• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet the General Format still stands. It's just a feeling you get when seeing how all this fits together nicely. Would it not be a general format for Ash's Companions in XY to be similar to that of AG? (Ash, Female Trainer Companion, Gym Leader, Younger Sibling?) You can also tell with the other series as well...

OS - BW (Ash with two Gym Leaders)
AG - XY (Ash with Female Trainer, Gym Leader and Younger Sibling)
SM (Ash with Classmates, This is the only exception, but because it has returning Kanto Characters, similar to how AG did it, so you can guess it would count to late AG/BF Format?)

The next is what's likely to be...

PM - DP (Ash with Female Trainer and Gym Leader)
I Hope he travels with Gloria aka that Scottish Lass from Galar. . . maybe Milo could fill in the role of Brock as the gym leader/3rd wheel!!

Ash, Allister and Marnie would be such a dream! The lack of Selene in SM makes me feel like Gloria wouldn't appear.

Ash, Allister and Marnie would be such a dream! The lack of Selene in SM makes me feel like Gloria wouldn't appear.
It doesn't matter of what the Female Player does in the games if not picked, we've already discussed this pages back. They can still do Gloria since she can be seen in the Wild Area. It's likely Gloria would be in the game based on the Calender 2020 cover where Grookey is with the Pokemon that tend to belong to Female Characters.

Also, Marnie is a Rival, and Ash never had a Rival as a companion. If Morpeko would've been present in the calender, then I might consider it being so, but the fact is it's not.

I'd take Bea as the ideal travelling companion myself.

She feels like such a perfect foil to Ash that you could make that really interesting.

She seems way too serious imo and if people disliked Iris's constant put-downs and nagging, I can't see Bea being tolerated by most fans since she looks like that kind of character imo.

It doesn't matter of what the Female Player does in the games if not picked, we've already discussed this pages back. They can still do Gloria since she can be seen in the Wild Area. It's likely Gloria would be in the game based on the Calender 2020 cover where Grookey is with the Pokemon that tend to belong to Female Characters.

I don't understand what you are trying to say

What if Ash doesn't have any companions this time around? (Which is highly unlikely)

Whether it's Bea or Gloria, we'll hopefully know soon enough.

Somehow I still feel that's going to be Gloria.

Last edited:
There seems to be a pattern considering the female character.

Kanto, no female character, gym leader Misty as companion.
Johto, no female character, gym leader Misty as companion.
Hoenn, May is part of the story in the game, May is Ash's companion.
Sinnoh, Dawn is part of the story in the game, Dawn is Ash's companion.
Unys, Hilda is not part of the story in the game, gym leader Iris is Ash's companion.
Kalos, Serena is part of the story in the game, Serena is Ash's companion.
Alola, Selene is not part of the story in the game, several captains as companions.

It seems quite obvious that Gloria will play no role in the story if not picked and will very unlikely be Ash's companion.

My bet is on a gym leader yet to be announced.

There seems to be a pattern considering the female character.

Kanto, no female character, gym leader Misty as companion.
Johto, no female character, gym leader Misty as companion.
Hoenn, May is part of the story in the game, May is Ash's companion.
Sinnoh, Dawn is part of the story in the game, Dawn is Ash's companion.
Unys, Hilda is not part of the story in the game, gym leader Iris is Ash's companion.
Kalos, Serena is part of the story in the game, Serena is Ash's companion.
Alola, Selene is not part of the story in the game, several captains as companions.

It seems quite obvious that Gloria will play no role in the story if not picked and will very unlikely be Ash's companion.

My bet is on a gym leader yet to be announced.
Again... It has nothing to do with what role in the game the Female Player does when not picked!

We've already discussed this pages back. Hidden Mew did a discussion on the matter.

The thing with having the female protagonist as a companion is that you can only create so many anime original goals. It worked with Serena because that's just how her character was. How will they work it out with Gloria? I don't see Performances returning, and if they did by some chances then why not bring back Serena altogether?

Again... It has nothing to do with what role in the game the Female Player does when not picked!

We've already discussed this pages back. Hidden Mew did a discussion on the matter.
With no arguments... So don't be so affirmative...

There's a pattern, which can be a coincidence maybe, but it still makes more sense to base the reasonning on this than just a feeling.

The thing with having the female protagonist as a companion is that you can only create so many anime original goals. It worked with Serena because that's just how her character was. How will they work it out with Gloria? I don't see Performances returning, and if they did by some chances then why not bring back Serena altogether?

Because the writers would have to address the shipping and I don't think the writers want to do that again.

Besides Serena is generation 6 and that is old news. The only old companions I can see Ash traveling with is Brock and Misty. They have been getting promoted a lot due to the anniversary, Pokemon Masters, and LEPE. Also, the writers seem to give generation one special treatment compared to the other generations.

With no arguments... So don't be so affirmative...

There's a pattern, which can be a coincidence maybe, but it still makes more sense to base the reasonning on this than just a feeling.
Be care about the word ''Pattern'', you know RileyXY1 doesn't believe in it. But, it there is such thing as a pattern, then you are saying that Ash will get all three starters and will have 2 Gym Leaders as companions.

Well... so far, most of the characters look either too old or out of sorts to be Ash's companions. The ones that come close are Bea and Gloria. Marnie doesn't count for obvious reasons. As for male companions, it's Milo or Allister. Although Milo would be most likely.

Because the writers would have to address the shipping and I don't think the writers want to do that again.

Besides Serena is generation 6 and that is old news. The only old companions I can see Ash traveling with is Brock and Misty. They have been getting promoted a lot due to the anniversary, Pokemon Masters, and LEPE. Also, the writers seem to give generation one special treatment compared to the other generations.

That's because it was Pokemon's 20th Anniversary, that's why? I could see Misty and Brock returning to travel with Ash (Be nice to see Misty's reaction to Nessa), although that would break the norm of having Galar it's own companions for Ash.

Gloria WILL appear; Especially since Gen 4= Dawn; Gen 6= Serena, ergo Gen 8= Gloria; I Guess they skip a generation from gen 4 onwards. . . as Gen 5 didn't have Hilda, OR Rosa in the anime;

Controversial opinion, but I wouldn't mind having Hop be the male companion. I felt that Hau got shafted hard in S&M when he had so much potential so I'd want them to at least try to do something with Hop even if he's not the male companion.
yeah; Like having him become Ash's Primary Friendly Rival with a Plausible motive, of wanting to become as victorious as his Big Brother and follow in his footsteps

Wow that has got to be the biggest stretch ever. Gloria is not anymore associated with Grookey than any of the other starters?

This. Even if Gloria appears in the anime, she's just as likely to own Sobble or Scorbunny as she is to own Grookey, and that's assuming that she'd own a starter Pokemon at all.

Also, I don't get that "It's likely Gloria would be in the game based on the Calender 2020 cover" part of one of the previous posts; we already know that she's in the game, but what does an anime calendar have to do with Gloria's in-game self?

I'd actually love for Bea to be Ash's female friend. She might have a different personality in the show and be more expressive. She's a better choice than Sonia or Nessa at least.

Gloria WILL appear; Especially since Gen 4= Dawn; Gen 6= Serena, ergo Gen 8= Gloria; I Guess they skip a generation from gen 4 onwards. . . as Gen 5 didn't have Hilda, OR Rosa in the anime;

I think that's one of the biggest exaggerated coincidences that I've seen here so far. It's not really a natural pattern if you pick and choose where it supposedly begins - in this case Gen 4 for god knows what reason - while disregarding what happened from Gen 1 through Gen 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom