• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All four of my options involve keeping Ash. In the first one, filler episodes are outright removed and replaced with Chronicles or Side Story type episodes focusing on characters in other regions. In the second one, Ash goes back to school, only this time, there are more field trips to other regions. In the third one, there are eight main protagonists (one of which is Ash), one in each region. In the fourth one (which is the one I like the least and find least likely), the anime is completely rebooted and an AU Ash travels through all the regions sequentially starting in Kanto and ending off with Galar.
All of them are unlikely options.

1 and 3 are basically the same, they also take away character focus and time, you can't really expect them to develop the other 7 characters properly when the majority focus is on Ash in Galar much less make 7 new characters.
2... no thank you. Already had enough of it in SM and I'm pretty sure the majority fanbase agrees. Also not likely because of the battle heavy theme that Galar presents.
4 is again, not likely given yesterday's positive sentiments to him winning. Rebooting after seeing that the current Ash has such a loyal following is akin to suicide.

1 and 3 are basically the same, they also take away character focus and time, you can't really expect them to develop the other 7 characters properly when the majority focus is on Ash in Galar much less make 7 new characters.
2... no thank you. Already had enough of it in SM and I'm pretty sure the majority fanbase agrees. Also not likely because of the battle heavy theme that Galar presents.
4 is again, not likely given yesterday's positive sentiments to him winning. Rebooting after seeing that the current Ash has such a loyal following is akin to suicide.
Plus the latest tweet from it's anime Twitter Page as translated showed that the main focus is on Galar, not just on the other past Regions.

Then, the only possibility left is what @Grass Type Gardenia is saying, but I don't think that's happening as that looks more like a bad fanfiction.

Then, the only possibility left is what @Grass Type Gardenia is saying, but I don't think that's happening as that looks more like a bad fanfiction.
The writers will give it the story it deserves, don' you worry. I'm only speculation for what it could be since Ash has become Champion of Alola, and with how the Galar Region showcases it's League. I can guarantee that all the past Region Gym Leaders were High School Coaches compared with the ones in Galar. This will try everything Ash has got. And with a possibility of some International Champions League, that's saying a lot.

I would add the scenario of a more arc-based series such as: a Galar arc followed by a Sinnoh arc followed by Johto etc...

Basically instead of a seemingly rushed inclusion of every region, every region will be prominently featured at a more digestible pace. This only works if my theory of the series running way past the 3-year formula turns out to be true.

I have four different suggestions on how the anime could incorporate the other regions. These are just the 4 that make the most sense to me.

1. Ash travels in Galar, but instead of filler episodes, there will be episodes focused on characters in other regions.
  2. Ash goes to school again, except this time field trips to other regions are more frequent.
  3. The story actively follows eight different protagonists, one in each region.
  4. The story is completely rebooted, with Ash going through the regions sequentially, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.

Option 1 is what I'm hoping for, although I fear that Option 2 might be what we get although it'd still be tolerable. Option 3 sounds iffy to me since I'm not expecting Ash to leave the show and Option 4 is the worst-case scenario imo because I don't see the point of completely rebooting a show that already has mini-reboots every once in a while.

Option 1 is what I'm hoping for, although I fear that Option 2 might be what we get although it'd still be tolerable. Option 3 sounds iffy to me since I'm not expecting Ash to leave the show and Option 4 is the worst-case scenario imo because I don't see the point of completely rebooting a show that already has mini-reboots every once in a while.
I think that Ash can stay around if they do Option 3.

I think that Ash can stay around if they do Option 3.

But Ash's screentime would be greatly reduced if the series follows 8 different protagonists in total, which is the part that I'm against since he might as well not even appear if he's gonna have to share the spotlight with 7 other protagonists.

But Ash's screentime would be greatly reduced if the series follows 8 different protagonists in total, which is the part that I'm against since he might as well not even appear if he's gonna have to share the spotlight with 7 other protagonists.
+ I doubt any of the 7 protagonists will get proper development/progression.

+ I doubt any of the 7 protagonists will get proper development/progression.
It'll most likely be Ash visiting the Regions from Galar. Perhaps revisiting his old companions...

Misty and Brock in Kanto and Johto
May and Max in Hoenn
Dawn in Sinnoh
Iris and Cilan in Unova
Serena, Clemont and Bonnie in Kalos
Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe in Alola

That's a total of 15 companions (17 when including the companions in Galar in the new anime)

Last edited:
It'll most likely be Ash visiting the Regions from Galar. Perhaps revisiting his old companions...

May and Max in Hoenn
Dawn in Sinnoh
Iris and Cilan in Unova

That's a total of 15 companions (17 when including the companions in Galar in the new anime)
Hopefully We'll get to see what Alola Looks like in a More XY-Styled Artstyle, as well as the Alola Pokemon in the artstyle most similar to Pokemon the series: XY & Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You

May and Max in Hoenn
Dawn in Sinnoh
Iris and Cilan in Unova

That could fit in with my Option 1.

With hints from the calendar with Pikachu, Alolan Vulpix, Sylveon, and Shaymin on it, and based off some of the descriptions we have gotten of the new anime, I think the anime will focus on Ash traveling through Galar with his new companions, but also having episodes that are dedicated to older companions and their lives in their respective regions.

I love seeing everyone's ideas about what could happen. It's so interesting to see the fan perspective and ideas on what could happen. Some of these ideas are so creative and fun. Speculation is awesome, but I think I am definitely ready to get some answers on to what we'll be seeing soon.

Go away action lines!
For a moment there I read "go away lines of action". And was like "What? If anything it's better that the characters have better posing now", then I read it again and realized how dumb I was lol.

I Sure hope the Use the song from the Game; I.E. Dynamax [Brand New World] as the Anime's theme song as well as in the game; That's just too COOL for them NOT to use it for Either the game OR the Anime. . .

I'd love to see them Use that Song as the Anime's theme song; as well as the Intro theme of Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield!!! especially with an artstyle more similar to Pokemon the Series: XY & Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You

I Sure hope the Use the song from the Game; I.E. Dynamax [Brand New World] as the Anime's theme song as well as in the game; That's just too COOL for them NOT to use it for Either the game OR the Anime. . .

I'd love to see them Use that Song as the Anime's theme song; as well as the Intro theme of Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield!!!
They didn't do so with SM, only in a few important scenes I think I remember correctly. Perhaps the same would happen with this theme.

Also, to tie into the Gen 4 Remake, we could have Ash with his new companions visiting Dawn in Sinnoh. Perhaps from there, James will see how his Cacnea is doing.

They didn't do so with SM, only in a few important scenes I think I remember correctly. Perhaps the same would happen with this theme.
I Can hardly think of anything for them to use that could be any more epic than THAT song that kicked off the E3 Trailer of Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield

I wonder what the Galarian Team Rocket Motto would be like?

AG: Original Motto with Different beat
DP: Sinnohan Motto
BW: Unovan Motto/Original Motto with Different beat 2
XY: Original Motto with Different Beat 3
SM: Alolan Motto

I wonder what the Galarian Team Rocket Motto would be like?

AG: Original Motto with Different beat
DP: Sinnohan Motto
BW: Unovan Motto/Original Motto with Different beat 2
XY: Original Motto with Different Beat 3
SM: Alolan Motto
i Want the return of the ORIGINAL motto; even if it IS with a different beat!!! You can't beat the classics; I Love the Original TRio Motto!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom