• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that they would do that unless it's actually in Sword & Shield because otherwise doing that would be promoting a 7 year old DS game.
Maybe they are. . . then again, not everything in the anime is in the games; I.E. Pokemon Leagues aren't in the games, some characters & Locations are Anime-exclusive (Orange Islands, among other things)

Na, even in the Pokémon universe no one would hire a 10-year-old-child to play a professional actress. If it is just for fun like with Duplica I can understand this, but a professional? Na...!

Where's the third companion? We won't have one or he's not in the poster?

I'm wondering how the show is gonna work with only two characters in the main group. The poster does portray Satoshi as the naive happy-go-luck boy while the girl as a serious and focused trainer. Looks interesting how their interactions will be.

Where's the third companion? We won't have one or he's not in the poster?

I'm wondering how the show is gonna work with only two characters in the main group. The poster does portray Satoshi as the naive happy-go-luck boy while the girl as a serious and focused trainer. Looks interesting how their interactions will be.
I think that there will be one, especially if this new character is a boy.

I’m in love with Ash’s new design. It honestly looks better than his S&M design (especially shoe-wise, thank god the Croc looking abomination he wears will be gone soon) and the art style almost like a combo between both XY and S&M whilst also changing some flaws up.

Overall the poster is good and it makes me more excited than how S&M originally marketed the show.

Iris was revealed for the anime before the games and there was also speculation that she was anime original too.
Iris was also revealed in a leaked confidential sheet for the anime months prior. Never had speculations that she was original. Also she had an Axel, not a starter like this tomboy has.

It might work for the better? In a larger group, it is very possible that one of the characters will get the short end of the stick and with Pokémon, it happened to a lot them.

OS: Misty, Brock, and Tracey had almost nothing to say or to do.
AG: Brock and Max.
DP: Brock.... poor guy, he had so much potential...
BW: Iris and Cilan
XY: One of the very few times they gave everybody something to do.
S&M: Mallow and a little bit with Sophocles, but Mallow the most.

Maybe having only two characters in the focus will work in the end better for the story. Then the writer can only focus on them and do not have o worry about other characters.

I’m in love with Ash’s new design. It honestly looks better than his S&M design (especially shoe-wise, thank god the Croc looking abomination he wears will be gone soon) and the art style almost like a combo between both XY and S&M whilst also changing some flaws up.

Overall the poster is good and it makes me more excited than how S&M originally marketed the show.
YES, SO MUCH YES!!! I am Glad it looks more XY & less Sun & Moon. . . and finally is Gonna make Ash Great Again in Galar!!And I'm Also in Love with how the Poster already gives me hope & promises for the Show being much more better & much more enjoyable for me. . .

Now about the designs. It does look better than SM (without Satoshi's tiny eyes), but I still don't like it. He's more like a 10 years old for sure height-wise (and not 13-15 like in XY), that's believable at least.

I just hope the animation doesn't use overexaggerated faces as the ones SM loves to use. For me they are more hideous than funny.

And, if Trio is here, please give them a less ugly design!!!!!

To me, he is actually much closer to the S&M-design. I'm not sure where you see anything XY-related design choices.
No He's Not!!! Alola's Artstyle RUINED the Anime for me; and now its finally stepping away from Alola & Its Crummy Artstyle & Complete lack of Focus!!

I feel a bit to much like a doubting Thomas on this--but could someone explain why they think the new character is a girl? I just can't see it. I know technically you could design a girl character to look like a boy. But that's not what I'm talking about, what are you folks seeing that makes you think that character is a girl?

I just hope the animation doesn't use overexaggerated faces as the ones SM loves to use. For me they are more hideous than funny.

And, if Trio is here, please give them a less ugly design!!!!!
Thank you VERY much for saying what needed to be said; Because I whole-heartedly agree with that part of your statement;

Though I Don't agree with you not liking the design here; Since I Still prefer it to alola, and the Poster for Pokemon the Series: Sword & Shield is Much more promising to me than the Ragequit-Inducing Corocoro Poster for Pokemon the series: Sun & Moon that caused me to boycott the Anime until the artstyle no longer looked like One Piece!!

I feel a bit to much like a doubting Thomas on this--but could someone explain why they think the new character is a girl? I just can't see it. I know technically you could design a girl character to look like a boy. But that's not what I'm talking about, what are you folks seeing that makes you think that character is a girl?
Because of the possibility that she might be the only companion, and not having a female companion will cause young girls to drop the series and people would be convinced that Pokemon is something only for boys.

Iris was also revealed in a leaked confidential sheet for the anime months prior. Never had speculations that she was original. Also she had an Axel, not a starter like this tomboy has.
There were lot of speculation that she was an original anime character because there were no indication she was in the games until the games release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom