• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of pissed that Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd are regional variant evolutions and not regular ones like Electivire, Magmortar .etc. Oh well, Dexit blows...

Kind of pissed that Obstagoon and Sirfetch'd are regional variant evolutions and not regular ones like Electivire, Magmortar .etc. Oh well, Dexit blows...
Actually, Sirfetch'd evolves from a regular Farfetch'd. It's just only in the Galar Region that it can evolve. It's more akin to Electivire, Magmortar, etc. Than that of Alolan Marowak or Alolan Raichu.

Last edited:
Apologies if anyone has posted it already, but could this be a clue?
CoroCoro Online Interview with Rica Matsumoto

"From here on out I think things like Satoshi's sincerity and the parts of him that won't change are gonna stay that way forever. But even so, he'll meet many people and experience many things, and he'll mature just a little bit and maybe be able to go on to the next level. So please keep showing him your support.

Pokemon is what it is because of everyone's support so if you don't cheer him on that he can't win!! (laughs)"

Thanks to Dogasu for the translation.

"From here on out I think things like Satoshi's sincerity and the parts of him that won't change are gonna stay that way forever. But even so, he'll meet many people and experience many things, and he'll mature just a little bit and maybe be able to go on to the next level. So please keep showing him your support.

Pokemon is what it is because of everyone's support so if you don't cheer him on that he can't win!! (laughs)"

Yeah, it was already discussed a few pages back. That interview pretty much rules out any Origins/Generation style anime, or even reboot/AU Ash. It's going to be a continuation.

Yeah, it was already discussed a few pages back. That interview pretty much rules out any Origins/Generation style anime, or even reboot/AU Ash. It's going to be a continuation.
And the new anime would be like SM with the region travel. Only difference is that Ash would be on a similar journey through Galar to what he did in the first 6 Regions, and that it won't just be Kanto, but all other Regions as well.

Actually, Sirfetch'd evolves from a regular Farfetch'd. It's just only in the Galar Region that it can evolve. It's more akin to Electivire, Magmortar, etc. Than that of Alolan Marowak or Alolan Raichu.

How is it more akin to Electivire/Magmortar? They can evolve from any Electabuzz/Magmar in any region so long as they have their special items attached and are traded, whereas Farfetch'd apparently can't evolve into Sirfetch'd unless it's British Galarian. If anything, that makes it more like Alolan Raichu.

How is it more akin to Electivire/Magmortar? They can evolve from any Electabuzz/Magmar in any region so long as they have their special items attached and are traded, whereas Farfetch'd apparently can't evolve into Sirfetch'd unless it's British Galarian. If anything, that makes it more like Alolan Raichu.
Alolan evolutions are different because at least they have another (Kantonian) counterpart, whereas Sirfetch'd doesn't have one. That's what I'm trying to get at here.

I was thinking sobble would fully evolve when ash helps over come it's timid personality and it's self esteem improves what you think
That's what I was thinking as well. Ash would also have Scorbunny since that Pokemon fit's Ash's personality very well. Grookey meanwhile I could see fitting with Gloria as her starter Pokemon, and would suit her personality of being curious when starting out.

Why are you assuming Gloria will be in the anime?
Because she's the only female character that seems to fit the criteria for being Ash's companion. If we want to know of who Ash's Companions for the new series are, then we would've seen them before the anime's reveal.

If you look back at when the previous games were shown in trailers, they would always introduce the characters before revealing the anime.
  • Iris and Cilan were revealed before the BW anime (Iris leaked in a character sheet beforehand).
  • Clemont was revealed before the XY anime, yet despite some of the female characters revealed, Serena was the one that became the Female Companion.
  • Lillie, Kiawe, Sophocles, Lana and Mallow were revealed before the SM anime (Mallow was shown beforehand in Incineroar's Confidential Sheet.)
Most other characters we've seen for SwSh look too old or too out of place to the usual norm. Bea is the only one that might become the companion if not Gloria, and would probably need to give her better clothes and footwear. Marnie however is a rival, so she's simply out of the question. Ash never had rivals as companions. Especially if she has a Pikaclone. Perhaps Morpeko could either be the exception, or Gloria would catch her own.

Also, since AG, Female Trainers in the anime usually become companions to the first Gen games for the new consoles like AG for GBA, DP for DS and XY for 3DS (SwSh for Switch). Whilst second Gen games for the same consoles like BW on DS and SM on 3DS don't.

If we also go with the 2020 Calendar as what the anime might offer, Grookey is shown in the back along with Lillie's Snowy, Serena's Sylveon and Mallow's Shaymin, all of those Pokemon belonged to Female Trainers, and with Grookey having matching colors to Gloria's green tam o' shanter and socks, along with her dark hair, bag and boots, I can perfectly imagine Grookey being her starter. Scorbunny and Sobble are more in the forefront with Ash's Pikachu, so they can possibly be Ash's. The color of Gloria's clothes is also similar in pink to Dawns (blue hair matching Piplup's color), just like Serena's red and black with May's (matching Torchic and Fennekin's colors). Gen 6 had a Gen 3 Remake, and Gen 8 is expecting a Gen 4 Remake next year, so I should have no doubt that there is some connections.

Either Gloria or Bea, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Once again it never said Galar will be the Main Stage. We don't know that if it will or if it will not. From a Casuals Perspective, when you read the text and watch the teaser, the impression it gives off is that it will tell a story like Generations featuring all Regions from Kanto-Galar.

Agreed.

I don't get the theory that this saga will be like SM (in which the focus was Alola, but they traveled to Kanto). If that were the case, I think they would have called the series Pokemon: Sword and Shield, instead of going back to the original title. The title makes zero sense IMO if they go that route.

I think that those two suit companions more, especially if the companions turn out to be Bea and Allister like my personal desires.
Only one of them still needs to run a Gym, since they both share the exact same Gym in the exact same location (Depending of what version you get). Could understand Bea joining Ash more than Allister. Or it could be Gloria and Allister?

We just don't know at this point.

Agreed.

I don't get the theory that this saga will be like SM (in which the focus was Alola, but they traveled to Kanto). If that were the case, I think they would have called the series Pokemon: Sword and Shield, instead of going back to the original title. The title makes zero sense IMO if they go that route.
It's called ''Pocket Monsters'' because ALL the Regions are present in the Series. It's just that Galar will be the one that'll be the focus to show off the new Pokemon and the games. If it's not Galar, then how come in the anime's twitter page they showed off the Galar Starters. Why not the Kanto starters like in the trailer?

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1173431329595129861

Come out in the new anime series
The eighth region, the Galal region.

There are a lot of Pokémon that I've never seen before✨
Even in the teaser video
Pokémon "Sarnori"
Rabbit Pokémon "Hibany"
Mizutake Pokémon "Messon"

It has come out❗ Which Pokémon do you care about❓✨

Also

This sounds to me like the new anime will be a continuation from Sun and Moon.

Last edited:
It's called ''Pocket Monsters'' because ALL the Regions are present. It's just that Galar will be the one that'll be the focus to show off the new Pokemon and the games. If it's not Galar, then how come in the anime's twitter page they showed off the Galar Starters. Why not the Kanto starters like in the trailer?

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1173431329595129861

Also

This sounds to me like the new anime will be a continuation from Sun and Moon.

They showed them off because they are the new Pokemon, not because Galar will be the focus. As I have said before, the region doesn't matter as much in recent years to them IMO. Just look at movie 20 with Piplup and Lucario. As for Rica's statements, just go look at how she was talking about Ash from movie 20, she didn't see him as a different character from the main series. So using her statements as confirmation that they will stick to this timeline is a mistake IMO.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen. But I do agree with Silktree that it is amusing that some posters on here outright dismiss the chances for a reboot when there is actually solid evidence that they may go that route. As I said before, the use of the movie title is a big red flag. It just doesn't make much sense to use it if you are sticking to this timeline.

They showed them off because they are the new Pokemon, not because Galar will be the focus. As I have said before, the region doesn't matter as much in recent years to them IMO. Just look at movie 20 with Piplup and Lucario. As for Rica's statements, just go look at how she was talking about Ash from movie 20, she didn't see him as a different character from the main series. So using her statements as confirmation that they will stick to this timeline is a mistake IMO.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen. But I do agree with Silktree that it is amusing that some posters on here outright dismiss the chances for a reboot when there is actually solid evidence that they may go that route. As I said before, the use of the movie title is a big red flag. It just doesn't make much sense to use it if you are sticking to this timeline.
It also doesn't make sense that they would reboot the entire thing, when it never said anything about it being a reboot, remake or retelling. Only that all Regions will be present. That movie logo is just as it is ''a logo''. nothing more, nothing less...

And we have until the 29th before we get the answers we seek. Plus, what is the point of having like Sirfetch'd, when there is no Galar Region to show it in? Isn't the whole point of showing the region a way on showing off the new Pokemon living in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom