• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
Ash still had to face Mask Royal before officially becoming Alola's Champion.
Looking good. Though might be a combination of both SM and XY in animation, but until 29th, this is what's likely to speculate.

Have already guessed Grookey belonging to Gloria, whilst Scorbunny and Sobble belong to Ash.

May and Serena both wore red, suited for their Fire Starters (Torchic and Fennekin).

Dawn has blue hair, suited for a Water Starter (Piplup)

Gloria wore a Green Tam O' Shanter and socks with dark brown boots, bag and hair, suited for a Grass Starter (Grookey)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some predictions to what the next few episodes could provide for us...

22nd Sep: SM140: Ash and everyone team up together and are able to save Alola from the Guzzlords.

29th Sep: SM141: Ash meets someone from the Galar Region with a Galar Pokemon Sirfech'd who will invite him to come to the Region and be part of something big now that he has become the Champion of Alola.

6th Oct: SM142: Ash finally battles the Masked Royal

13th Oct: SM143: The Graduation of the School with Ash having to say goodbye to his friends before returning to Pallet Town in Kanto. (Memorable tribute will be showcased on his journey home.)

20th Oct: SM144: Ash prepares and begins his new journey towards the Galar Region.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------3 Week Hiatus-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Nov: PM001-PM002: Ash arrives in Galar and meets up with Gloria, a new Trainer starting her Pokemon journey with her new starter Pokemon, Grookey. And will be introduced with some early characters, such as Professor Magnolia and Sonia (and perhaps Champion Leon, Bede, Marnie with Team Yell, and of course Team Rocket).
YES!!!! It's back to an artstyle that I Like; MUCH Less Cartoony One-Piece like in Alola; MUCH MORE Like the more mainline artstyle of Pokemon the Series: XY, & Pokemon the Movie: I Choose you; Bye Bye Alola Artstyle, hello Return to XYZ Artstyle!!! WOO HOO!!!

Ash still had to face Mask Royal before officially becoming Alola's Champion.
No he doesn't. That's an exhibition/unofficial match that has no impact on his League Conference Champion status.
YES!!!! It's back to an artstyle that I Like; MUCH Less Cartoony One-Piece like in Alola; MUCH MORE Like the more mainline artstyle of Pokemon the Series: XY, & Pokemon the Movie: I Choose you; Bye Bye Alola Artstyle, hello Return to XYZ Artstyle!!! WOO HOO!!!
cringe

I would also like a XY esc art direction return (Go away action lines!), even if I would be happy with a meeting point between XY and SM art styles.

I would also like a XY esc art direction return (Go away action lines!), even if I would be happy with a meeting point between XY and SM art styles.
Makes sense in a way, since SM is suppose to be like a Vacation-based series. This new series will be like picking up where everything left off from XY.

It's highly doubtful at this point that the new anime would be something like the AU Ash in the movies, or a restart from Kanto and from scratch. But instead with the Galar starters anime art, would first of all start the journey in Galar.

Last edited:
Fans mostly and often forget or ignore the fact that Ash once stated :- ''That becoming Champion is just one step away from becoming a Pokemon Master.''

So even with that Alolan victory, he has still a long way to go. Now with the Champions goal being reached (even though it is the first Official League to the Alola Region), more opportunities has opened up before him. It could be that the next series would be Ash demonstrating his new skills as Champion towards not only the Galar League, but also towards the other Champions in a World Cup-like Champions Tournament. Including the likes of Lance, Steven Stone, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha... and now the yet to be revealed, Leon. The Big Six...

The possibilities from here on out for the new series is as endless as Team Rocket's stairway to stardom...

But what about Ritchie. Tobias, Harrison, Virgil, and Alain??

Attachments

• 20190916_193047.jpg
    20190916_193047.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 29

Bing Tanslation:
''The popular anime "Pokemon Sun- Moon" which is being broadcast on TV Tokyo series The Champion of Arora!! Every Sunday after 6:00, the main character, Satoshi, won the First Pokemon League title in 22 years through a series that began in 1997. Before the broadcast, ORICON NEWS interviewed Rika Matsumoto, the voice actor who plays Satoshi. "I've never played a role for Satoshi," "I've never been a 10-year-old forever," "My goal is not to perform.

Satoshi talked about his feelings for Satoshi, who has been performing for 22 years, such as "The Character of the Position I Ideally."

【Photos】View 16 photos of this article The anime "Pokemon" began in 1997. Satoshi, the main character who grew up in Masala Town, travels with his partner Pikachu to become a Pokémon Master.

He was also the runner-up in the Pokémon Xy-Z Caros League Miare tournament, although he has been challenged in the Pokémon League tournament in each region. In the previous work, "Satoshigekoga", which obtains overwhelming power by synchronising with the heart of Satoshi, appeared, among the fans "Finally win the championship!?

It was not possible to win the championship though the voice of the expectation went up. Because i had never won a championship in a year, I was able to say, "Satoshi can't win for the rest of his life. I thought," he laughed, and when he was informed that he would win his first championship three weeks before the recording, he said, "When I was told, I was more surprised than happy to hear about it. The moment Satoshi in the anime was decided to win the championship, he said, "I've won or not. It seemed not to realize the victory with a maze of surprise.

I feel the same way as him, and I think everything is all about that word." When I appeared at "Anime JAM 2018", an event that was held at the end of last year, which was a collection of anime works of TV Tokyo, I said, "I'm 10 years old, just like Satoshi. I'm going to be a Pokemon master. It's been 21 years. Life isn't that bad!

He was performing "Aimed Pokemon Master", which became a famous game of Pokemon at the opening of the first series. At first glance, it looks like a service talk i said to liven up the venue, but he says it has a deep meaning. "When the series started, the children who were in elementary school are now adults and have families. In the midst of all the hard and bad things, when I turned on the TV, I watched "Pokemon", which is still being broadcast, and i was like, 'Oh, I'm still broadcasting Pokemon.' Satoshi, I'm still aiming for the Pokemon Master!

"I'm going to chase my dream, too," and I'd be happy if they could come together and move forward through Satoshi. He continued, "Of course, it's not a rerun, so unlike the series I was watching at the time, the content has changed as a new series, but the fundamentals of Satoshi's own humanity have not changed.

As an eternal 10-year-old, I continue to be a place where I can come back with peace of mind at any time so that I don't change." "I think this first victory is very meaningful. I've been working with my teammates until now, but i can't win the championship, and i think there were some parts where i couldn't be rewarded even if I tried. Because we couldn't win the championship for more than 20 years, some of you would have expected from the beginning that you wouldn't win again.

It was good that i was able to prove that my efforts paid off." As a result, the anime "Pokemon" series that has been going on for more than 20 years. Every time it becomes a new series, it breaks up with the Pokémon that i brought up until now, and satoshi goes on a journey with a new Pokemon, but as a performer, it seems that he is struggling to redo what he has cultivated over the years, such as his relationship with Pokémon. "I've never felt difficult since I played Satoshi. I think it's because I express myself," he explained, "and i think that satoshi's actions and ideas from the early days of the series have been similar to mine, and i think that it has been a long time since I have been performing in a natural way without displaying it strangely.

That's a testament to 20 years." He plays the role of Satoshi as it is, but he says he has something to gain, and he says, "What I've gained in the last year is a sense of responsibility. Thankfully, it has been recognized as the main character of Pokémon, Satoshi,, so even rika Matsumoto, the original, the use of words and remarks on social media have become more aware that the characters she has played will not be destroyed and not bothered. I've been growing up naturally from Satoshi, so when i hear about him, I'm like, "Oh,!"

It feels like I'm being told that I'm a voice actor, and it's all about being able to meet a character who's so loving." Satoshi has been playing a great game in a number of Pokemon battles. The most favorite is the Battle of Goukaru vs. Electric against Diamond Pearl's rival Shinji. This is the evolution system of the hicozar → moucasal that Satoshi uses, and there is a past thrown away in the Hicozar age because it was weak though it was originally a Pokemon of Shinji.

It is one of the most popular scenes among fans, with Satoshi picking up his hicozar and evolving to goukazar to win against Shinji in the Quarter-Finals of the Pokemon League. "Once discarded Pokémon look back at the other party. I like dramas like this. I myself cannot allow the strong to bully the weak. It is the same as Satoshi, and i might have become satoshi from the elementary school when looking back now when it is not possible to leave the person who is embarrassed when it is helped when it is small, and it is like lying like the parents. So, i can tell that the story also takes satoshi's feelings in his hand.

I can be convinced that the action is, and i have been able to continue it in a natural way for a long time." Satoshi won his first championship, but his path to becoming a Pokemon master is not over. When matsumoto himself, who has been playing the role of Satoshi for more than a year, asked what he was aiming for, he immediately replied that he would not perform. "To put it plainly, it's not a lie. Acting is a lie, but I think that not telling a lie gives reality and empathy to the viewer. You can lie to others and deceive them, but you can't fool yourself for lying, so you're already feeling bad.

I think it's the easiest thing to do as an actor, so it's the ultimate place I should aim for." "Satoshi is a character in a position that I ideally like, and even if i spend my time normally in my private life, I'm satoshi. It is said. I'm grateful to him for letting me see what I've been aiming for for over 20 years," he said, thanking me for meeting Pokémon by showing me the cover of a monster ball smartphone.''

This is something interesting that a Japanese Fan wrote. He made some good points.

View: https://twitter.com/snowdrop0319/status/1173589934189318144?s=19

''A little about Satoshi's future position as a "hero". Well, the Arora League ended with satoshi's victory, but i think satoshi will leave the team after the general manager is going to be worried about it.

It is a thing.
I'd like to touch on that a little bit this time.

Let's continue.

Now, from the conclusion, it may be detached from the main character, but I think that existence itself will continue to remain.
First of all, why i'm leaving the main character, but this is simply because Satoshi is too versatile, and the story about satoshi as the basis of it has come out.
This part came out mainly in both series of Anipoke XY, SM, the former is a character that is fully adult-related and reliable, the latter has become childish, but the constitution to pull around still does not change, and has until the victory. What do you draw after that?
As a hero, I think that the limit is coming soon. Then, it is thought that it is good to reset it, but what happened when it begun?

That's not BW... Then, what happens to a complete detachment?
It can be said that it is already impossible in the paste of the series for this though it becomes a story.

If it had changed the main character around the gold and silver hen, it might have been able to make a good thing in other parts, but when it comes to serving as a hero for 22 years now, it is the current situation that satoshi complete detachment is not realistic in the middle.
In that case, as I wrote before, i don't particularly aim for the league championship, just travel around the country to interact with Pokemon. In the first place, I moved to Arora because I wanted to know more about Arora, and i didn't want to win the league.
(Because the main purpose is not to go around the island in any case.)
If satoshi of kimi-kiki route that continues the exchange of Pokemon without having a purpose in the first place is added there, it is a story that the story consists even if it is not a hero separately well.

Leaving the immature point to other protagonist characters, Satoshi is not good if various travels aiming at Pokemon master.
Recently, I've come to think that Pokemon Master is probably able to look objectively when he dies and become a legend. When he died, there is a little bit of a word, but when he is alive and he thinks that this person is amazing, such as pokemon exchange, when there is a sense that the feeling is "gone", the moment that became "That person was a legendary person",
It is a story that it might be able to be called Pokemon master.

In other words, satoshi's inquisition will continue to be so long, that will continue to chase Pokemon as a mere passing point of winning the league until death, it is my own way of thinking about satoshi's standing position.
So I'd like to end this article while looking forward to the point of what kind of action Satoshi who went down from the position of the main character to the position of regular character as a delusion. Well, I think you'll listen to about half the story because it's just an individual idea.''

But what about Ritchie. Tobias, Harrison, Virgil, and Alain??
They'll be in it too I should think, along with others that have won the Leagues. The Big Six, I think are more of the higher ups competing.

Scorbunny looks so cute. I really hope Gloria will be in the new series and get this cutie. :bulbaLove:
Grookey seems more suiting to Gloria's green and dark brown, like Piplup with Dawn's blue, Fennekin and Torchic with Serena and May's red.

Scorbunny looks so cute. I really hope Gloria will be in the new series and get this cutie. :bulbaLove:
Certainly looks A LOT more promising than the Corocoro Leak of the Sun & Moon Anime before it ever began. . . that's what got me uninterested in the anime(I ****ing HATED That Artstyle, and still feel the exact same amount of contempt for it, as I Did when that Picture was Leaked from Corocoro); This might just bring me back!!

How did I not see this before?

Well, it looks like XY style artwork with the sharper and more vivid/vibrant designs.
Hope the animation is XY-esque as well, I was getting sick of the choppy framerates of SM as well as the jelly movements and the stock background/action lines.
Me, too; I also hope Ash looks MUCH less like his Eiichiro Oda-esque Alola Design!! P.S. Eiichiro Oda is the Creator of One Piece. . .

I know it can't technically be ruled out just yet, but I just don't see why they would choose to go with AU Ash after the "real" Ash actually won a league. I've thought from the beginning that would be a waste, but even more so now. It's foolish to think him winning a league means there's nothing more for him to do or more ways for him to grow as a character. If anything, it just opens up even more possibilities that weren't there before. Starting over from scratch with the exact same character and ignoring all of that development plus new opportunities for development honestly feels more out of place than introducing an entirely new character.

I was also surprised by how much attention yesterday's episode got. Even CNN tweeted out an article about Ash winning the league. It was really nice to see how many people are still big fans of Ash and were so excited about it. That just kind of further turned me away from the whole AU Ash concept - why use what is essentially a shell of the same character who people from across multiple generations have followed and have a connection to?

I know it can't technically be ruled out just yet, but I just don't see why they would choose to go with AU Ash after the "real" Ash actually won a league. I've thought from the beginning that would be a waste, but even more so now. It's foolish to think him winning a league means there's nothing more for him to do or more ways for him to grow as a character. If anything, it just opens up even more possibilities that weren't there before. Starting over from scratch with the exact same character and ignoring all of that development plus new opportunities for development honestly feels more out of place than introducing an entirely new character.

I was also surprised by how much attention yesterday's episode got. Even CNN tweeted out an article about Ash winning the league. It was really nice to see how many people are still big fans of Ash and were so excited about it. That just kind of further turned me away from the whole AU Ash concept - why use what is essentially a shell of the same character who people from across multiple generations have followed and have a connection to?

Honestly goes to show that the Ash haters are what we might call a vocal minority....

This is actually a surprising thing. After the XYZ finals, I expected that Ash's victory would be lowkey thing, and that there would be the occasional hate comments and all... boy was I wrong.

The internet literally exploded, everywhere I went (be it Facebook, Insta, YT, Reddit, Twitter), I saw news about the victory being trending. Yeah, there were hate comments but they were quickly put down and outnumbered by the amount of positivity. I'm pretty sure TPCi, Nintendo and TV Tokyo would have taken note of it and it'll only mean that Ash continues.
Honestly goes to show that the Ash haters are what we might call a vocal minority....
They're irrelevant, and I doubt they even watched the entirety of the anime, much less at least one season. Their hate is based off circlejerking and memeing.

This is actually a surprising thing. After the XYZ finals, I expected that Ash's victory would be lowkey thing, and that there would be the occasional hate comments and all... boy was I wrong.

The internet literally exploded, everywhere I went (be it Facebook, Insta, YT, Reddit, Twitter), I saw news about the victory being trending. Yeah, there were hate comments but they were quickly put down and outnumbered by the amount of positivity. I'm pretty sure TPCi, Nintendo and TV Tokyo would have taken note of it and it'll only mean that Ash continues.

They're irrelevant, and I doubt they even watched the entirety of the anime, much less at least one season. Their hate is based off circlejerking and memeing.
Ash has his floors yes, but don't we all? Having Ash won was just the ratings trap the series needed to get the anime back on track again.

I too believe the new anime will continue with Ash, Pikachu and Rotom travelling to Galar as well as the past Regions.

Highly doubt that the movies and anime have been swapped around as one 4chan leak stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom