• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also doesn't make sense that they would reboot the entire thing, when it never said anything about it being a reboot, remake or retelling. Only that all Regions will be present. That movie logo is just as it is ''a logo''. nothing more, nothing less...

And we have until the 29th before we get the answers we seek.
To you is doesn't, but to others it does.

It also doesn't make sense that they would reboot the entire thing, when it never said anything about it being a reboot, remake or retelling. Only that all Regions will be present. That movie logo is just as it is ''a logo''. nothing more, nothing less...

And we have until the 29th before we get the answers we seek. Plus, what is the point of having like Sirfetch'd, when there is no Galar Region to show it in? Isn't the whole point of showing the region a way on showing off the new Pokemon living in it?

They are using the movie title that was created to separate the AU movies from the main series. It is amazing to me how you keep willfully ignoring this. Unless they are just trolling, it makes zero sense to use that title since fans are smart enough to notice the significance. They could have easily used the original name, but designed a different title.

They are using the movie title that was created to separate the AU movies from the main series. It is amazing to me how you keep willfully ignoring this. Unless they are just trolling, it makes zero sense to use that title since fans are smart enough to notice the significance. They could have easily used the original name, but designed a different title.
They could start the journey in Galar, instead of just restarting Ash's journey from Kanto to Galar, because by then Gen 9 would be out, and it would already be too late. That's what is called ''Bad Marketing'' for the new games. But yet would be good for the old. And if so, then what is the point of a Gen 8 at all? They might as well just have the 7 and call it a day. They clearly don't care about what they make since they've started out any more. All they care about is exactly what Pokemon Hunter J cares about... Themselves and Money.

Same happens to any franchise at the end of the day...

First Film, Make a Movie.
Second Film, Make more Money.

''For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have errored, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.''

Sorry if I was being judgemental, I was just expressing the situation to why this may not work, and why they are doing this, which makes all this the equivalent to a two-edged sword.

Last edited:
They could start the journey in Galar, instead of just restarting Ash's journey from Kanto to Galar, because by then Gen 9 would be out, and it would already be too late. That's what is called ''Bad Marketing'' for the new games. But yet would be good for the old. And if so, then what is the point of a Gen 8 at all? They might as well just have the 7 and call it a day. They clearly don't care about what they make since they've started out any more. All they care about is exactly what Pokemon Hunter J cares about... Themselves and Money.

Same happens to any franchise at the end of the day...

First Film, Make a Movie.
Second Film, Make more Money.

''For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have errored, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.''

Sorry if I was being judgemental, I was just expressing the situation to why this may not work, and why they are doing this, which makes all this the equivalent to a two-edged sword.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Pokemon has decided to change directions when it comes to promotion? Maybe they aren't going to use the anime as an informercial for the newest game/generation, and instead just use the anime to promote the company as a whole? Over the last couple of years, we have already seen the company take chances when it comes to the show. So it seems silly to me to pretend that they still operate as if this still 2006.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Pokemon has decided to change directions when it comes to promotion? Maybe they aren't going to use the anime as an informercial for the newest game/generation, and instead just use the anime to promote the company as a whole? Over the last couple of years, we have already seen the company take chances when it comes to the show. So it seems silly to me to pretend that they still operate as if this still 2006.
Notice that I have been very calm, since I do not like to argue. Especially when being pushed against the wall like this. What's t say that this is going to be a retelling when it is not mentioned. It's just a logo. Over the last couple of years the movie has gone a different direction, what makes you think the anime is going to be similar when we have no proof as of yet that it is going to be so. The Movie may be different to the Anime. All we have are clues that might point to it being a continuation. Until 29th, then we shall see. All we can do is speculate.

Because she's the only female character that seems to fit the criteria for being Ash's companion.

To you maybe but if I may be so bold, you're using rather flimsy logic to justify the idea that she will be Ash's traveling companion while putting her above the other Gen 8 girls. I personally want Nessa to be Ash's traveling companion, but at least I'm not writing essays analyzing all kinds of hypothetical 'clues' to rationalize why she'd be the most viable choice for the ShSw cast.

The only thing that I agree with is that it makes sense for Ash to spend more time in Galar in this saga/series/whatever than for him to be traveling to other regions more than half the time. I think that him spending 75% of his time in Galar and the other 25% in other regions would be a nice compromise. That way he'd spend more time promoting Shield & Sword while also giving up 1/4 of the screentime for nostalgic promotion of older Pokemon, characters and regions.

To you maybe but if I may be so bold, you're using rather flimsy logic to justify the idea that she will be Ash's traveling companion while putting her above the other Gen 8 girls. I personally want Nessa to be Ash's traveling companion, but at least I'm not writing essays analyzing all kinds of hypothetical 'clues' to rationalize why she'd be the most viable choice for the ShSw cast.

The only thing that I agree with is that it makes sense for Ash to spend more time in Galar in this saga/series/whatever than for him to be traveling to other regions more than half the time. I think that him spending 75% of his time in Galar and the other 25% in other regions would be a nice compromise. That way he'd spend more time promoting Shield & Sword while also giving up 1/4 of the screentime for nostalgic promotion of older Pokemon, characters and regions.
I'm not saying that Gloria would be Ash's companion as a 100% fact, I'm just saying that she is most likely. It could be Bea or Nessa for all I know. Or since this is an AY series, might even be completely new companions for the anime series for all we know.

Notice that I have been very calm, since I do not like to argue. Especially when being pushed against the wall like this. What's t say that this is going to be a retelling when it is not mentioned. It's just a logo. Over the last couple of years the movie has gone a different direction, what makes you think the anime is going to be similar when we have no proof as of yet that it is going to be so. The Movie may be different to the Anime. All we have are clues that might point to it being a continuation. Until 29th, then we shall see. All we can do is speculate.

Good grief.....the damn logo!

I mean lol. It is hilarious how you can find evidence of what you think the series will be from the most obscure patterns. But you are skeptical about the logo, even though we know the history behind it.

Good grief.....the damn logo!

I mean lol. It is hilarious how you can find evidence of what you think the series will be from the most obscure patterns. But you are skeptical about the logo, even though we know the history behind it.
This is one of tonnes of reasons why I hate forums, we don't understand each other's moods, opinions and understandings unless we spoke face-to-face.

I can give the new direction a try, I'm not against it. I just feel like Gen 8 is going to be treated as the black sheep right from the start if we go down this direction. And this is spoken from someone who's been longing for a British Region for over 10 years. I just wish they could give Galar justice.

The logo is an additional potential argument in favor of AU but not at the point of being a "red flag".

Maybe they just want to strandardize the logo of their animated content ?
Except it might mislead the audience into thinking that it is set in the canon of M20 and M21.

The logo is an additional potential argument in favor of AU but not at the point of being a "red flag".

Maybe they just want to strandardize the logo of their animated content ?

Yet, they could easily create another logo. It makes zero sense to use this particular logo since it is so associated with movies.

Even though I want Bea and Allister to be Ash's companions, I don't use hypothetical clues or anything like that to explain why I think that this would happen.

I feel like we all really need to work on not positing speculations as facts.

Anyway, ever since Best Wishes, each new series appears to be a soft reboot and I believe that this is likely to be the same this time around. I don't think it'll be a complete reboot from the very beginning but I'm not ruling that out altogether.

Here's what I think the new series will be like. It'll follow off from Ash winning the Alola league. It'll start of with Ash heading for Galar but instead, he will be there for the a Pokemon World Tournament kind of thing where he meets other great trainers and of course his friends. It is here that we will revisit the past events and reintroduce the key events of his history to the new generation. Only after this arc is done will he go on his badge quest.

Last edited:
I feel like we all really need to work on not positing speculations as facts.

Anyway, ever since Best Wishes, each new series appears to be a soft reboot and I believe that this is likely to be the same this time around. I don't think it'll be a complete reboot from the very beginning but I'm not ruling that out altogether.

Here's what I think the new series will be like. It'll follow off from Ash. It'll start of with Ash heading for Galar but instead, he will be there for the a Pokemon World Tournament kind of thing where he meets other great trainers and of course his friends. It is here that we will revisit the past events and reintroduce the key events of his history to the new generation. Only after this arc is done will he go on his badge quest.
I instead think that Ash will be invited to Galar by Leon himself, who had watched the Alolan League and Ash's victory, seeing Ash's potential for the Galar League, giving him his endorsement.

I instead think that Ash will be invited to Galar by Leon himself, who had watched the Alolan League and Ash's victory, seeing Ash's potential for the Galar League, giving him his endorsement.

Missed out one bit as I was typing: It'll follow off from Ash winning the Alola league.

I feel like both our could happen simultaneously. Leon invites Ash to Galar/PWT and then invites Ash to take part in the Galar league.

Missed out one bit as I was typing: It'll follow off from Ash winning the Alola league.

I feel like both our could happen simultaneously. Leon invites Ash to Galar/PWT and then invites Ash to take part in the Galar league.
Perhaps Leon (or any Galar character) would appear in SM141 since that episode has yet to appear on the listings, and that's to be shown on the 29th.

Last edited:
I have suspicions that Ash might not even get Scorbunny or Sobble.

I agree with Scorbunny, but I can see Ash with Sobble, mainly because it reminds me a lot of Froakie. I think there's a lot they could do with Sobble since it's supposed to be really timid and that's something Ash could work with it on.

I'm still mixed on Grookey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom