• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly don't know that modeling takes more work than creating a sprite. At worst, doing this would take away effort from creating brand new characters unless they completely reuse the models from Masters, which I don't know if they would be compatible.
We won't know that until the games come out.

Honestly goes to show that the Ash haters are what we might call a vocal minority....

I don't get those Ash haters anyways. They seem to think he is meant to be an unstoppable juggernaut, the literal god of Pokemon in human form, but he is is really just a boy and nothing more, children make stupid mistakes all the time! Ash isn't an idiot, he is simply doing what every other child in existence does, make stupid mistakes as part of the learning process.

Personally I have no problem with him as a person and a character, he is actually a rather good role model for little kids if you look at all the stuff he does right, like helping others, not giving up even when experiencing failure, or just being polite and respectful instead of an asshole like Paul.

I don't get those Ash haters anyways. They seem to think he is meant to be an unstoppable juggernaut, the literal god of Pokemon in human form, but he is is really just a boy and nothing more, children make stupid mistakes all the time! Ash isn't an idiot, he is simply doing what every other child in existence does, make stupid mistakes as part of the learning process.

Personally I have no problem with him as a person and a character, he is actually a rather good role model for little kids if you look at all the stuff he does right, like helping others, not giving up even when experiencing failure, or just being polite and respectful instead of an asshole like Paul.
Or cause some time parodox in the past by coining the name ''Pokemon'' when he'd learn't it whilst he was just very little in his time.

Last edited:
I don't think that the anime execs would want to promote a 7 year old game for the original DS.
:bulbaFacepalm: You're joking right? I don't see how having a World Tournament is necessarily promoting a 7 year old game when it can easily be tying all regions/Pokemon together.

See my analogy on the EPL and UEFA CL in this post to know how it could.
I think the theory of continuing current Ash w/o resetting works the best and given the Galar/England Football theme and that hardcore passion that each has for their respective sport. I'll try my best to explain how the other regions could factor in.

I'll draw an analogy between Pokemon and Football for this, where the Galar League is basically the English Premier League and the Champions Cup/Trophy (or w/e the invitational will be called) will be like the UEFA Champions League.
Any team (ManU!) that qualified for the UEFA still has to play the Premier League matches where there's a tight fixture/schedule. The EPL matches would essentially be his Galar journey, whereas the UEFA ones would be him travelling to the other regions to participate in some sort of qualifiers.

:bulbaFacepalm: You're joking right? I don't see how having a World Tournament is necessarily promoting a 7 year old game when it can easily be tying all regions/Pokemon together.

See my analogy on the EPL and UEFA CL in this post to know how it could.
Including the PWT in the anime would be Black & White 2 promotion unless it is also featured in Sword & Shield.

Including the PWT in the anime would be Black & White 2 promotion unless it is also featured in Sword & Shield.
It wasn't present in the BW anime, so what are you saying. The PWT is already 3 Gens due for one. It can just be an anime exclusive with it's own League name.

:bulbaFacepalm:
Oh my lord... I don't even know if you're dense or trolling at this point.

The Galar region literally has a "Champions Cup", and given the sponsorships/endorsements, it could be a League for the elite people. Though like I described above, they could have the Champions Cup be a different entity like a PWT while the Galar League is its own thing.

:bulbaFacepalm:
Oh my lord... I don't even know if you're dense or trolling at this point.

The Galar region literally has a "Champions Cup", and given the sponsorships/endorsements, it could be a League for the elite people. Though like I described above, they could have the Champions Cup be a different entity like a PWT while the Galar League is its own thing.
The Champion's Cup has already been confirmed to be Galar's replacement for the Elite 4.

I have four different suggestions on how the anime could incorporate the other regions. These are just the 4 that make the most sense to me.

1. Ash travels in Galar, but instead of filler episodes, there will be episodes focused on characters in other regions.
  2. Ash goes to school again, except this time field trips to other regions are more frequent.
  3. The story actively follows eight different protagonists, one in each region.
  4. The story is completely rebooted, with Ash going through the regions sequentially, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.

I have four different suggestions on how the anime could incorporate the other regions. These are just the 4 that make the most sense to me.

1. Ash travels in Galar, but instead of filler episodes, there will be episodes focused on characters in other regions.
  2. Ash goes to school again, except this time field trips to other regions are more frequent.
  3. The story actively follows eight different protagonists, one in each region.
  4. The story is completely rebooted, with Ash going through the regions sequentially, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.
Or...

5. Ash travels in Galar competing in the Galar League, but also competing in some World Tournament (Anime Exclusive) where Ash (like in SM with Kanto) travels to each past Region to compete (3-6 episode Max).

Or...

5. Ash travels in Galar competing in the Galar League, but also competing in some World Tournament (Anime Exclusive) where Ash (like in SM with Kanto) travels to each past Region to compete (3-6 episode Max).
That option to me feels more like fanfiction than something that I can logically see happening in the anime.

That option to me feels more like fanfiction than something that I can logically see happening in the anime.
So is your ideas.... What's your excuse?

I just look at the tried and tested Kalos idea in SM, as well as the clues of the original ideas for M20. Just because that idea is scrapped, doesn't mean they're not perhaps recycling it for this new anime series.

Keeping the same 20 year old protagonist feels more fanfiction than introducing new protagonist(s) or rebooting him, really?

We already had a back to school Ash in Alola, why would they do this again in Galar? The simplest scenario is having the same old Ash going to Galar but since he is now a champion, he has to travel to other regions from time to time.

Keeping the same 20 year old protagonist feels more fanfiction than introducing new protagonist(s) or rebooting him, really?

We already had a back to school Ash in Alola, why would they do this again in Galar? The simplest scenario is having the same old Ash going to Galar but since he is now a champion, he has to travel to other regions from time to time.
Yeah, and it's only for a few episodes. Say 3 - 6 episodes each. 21- 36 Episodes for all 7 Regions compared to like over 150 Episodes for the entire anime series, with Galar having like 114 - 129 Episodes in all.

It's not that complicated to do.

Last edited:
All four of my options involve keeping Ash. In the first one, filler episodes are outright removed and replaced with Chronicles or Side Story type episodes focusing on characters in other regions. In the second one, Ash goes back to school, only this time, there are more field trips to other regions. In the third one, there are eight main protagonists (one of which is Ash), one in each region. In the fourth one (which is the one I like the least and find least likely), the anime is completely rebooted and an AU Ash travels through all the regions sequentially starting in Kanto and ending off with Galar.

All four of my options involve keeping Ash. In the first one, filler episodes are outright removed and replaced with Chronicles or Side Story type episodes focusing on characters in other regions. In the second one, Ash goes back to school, only this time, there are more field trips to other regions. In the third one, there are eight main protagonists (one of which is Ash), one in each region. In the fourth one (which is the one I like the least and find least likely), the anime is completely rebooted and an AU Ash travels through all the regions sequentially starting in Kanto and ending off with Galar.
And yet all of them are less likely to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom