• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this looks pretty legit. And it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. Though I really don't see anything that conclusively says this is an AU.

So maybe this is a stupid question but what is the landmark that represents Kanto supposed to be? The others are Tin Tower (Johto), Mt. Chimney (Hoenn), Mt. Coronet (Sinnoh), Driftveil Drawbridge (Unova), Lumiose Tower (Kalos), a tropical setting (Alola) and the Big Ben-like tower (Galar) but I really can't seem to recognize what Kanto is supposed to be.
Cinnabar mansion?

I'm thinking that Ash is getting neither Grookey or Sobble because I think that if he was then they would be shown alongside him in the poster because of how marketable the starters are.
Sobble in the 2020 calendar is more close to Scorbunny, so it’s likely.

It's mostly because the show is trying to appeal to both genders, as not having a female main character may turn young girls away from the series and give the image that Pokemon is only for boys.
Yeah, that's why. You can have both groups. If you do not have any elements that appeal to girls, you will lose half of your audience.

Not a bad guess if you ask me, but I think it's always been mostly portrayed as decrepit and worn down.

My best guess would be Celadon University, which has actually never appeared in the games or the anime.
Or a new location in kanto, like a World Champions League

I think the Squirtle and Bulbasaur are Ash’s since there is no Charmander in sight (but there is a Charizard)

Not a bad guess if you ask me, but I think it's always been mostly portrayed as decrepit and worn down.

My best guess would be Celadon University, which has actually never appeared in the games or the anime.

You're right, looking again it doesn't look like an old building. I thought of it because of the Ditto there. But looking at it again, it should be something else.

And yeah, Celadon University looks like a better guess.

Last edited:
The only thing that kinda worries me is, that the Galar region will not have a chance to really shine in the new anime since it has to share the spotlight with all of the other 7 regions.

The only thing that kinda worries me is, that the Galar region will not have a chance to really shine in the new anime since it has to share the spotlight with all of the other 7 regions.
The only way it would be a problem is if they decided to reboot everything and have Ash travel the regions in sequential order.

Ash looks less taller than SM ngl. But overall it looks cool and it seems to continue the Alolan Concept of having fun rather than having a linear goal.

This girl might not be anime exclusive. She might be a rival or a Gym Leader that we don't know about. She might even be Opal herself.
Highly doubtful that she is. She seems to be with Ash a lot in that trailer poster alone. Isn't there the saying ''A Picture is worth a thousand words?''. A rival is normally a lone wolf. This one seems to be with Ash a lot, indicating a companion. Also doubtful that she is a Gym Leader since she has a Scorbunny, nor is she a Fire Type Gym Leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom