• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, if the Anime is taking the All-Regions route that means they can make any Pokémon they want to appear, which includes Legendaries and Mythicals. It actually will be the most-merch driven to date.
Yea, merch, I already guess that Sinnoh would come after Galar.

Gosh I hope this is true, this would be amazing. But at the same time, it basically is a 30 Minute Weekly commercial for the franchise...
To be fair, Pikachu became the series mascot due to the anime and how iconic his role within it is.

And the anime might as well be its own standalone entity at this point judging by last week's episode getting positive reception worldwide.

So it's kind of ignorant to call it a "30 minute commercial".

To be fair, Pikachu became the series mascot due to the anime and how iconic his role within it is.

And the anime might as well be its own standalone entity at this point judging by last week's episode getting positive reception worldwide.

So it's kind of ignorant to call it a "30 minute commercial".
Yet it is still tied into the Pokémon game and merch web, so saying that it isn’t is unavoidable.

If all regions get featured, I'm hoping they dedicate an episode to a certain region instead of two or more regions featured in one episode
You can expect Kanto to be featured more than any other region. Can't wait for the series to change its name into "Pocketto Monstuaa: Project Kanto!"...

Being "set in all regions" doesn't necessarily mean that they will all be featured equally. It just means that the writers can take Ash to any region that they want. The first region will probably be Galar, and I'm sure that it will get the love it deserves, but after that Ash can leave and spend time in another region.

I've come to the conclusion that reverting the title of the series simply to "Pocket Monsters" is a way to finally separate the anime from the games. Starting now, the anime will serve to promote the entire franchise, with the core games being only one part of that. I believe that the anime will become completely reactive to whatever happens to be hot with the Pokemon franchise at the time. In November, the new hotness will be Sword and Shield, and as such the anime will give it plenty of attention. But when the next big thing comes along (Sinnoh remakes/Masters expansion/etc.) the show will switch on a dime to promote that.

I believe that this will be the last Pokemon series, but that it will continue indefinitely. Instead of creating a new series for every core game, each new release will be treated with their own arc in this new long-form series. The best example I can think of would be Battle Frontier. It largely existed as a promotion for FRLG, even though it was still part of Advanced Generation. Obviously this was done due to Gen 4 being delayed, but I think this helps point the way for the future of the series. Ash will continue from one major arc to another, without the need for a soft reboot.

By the way if there IS a Sinnoh arc next year, I hope it will be Battle Frontier part 2.

I agree for the most part. The days of a DP style series in terms of being mainly focused on the new generation are over IMO. I think the series from now on will just promote the company as a whole, which makes sense since it allows them to market everything.

Looks like one of my fears might be realized: the anime might be completely rebooted and Ash will travel the regions in sequence, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.

Looks like one of my fears might be realized: the anime might be completely rebooted and Ash will travel the regions in sequence, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.
Doubtful, they could have it start in Galar, then Sinnoh for next year, then the next. Also, SM141 hasn’t yet been shown on the list.

I doubt they would do that if they reboot it. At worst, he would just travel through Kanto and then make pit stops in the other regions. But I don't think they would recreate the badge quest in each region, that would get boring really fast.

I doubt they would do that if they reboot it. At worst, he would just travel through Kanto and then make pit stops in the other regions. But I don't think they would recreate the badge quest in each region, that would get boring really fast.
No, they could have it as an International Tornament.

It's just what people are rambling about, like when the logo made people think that this saga would replace Ash with his M20 and M21 self.
They won’t leave Galar till last, not with the SwSh games coming out. Most likely they’ll start the new anime in Galar, then Sinnoh next year and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom