• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Like ash; but I really was upset that they couldn't let him win in Kalos; but let him win in the series I hated as Much as Black & White from its design was revealed in Corocoro. . . and still Do(I Don't change my opinions easily; I Hated The uncanny valleyness of the Detective Pikachu when it was first revealed, and I Still feel the same amount of Uncanny Valley towards it now as everyone else initially did; My Opinions of things pretty much stay the same. . .)

I'm expecting a completely non-traditional saga again. They're not even calling it Pokemon: Sword & Shield.
What is it with you and your constant hatred towards what's traditional for the anime series? It's not too difficult to see that the Animes, Movies, Mangas, Video Games and such are completely different things?

I'm expecting a completely non-traditional saga again. They're not even calling it Pokemon: Sword & Shield.
I'd rather they not call it Sword & Shield, it's ridiculous... same as Sun & Moon, Diamond & Pearl .etc. I'd prefer they name it something simpler or original like Hoenn was Advanced Generations instead of Ruby & Sapphire, or Unova was Best Wishes (no, not Black & White).

Went a bit off track there... changing the name doesn't exactly mean they're dropping the traditional format, if anything they're uniting everything under one simple banned. And do you really expect them to throw away all the positivity from yesterday to please a vocal hate-mongering, bandwagoning minority?

I'd rather they not call it Sword & Shield, it's ridiculous... same as Sun & Moon, Diamond & Pearl .etc. I'd prefer they name it something simpler or original like Hoenn was Advanced Generations instead of Ruby & Sapphire.

Went a bit off track there... changing the name doesn't exactly mean they're dropping the traditional format, if anything they're uniting everything under one simple banned. And do you really expect them to throw away all the positivity from yesterday to please a vocal hate-mongering, bandwagoning minority?
I don't think that a reboot is a guarantee, just something that might likely happen. I would personally prefer a non-traditional saga, but I am in no way stating this as if it were a confirmed fact. Although, these starter artworks laid to rest one of my concerns: that the anime would go full CGI like M22.

I don't think that a reboot is a guarantee, just something that might likely happen. I would personally prefer a non-traditional saga, but I am in no way stating this as if it were a confirmed fact. Although, these starter artworks laid to rest one of my concerns: that the anime would go full CGI like M22.
Coupled with yesterday's trending as well as the voice actress' comments, the chances of a reboot are slipping away slowly.

SM was a non-traditional saga similar to how the games were... whereas Galar is a traditional format on steroids. If anything, Galar emphasizes the concept of travelling, camping, cooking, intense battling .etc. by making them literal game mechanics (the first one in the form of the open-world area).

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1173431329595129861

Come out in the new anime series
The eighth region, the Galar region.

There are a lot of Pokémon that I've never seen before✨
Even in the teaser video
Chimp Pokémon "Grookey"
Rabbit Pokémon "Scorbunny"
Water Lizard Pokémon "Sobble"

It has come out❗ Which Pokémon do you care about❓✨

Looks like in the new anime, which is more than likely a sort of continuation from SM, Galar will be the main focus, but will also include travel to past Regions.

I'm Not; I'm Expecting Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield; which returns the series back to its roots; of Gym Battles, Gettings Badges, Getting a Sponsorship; getting into the Galarian League; face off against the Galarian Elite 4; and See him get a Dynaband to Dynamax his Pokemon!!
It has come out❗ Which Pokémon do you care about❓✨
I Care about Sobble & Scorbunny. . .

I'm Not; I'm Expecting Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield; which returns the series back to its roots; of Gym Battles, Gettings Badges, Getting a Sponsorship; getting into the Galarian League; face off against the Galarian Elite 4; and See him get a Dynaband to Dynamax his Pokemon!!
It's kinda hard to do that when they confirmed that the saga will feature all 8 regions.

I might be wrong but I think this season will see 8 different characters going round each of the regions separately, 1 character goes around Kanto, another Johto and so on

It's kinda hard to do that when they confirmed that the saga will feature all 8 regions.
Maybe they'll just feature a World Tournament some time within the anime; Having Competetors from All 8 regions, including Galar compete in Said Tournament; Like they did in Black 2 & White 2!! hopefully this means we get to see Serena Again!!

Maybe they'll just feature a World Tournament some time within the anime; Having Competetors from All 8 regions, including Galar compete in Said Tournament; Like they did in Black 2 & White 2!! hopefully this means we get to see Serena Again!!
As I said before, I don't think that the PWT will be in the anime unless it returns in the games, which I don't think will happen unless the games revert back to using sprites.

As I said before, I don't think that the PWT will be in the anime unless it returns in the games, which I don't think will happen unless the games revert back to using sprites.
They Brought back the Villain Team Leaders from other regions in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's Post-game and in 3D no less. . . why can't they do the same here?!!

Don't see what you're trying to point out here.
BW series didn't have the PWT despite it being part of the games. The anime can use the games as a base reference point but doesn't literally have to be an exact copy. Your point is moot.

I Care about Sobble & Scorbunny. . .
Ash will most definately get Scorbunny and Sobble. Grookey will be the starter to Gloria.
Also you're forgetting about the other past Regions that'll appear in the anime

They'll probably get around 3-6 episodes max each in the anime. I do not see how difficult it can be to fit it all into this new anime series.

also, the anime's title could be in correlation that everyone, every region, every Pokemon is here.

It doesn't matter if it's sprites or 3D, GF will find a way. Plus the anime can make their own tournament. Remember the Wallace Cup? The Orange League for examples?
Because it would require even more modeling work because there would be more characters to bring back.
Humans are different to Pokemon, since they don't need to Dynamax, nor Gigantomax in the games to have so much pixel work.

Don't see what you're trying to point out here.

BW series didn't have the PWT despite it being part of the games. The anime can use the games as a base reference point but doesn't literally have to be an exact copy. Your point is moot.
I don't think that the anime execs would want to promote a 7 year old game for the original DS.
Humans are different to Pokemon, since they don't need to Dynamax, nor Gigantomax in the games to have so much pixel work.
They would have to create completely new 3D models for 6 generations of Gym Leaders, Champions, and anyone else that they would want to include (Gens 2, 4, and 5 have never appeared in 3D, minus characters who made cameos in SM, and Gens 1, 3, 6 would look jarring if reused due to the chibi artstyle used in XY, ORAS, and LGPE, which would clash with the realistically proportioned models used in SM and SS).

I don't think that the anime execs would want to promote a 7 year old game for the original DS.

They would have to create completely new 3D models for 6 generations of Gym Leaders, Champions, and anyone else that they would want to include (Gens 2, 4, and 5 have never appeared in 3D, minus characters who made cameos in SM, and Gens 1, 3, 6 would look jarring if reused due to the chibi artstyle used in XY, ORAS, and LGPE, which would clash with the realistically proportioned models used in SM and SS).
Since there will be a Gen 4 Remake possibly coming next year, I'd expect seeing them appear in post game. Mostly Cynthia. But I'm sure they will do it. If Pokemon Masters could do it, surely SwSh can.

Since there will be a Gen 4 Remake possibly coming next year, I'd expect seeing them appear in post game. Mostly Cynthia. But I'm sure they will do it. If Pokemon Masters could do it, surely SwSh can.
You clearly don't know that modeling takes more work than creating a sprite. At worst, doing this would take away effort from creating brand new characters unless they completely reuse the models from Masters, which I don't know if they would be compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom