• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Disagree. . . If it ain't broke, don't fix it; If Something is Good; Why replace it with something else that has the possibly that it wouldn't be as well-recieved as what is known to be good and is known to work well?!
Imagine it with cheering fans to suite Galar's theme.

How ironic, that when Sword and Shield comes out, 10 days later would be a year since SM098 showcased London. Perhaps we should take notes for future possibility clues to next Region.

Imagine it with cheering fans to suite Galar's theme.

How ironic, that when Sword and Shield comes out, 10 days later would be a year since SM098 showcased London. Perhaps we should take notes for future possibility clues to next Region.
maybe the Team Rocket Motto could have A British-esque re-theming of the Original theme we all know & love!!

They didn't do so with SM, only in a few important scenes I think I remember correctly. Perhaps the same would happen with this theme.

Also, to tie into the Gen 4 Remake, we could have Ash with his new companions visiting Dawn in Sinnoh. Perhaps from there, James will see how his Cacnea is doing.
That's too much fanservice, and they could just give Ash a rival like Sawyer to promote Sinnoh if they do decide to remake it.

My guess for the rebrand of the series is that it will not just promote the last Gen but all the current and future games.

The main adventure will be in Galar to promote SwSh and the future third version/sequel, but we will get some side episodes or whole arcs in previous regions, in Sinnoh for the potential incoming remake of DP, in the others for some events in Go or Masters.

I wonder what the Galarian Team Rocket Motto would be like?

AG: Original Motto with Different beat
DP: Sinnohan Motto
BW: Unovan Motto/Original Motto with Different beat 2
XY: Original Motto with Different Beat 3
SM: Alolan Motto
I really hope they come up with a new one. My favorite is the Isshu one and it's just funny it didn't last the whole saga lol
The original, as nostalgic as it's, overstayed its welcome by AG, they just didn't have to come back with it in BW.

The SM one is good, but way too short (although I love OLM added Japanese characters in the animation)

How?

Perhaps the Team Rocket song based on British Rock.

I'm assuming that you're being facetious, because I don't see why their motto would be influenced by the real world location that Galar is based on. That's like saying that their SuMo motto was based on Hawaiian, ukulele inspired music...

Seriously.

Dawn is one thing, but James Cacnea......come on!

I am a little annoyed they never introduced Wally. ORAS would have been the perfect excuse for him to appear in the anime but no we get Sawyer who is a loose counterpart (mostly design-wise not in terms of personality and without the signature Ralts line) instead.

I am a little annoyed they never introduced Wally. ORAS would have been the perfect excuse for him to appear in the anime but no we get Sawyer who is a loose counterpart (mostly design-wise not in terms of personality and without the signature Ralts line) instead.

I think you're reaching when you say that Sawyer was a loose counterpart of Wally because aesthetically speaking, I'm not seeing any noteworthy physical similarities between them other than their green hair, but even then Sawyer's hair is a much darker shade of green than Wally's.

I wasn't a fan of it; neither was the vocal majority!!

I love the term "vocal majority" because it just means the people who complain the most or the loudest. Hard to believe, but not everyone hated the school format of SM. I've seen plenty of people express their love and enjoyment for SM as a series. I definitely don't see it continuing into the next series, but it's disingenuous to assume it was widely hated just because the people who didn't like it went out of their way to bash it.

I also can't believe art style is still such a big deal to people, especially in terms of this new series where there seems to be much bigger changes on the horizon. I get having preferences, but it barely even seems worth it to say "I want so-and-so's art style back" when they haven't repeated any of that in the past three series. I'm personally far more interested in what the storyline and content of the series is going to be than what art style they're ultimately going to go with; something as minor as that isn't going to turn me off of the show.

For the Rocket trio's motto I'd be fine with a brand new one as long as it follows a similar cadence to the original. Their Alola one was way too short, but their Sinnoh one was on the long side. I think their Best Wishes motto was great so something like that would be good. I'd also be fine with the original too (bonus if they remix the original motto music like in XY), but regardless of motto please for the love of god stop reusing the same animation every time they do it!! Even if they have a bank of like 4 "basic" animations that they splice up/mix-and-match every time it's generic with the occasional new version whenever the variant is unique enough/thematic.

If this series ends up being a grand finale for Satoshi/the Rocket trio then it would be neat to either randomly cycle through all of their previous mottos from episode to episode or somehow make one that captures the essence of all of them.

That's too much fanservice, and they could just give Ash a rival like Sawyer to promote Sinnoh if they do decide to remake it.
Seriously.

Dawn is one thing, but James Cacnea......come on!

What is so ''Fanservice'' about recapping on old friends and tying up some lose end? That's like you saying that Jigglypuff, Misty, Brock and Kanto in SM was Fanservice, when TPCi are clearly doing this to promote the series 20th Anniversary and the coming LGPE. Don't you really not think they might do the same thing for the new anime with other Regions as well? Especially when the original idea for M20 was to have all the past companions in it.

I can tell you actually hate the whole concept of that because you hate ''traditionalism'' and ''patterns'' and instead whant thing to be done your way, when all I'm doing is just giving you whats most likely based on what we know and dug up thus far.

Do you not think you're hypocrites with your ''Fanservice'' ideas? You need to really think before coming with that as an excuse or an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom