• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so ''Fanservice'' about recapping on old friends and tying up some lose end? That's like you saying that Jigglypuff, Misty, Brock and Kanto in SM was Fanservice, when TPCi are clearly doing this to promote the series 20th Anniversary and the coming LGPE. Don't you really not think they might do the same thing for the new anime with other Regions as well? Especially when the original idea for M20 was to have all the past companions in it.

I can tell you actually hate the whole concept of that because you hate ''traditionalism'' and ''patterns'' and instead whant thing to be done your way, when all I'm doing is just giving you whats most likely based on what we know and dug up thus far.

Do you not think you're hypocrites with your ''Fanservice'' ideas? You need to really think before coming with that as an excuse or an argument.

There is nothing wrong with fan service, but you consistently go over board with it. Dawn making a reappearance is fine since she was an important character. But ideas like a reappearance of James Cacnea or Hunter J returning are silly IMO. Those aren't credible or worthwhile ideas and would make the series feel clunky and sloppy.

There is nothing wrong with fan service, but you consistently go over board with it. Dawn making a reappearance is fine since she was an important character. But ideas like a reappearance of James Cacnea or Hunter J returning are silly IMO. Those aren't credible or worthwhile ideas and would make the series feel clunky and sloppy.
Agreed with the Hunter J issue, but I don't see why James reuniting with Cacnea and/or Chimecho is fanservice and asking for too much, considering he loves them both dearly.

Agreed with the Hunter J issue, but I don't see why James reuniting with Cacnea and/or Chimecho is fanservice and asking for too much, considering he loves them both dearly.
J was just to spice the story up. Just like a few characters that could make cameos. not too much, not too little for the new series. But we all have to wait and see.

Anime-wise, there's seem to be some parallels between the Japanese Regions and the International...

OS - BW
AG - XY
AG (BF) - SM
DP - PM

Last edited:
You think Kukui would accept the title from Ash even though he rightly earned it? That's like someone hosting a talent show then declaring themselves the winner.

I mean, given Rica Matsumoto's recent comments that seem to heavily imply that Ash's journey will continue one way or another, I think it's pretty much expected that Ash will have to give the Champion title to someone else if he's gonna be traveling around a lot and won't be able to fulfill his duties in Alola on a frequent basis. Kukui's the only person who I could see gaining the Champion title from Ash at this point, unless y'all want Gladion to become the new Champion because he was the runner-up... ?

XY and AG were nothing alike. Plus, BF tone and theme was the opposite of SM.

SM is closer to Orange island, but even that is a stretch.
I think he meant the general format of the anime's arc/season, not the content within it, which makes sense when you think about it.

OS > BW
Orange > Decolore
AG > XY
BF > SM
DP > PM

I think he meant the general format of the anime's arc/season, not the content within it, which makes sense when you think about it.

OS > BW
Orange > Decolore
AG > XY
BF > SM
DP > PM
SM is completely different to what came before it. It's pointless to categorize it with the other series.

SM is completely different to what came before it. It's pointless to categorize it with the other series.
Both BF and SM undergo challenges that are completely different from your traditional Gyms, both result in Ash conquering the final trials. And, of course, he'll drop the chance to stay with the respective challenge system and continue his journey.

Like I said, general format and not the content within.

OS > BW
Orange > Decolore
AG > XY
BF > SM
DP > PM

I still disagree.

The general format of the show is the same from OS through XY. SM is the only season that gets away from it.

I still disagree.

The general format of the show is the same from OS through XY. SM is the only season that gets away from it.
OS-DP are considered separate as a Japanese Arc since DP ended with Ash returning to Pallet Town, whilst BW was like a new beginning for the International Arc, a sort of reboot from OS up.

Because XY ended on the same ending as DP between that and SM, it's still a sort of continuation, like how both XY and SM are on the same consoles.

As I said before, a cliffhanger ending in the anime usually happens when there's a new console for the new game to be on. Won't be surprised if there is one

OS-DP are considered separate as a Japanese Arc since DP ended with Ash returning to Pallet Town

Because XY ended on the same ending as DP between that and SM, it's still a sort of continuation, like how both XY and SM are on the same consoles.

As I said before, a cliffhanger ending in the anime usually happens when there's a new console for the new game to be on. Won't be surprised if there is one

The anime doesn’t make any distinction between OS-DP from BW-SM.

Yet the General Format still stands. It's just a feeling you get when seeing how all this fits together nicely. Would it not be a general format for Ash's Companions in XY to be similar to that of AG? (Ash, Female Trainer Companion, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling?) You can also tell with the other series as well...

OS - BW (Ash with two Gym Leaders)
AG - XY (Ash with Female Trainer, Gym Leader and Younger Sibling)
SM (Ash with Classmates, This is the only exception, but because it has returning Kanto Characters, similar to how AG did it, so you can guess it would count to late AG/BF Format?)

The next is what's likely to be...

PM - DP (Ash with Female Trainer and Gym Leader)

You are looking way too deeply into this. When it comes to Ash’s companions, the only set thing so far ( which can change with the next series) is that the companions are NPC or young gym leaders and who they pick depends on what the games give them.

You are looking way too deeply into this. When it comes to Ash’s companions, the only set thing so far ( which can change with the next series) is that the companions are NPC or young gym leaders and who they pick depends on what the games give them.
You mean Female Player. And if you're about to discuss the Rival/Apprentice thing, we've already discussed pages back that it doesn't matter. Especially if Gloria ends up becoming Ash's companion.

The General Format also reflects the games that come out, like BW with HGSS from Gen 4, XY and SM with ORAS in Gen 6 and LGPE with Gen 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom