Can anyone come up with a better name to describe the six Champions that Ash now has to face in the new series? (Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha and Leon) I called them The Big Six, but I'm sure you would come up with a better title for them?

Looking good. Though might be a combination of both SM and XY in animation, but until 29th, this is what's likely to speculate.

Have already guessed Grookey belonging to Gloria, whilst Scorbunny and Sobble belong to Ash.

May and Serena both wore red, suited for their Fire Starters (Torchic and Fennekin).

Dawn has blue hair, suited for a Water Starter (Piplup)

Gloria wore a Green Tam O' Shanter and socks with dark brown boots, bag and hair, suited for a Grass Starter (Grookey)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some predictions to what the next few episodes could provide for us...

22nd Sep: SM140: Ash and everyone team up together and are able to save Alola from the Guzzlords.

29th Sep: SM141: Ash meets someone from the Galar Region with a Galar Pokemon Sirfech'd who will invite him to come to the Region and be part of something big now that he has become the Champion of Alola.

6th Oct: SM142: Ash finally battles the Masked Royal

13th Oct: SM143: The Graduation of the School with Ash having to say goodbye to his friends before returning to Pallet Town in Kanto. (Memorable tribute will be showcased on his journey home.)

20th Oct: SM144: Ash prepares and begins his new journey towards the Galar Region.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------3 Week Hiatus-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Nov: PM001-PM002: Ash arrives in Galar and meets up with Gloria, a new Trainer starting her Pokemon journey with her new starter Pokemon, Grookey. And will be introduced with some early characters, such as Professor Magnolia and Sonia (and perhaps Champion Leon, Bede, Marnie with Team Yell, and of course Team Rocket).

Last edited:
Looking good. Though might be a combination of both SM and XY in animation, but until 29th, this is what's likely to speculate.

Have already guessed Grookey belonging to Gloria, whilst Scorbunny and Sobble belong to Ash.

May and Serena both wore red, suited for their Fire Starters (Torchic and Fennekin).

Dawn had blue hair, suited for a Water Starter (Piplup)

Gloria wore a Green Tam O' Shanter and socks with dark brown boots, bag and hair, suited for a Grass Starter (Grookey)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22nd Sep: SM140: Ash and everyone team up together and are able to save Alola from the Guzzlords.

29th Sep: SM141: Ash meets someone from the Galar Region with a Galar Pokemon Sirfech'd who will invite him to come to the Region and be part of something big now that he has become the Champion of Alola.

13th Oct: SM143: The Graduation of the School with Ash having to say goodbye to his friends before returning to Pallet Town in Kanto. (Memorable tribute will be showcased on his journey home.)

20th Oct: SM144: Ash prepares and begins his new journey towards the Galar Region.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------3 Week Hiatus-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Nov: PM001-PM002: Ash arrives in Galar and meets up with Gloria, a new Trainer starting her Pokemon journey with her new starter Pokemon, Grookey. And will be introduced with some early characters, such as Professor Magnolia and Sonia (and perhaps Champion Leon, Bede, Marnie with Team Yell, and of course Team Rocket).

very good prediction! May this prediction comes true! Also there will be 2 Guzzlords attacking Alola together according to the preview for this Sunday (Sept 22), one is Shiny and one is normal. And I saw the Bewear with stufful is about to fight against a normal Guzzlord. so excited about this! I hope Ash is going to Galar anyway when he meets someone from Galar (just like he met Alexa from Kalos in BW, he started knowing about Kalos via her!)

Regarding SM141, whose title is still TBA, that means something very big happening in next 2 weeks! And surprise us.

very good prediction! May this prediction comes true! Also there will be 2 Guzzlords attacking Alola together according to the previous for this Sunday (Sept 22), one is Shiny and one is normal. And I saw Bewear is about to fight against a normal Guzzlord. so excited about this! I hope Ash is going to Galar anyway when he meets someone from Galar (just like he met Alexa from Kalos in BW, he started knowing about Kalos via her!)
I did have an 's' at the end of Guzzlords, don't you worry.

Also, there's no doubt that someone from Galar will appear on the 29th episode since the episode has not been shown nor revealed on the SM episode list, plus it's on the exact same day as the trailer for the new series.

Perhaps the person who would meet Ash would be Sonia.

I did have an 's' at the end of Guzzlords, don't you worry.

Also, there's no doubt that someone from Galar will appear on the 29th episode since the episode has not been shown nor revealed on the SM episode list, plus it's on the exact same day as the trailer for the new series.

And According to the Pokemon 2020 calendar cover, Ash's Pikachu, Sylveon (presumably Serena's), Alolan Vulpix (presumably Lillie's), Shaymin (presumably Mallow's) and the 3 starters of Galar appear. Let's say Ash is going to Galar anyway as he needs to train and explore more in order to become Pokemon Master. One official league win is not enough (even if he also is a champion of Orange League and Battle Frontier). When He meets someone from Galar, he and Pikachu will travel for sure. And also TRios will come after Ash's Pikachu too!

Can't wait for Sept 29!

And According to the Pokemon 2020 calendar cover, Ash's Pikachu, Sylveon (presumably Serena's), Alolan Vulpix (presumably Lillie's), Shaymin (presumably Mallow's) and the 3 starters of Galar appear. Let's say Ash is going to Galar anyway as he needs to train and explore more in order to become Pokemon Master. One official league win is not enough (even if he also is a champion of Orange League and Battle Frontier). When He meets someone from Galar, he and Pikachu will travel for sure. And also TRios will come after Ash's Pikachu too!

Can't wait for Sept 29!
This person who would meet Ash would probably be Sonia.

And since the new anime would also showcase all the Regions, perhaps Ash would be competing in some World Cup Champions Tournament against all the other Champions. Also the starters, you can tell which is who's. Scorbunny and Sobble being Ash's (Though Sobble could belong to someone else at first), whilst Grookey being Gloria's, since it's with the girl's Pokemon.

Here's a problem I just thought off, imagine Ash takes part in the Galar league but ends up losing

That would be quite a come down from winning the Alola league
I'm sure Ash will also be competing in something else since all the regions will be present for this anime.

But if he loses in Galar, then that shows how tough these already established big league are compared to Alola which is only starting out.

I'm unsure with Ash been replaced. On the one hand, it could bring in a breath of fresh air, but on the other hand, he is at this point just a way to established element of the anime. An anime without him would a be like The Simpsons without the Simpsons.

Last edited:
I'm unsure with Ash been replaced. On the one hand, it could bring in a breath of fresh air, but one the other hand is he at this point just way to established element of the anime. An anime without him would a be like The Simpsons with out the Simpsons.

Hard to say..but the calendar (2020) features that Ash's Pikachu....just like Calender 2017....You are right, Pokemon anime without Ash may blow lots of hardcore and long-term fans away!

Dawn has blue hair, suited for a Water Starter (Piplup)

Nice prediction, though I'd make one small edit. There's enough space for a SM145 release that can be the Galar/Future journey focus whereas SM144 can be him at home bonding and training with all his older mons (maybe even see a surprise evolution?). We need at least one episode of his home/Oak's ranch life which we last saw before the BF arc. Even with that extra episode, there's the regular 2 week gap till the next series' first episode.

Nice prediction, though I'd make one small edit. There's enough space for a SM145 release that can be the Galar/Future journey focus whereas SM144 can be him at home bonding and training with all his older mons (maybe even see a surprise evolution?). We need at least one episode of his home/Oak's ranch life which we last saw before the BF arc. Even with that extra episode, there's the regular 2 week gap till the next series' first episode.
Was there something similar between BW and XY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom