• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don’t see how you can say development was better. Mudkip got zero development and Greninja was the biggest screen time hog of any starter Pokémon.
Eh? I remember Combusken hogging up more of the screentime compared to Grovyle, with the latter only becoming more forefront in the Battle Frontier arc. Mudkip/Marshtomp did get less time but its development ended up being sufficient enough.
As for Braixen and Chespin... please. Both of them got a lot of screentime especially compared to the other cases of starter trios.

Look how underdeveloped the Johto trio, Torterra, Unova trio .etc. were compared to the above examples (the Unova trio got slightly easier compared to the first two). Do I have to even mention a recent case where Torracat isn't even being given proper screentime? I hope the Kukui full battle fixes this issue.

Eh? I remember Combusken hogging up more of the screentime compared to Grovyle, with the latter only becoming more forefront in the Battle Frontier arc. Mudkip/Marshtomp did get less time but its development ended up being sufficient enough.
As for Braixen and Chespin... please. Both of them got a lot of screentime especially compared to the other cases of starter trios.

Look how underdeveloped the Johto trio, Torterra, Unova trio .etc. were compared to the above examples (the Unova trio got slightly easier compared to the first two). Do I have to even mention a recent case where Torracat isn't even being given proper screentime? I hope the Kukui full battle fixes this issue.

Johto/Unova development sucked because of the writing, the amount of screen time was fine though. As for Turtwig, he got a ton of focus. His evolution was overshadowed by Infernape, but I rather have him go with Ash, then turn into Mudkip 2.0 with Brock.

There is always one starter who gets more focus then the other two. But the issue becomes a bigger problem when one of the starters go to the third wheel.

I rather see the starters divide between Ash and the main girl. And if the main girl does nothing, Ash should get all three.

Yes it matters, because you've been posting these kinds of things all week despite others already posting similar things and literally 90% of the people who frequently post here (me included) are already on board the whole 'Ash is staying' train. What's the point of continuing to try to convince the other 10% that Ash is staying when we've talked about it all week? And if you're going to constantly remind us, could you at least translate the evidence yourself next time instead of just linking us to a Spanish site that most of us can't read anyway?
just saying at least we can put ash is leaving behind now

The starters for AG and XY were parallels, I did tell you already. Both May and Serena had the Fire Type Starters, whilst who had the Grass and Water Type Starters were switched around.

Why are you acting like SM didn't happen lol, I mean we know why but come on, shouldn't it be like this?

AGXYDPSM
Treeko (Ash)Chespin (Clemont)Turtwig (Ash)Rowlet (Ash)
Torchic (May)Fennekin (Serena)Chimchar (Ash)Litten (Ash)
Mudkip (Brock)Froakie (Ash)Piplup (Dawn)Popplio (Lana)

Last edited:
Why are you acting like SM didn't happen lol, I mean we know why but come on, shouldn't it be like this?

AGXYDPSM
According to this pattern, this saga will be like the OS and BW in terms of its starter distributions, meaning that Ash would get all 3 starters.

According to this pattern, this saga will be like the OS and BW in terms of its starter distributions, meaning that Ash would get all 3 starters.

Assuming that the next saga follows the established patterns. I'm still very alarmed at what is to be announced on the 29th.

AGXYDPSM

I think you both are missing the point to what I'm trying to show you. Yes, I know SM exists, only SM and DP are similar, not parallel in differences like AG and XY are with each other. Plus the connections with the remakes within the same Gen. Gen 3 Remake in Gen 6, and Gen 4 Remake for Gen 8.

AGXYDPSMPM
Treeko (Ash)Chespin (Clemont)Turtwig (Ash)Rowlet (Ash)Grookey (Gloria)
Torchic (May)Fennekin (Serena)Chimchar (Ash)Litten (Ash)Scorbunny (Ash)
Mudkip (Brock)Froakie (Ash)Piplup (Dawn)Popplio (Lana)Sobble (Ash)

Are people seriously making tables to keep track of who had previous starter Pokemon? Are the older team rosters really that hard to remember?

just saying at least we can put ash is leaving behind now

Yeah, right. A few days from now you'll make another post reminding us that Ash is staying with another badly translated interview as 'proof'.

Are people seriously making tables to keep track of who had previous starter Pokemon? Are the older team rosters really that hard to remember?

Yeah, right. A few days from now you'll make another post reminding us that Ash is staying with another badly translated interview as 'proof'.
I won't I know I a right

I think you both are missing the point to what I'm trying to show you. Yes, I know SM exists, only SM and DP are similar, not parallel in differences like AG and XY are with each other. Plus the connections with the remakes within the same Gen. Gen 3 Remake in Gen 6, and Gen 4 Remake for Gen 8.

AGXYDPSMPM
Treeko (Ash)Chespin (Clemont)Turtwig (Ash)Rowlet (Ash)Grookey (Gloria)
Torchic (May)Fennekin (Serena)Chimchar (Ash)Litten (Ash)Scorbunny (Ash)
Mudkip (Brock)Froakie (Ash)Piplup (Dawn)Popplio (Lana)Sobble (Ash)

No offence but you are bending over backwards just to find a pattern...

AGXYDPSM
SM doesn't exactly fit the bill because of its non-traditional format, much less that it's nothing similar to DP.

If anything, it's more of an in-between series with a different type of challenge that Ash wins (a la Battle Frontier).

Last edited:
SM doesn't exactly fit the bill because of its non-traditional format, much less that it's nothing similar to DP.

If anything, it's more of an in-between series with a different type of challenge that Ash wins (a la Battle Frontier).
I agree.

Which is why I'm thinking that Ash would get Scorbunny and Sobble whilst Gloria would get Grookey.

But we won't know until later this week.

Sonia is too old to be Ash's companion. They could make her look younger as they did with Serena but it would be in consistent with her story with Leon.
Marnie is suppose to be a main rival like Bede, so that's out of the picture. Bea is the only one apart from Gloria to be just right on becoming Ash's Companion. Just give her some suitable clothes and voila.

However with the arrangements to the starters if we have to take the 2020 calendar seriously, it looks to me like one of them would belong to one of Ash's companions.

It would be very intense for the series if Bede or Marnie compete in the League Conferences around the world with the exact same dream of becoming Pokemon Master as Ash. Ash would even have to defend his title in Alola against them if he now has stiff competition.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash will get once again all of the starters. This upcoming anime might be a semi-reboot to the first anime. It is just called Pocket Monsters, so I see this anime taking a lot of inspiration from the OS.

Ash will get all of the starters, his two companions will be a girl and a young man (they might stick with Misty and Brock though out the whole series), TR will try to get Pikachu, Jessie and James will have an Ekans and a Koffing, and Gary will his main rival.

EDIT:
When it comes to the adults in Pokémon. In Sun and Moon Ash interacts quite a lot with adult characters like Kukui and Burnet, who can be seen as companions. I thin characters like Sonia or Nessa can work.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash will get once again all of the starters. This upcoming anime might be a semi-reboot to the first anime. It is just called Pocket Monsters, so I see this anime taking a lot of inspiration from the OS.

Ash will get all of the starters, his two companions will be a girl and a young man (they might stick with Misty and Brock though out the whole series), TR will try to get Pikachu, Jessie and James will have an Ekans and a Koffing, and Gary will his main rival.
I don';t think that's the reason to why the series is being called ''Pocket Monsters'', I thought they called it that because all 8 Regions are present. It'll be starting in Galar for obvious reasons, but will also have the other 7 be in it.

I don't think that's the reason to why the series is being called ''Pocket Monsters'', I thought they called it that because all 8 Regions are present. It'll be starting in Galar for obvious reasons, but will also have the other 7 be in it.

Well, we have to see, what awaits us. Hopefully this Sunday we will get a clear answer. I'm personally sick of waiting and speculating at this point. Also, isn't a name like this a bit confusing? If it really isn't like the old anime, why even name it like this, if it is not going to be a reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom