• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit to much like a doubting Thomas on this--but could someone explain why they think the new character is a girl? I just can't see it. I know technically you could design a girl character to look like a boy. But that's not what I'm talking about, what are you folks seeing that makes you think that character is a girl?
Look at the concept art for both her and Ash. She clearly has eyelashes and hairclips.

I feel a bit to much like a doubting Thomas on this--but could someone explain why they think the new character is a girl? I just can't see it. I know technically you could design a girl character to look like a boy. But that's not what I'm talking about, what are you folks seeing that makes you think that character is a girl?
Hair clip, flashy eyelashes, nice eyes and eyebrows

There were lot of speculation that she was an original anime character because there were no indication she was in the games until the games release
I thought of her being in the game the first I saw her reference sheet. I also thought that make hiker character is going to be the male companion, when that didn't come true.

No He's Not!!! Alola's Artstyle RUINED the Anime for me; and now its finally stepping away from Alola & Its Crummy Artstyle & Complete lack of Focus!!

For me, it was the other way around. S&M art styles did actually saved the anime. Everything was more lifely, it added so much more expression and personality to the characters and did overall fit with the atmosphere of the region.

And this anime is seems to go in a similar direction like SM in just been a fun adventure with loveable characters.

For me, it was the other way around. S&M art styles did actually saved the anime. Everything was more lifely, it added so much more expression and personality to the characters and did overall fit with the atmosphere of the region.

And this anime is seems to go in a similar direction like SM in just been a fun adventure with loveable characters.
How do you know that? If there is an international league then I'm expecting something like XY.

I thought of her being in the game the first I saw her reference sheet. I also thought that make hiker character is going to be the male companion, when that didn't come true.
Well a lot complained about her initially since she was introduced before cilan came to the picture also they favored hilda more and there were no indication she will appear anywhere in the games and all gym leaders were mostly revealed at that point. Also iris' design dont look like a gym leader but just a wild girl

dsfsd.jpg

Don't worry, it's still not a reboot.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of this art style, I was hoping ash would look a bit older. On the other hand, it looks like the theory of Ash being somewhat of a mentor figure to another trainer battling gyms might be a reality.

No He's Not!!! Alola's Artstyle RUINED the Anime for me; and now its finally stepping away from Alola & Its Crummy Artstyle & Complete lack of Focus!!

Serious question: if everything about SM "ruined the anime" for you...why are you still watching it? All of your posts just bash it...there's literally no constructive criticism behind any of it. It's fine to not like something, but it's really exhausting to just read constant, borderline illegible bashing that contributes nothing to the conversation.

Also, you're just seeing what you want to see. This isn't the XY art style. At all. It's fine if you like it better than SM's, but calling it more of XY's style than any other just isn't true.

Well a lot complained about her initially since she was introduced before cilan came to the picture also they favored hilda more and there were no indication she will appear anywhere in the games and all gym leaders were mostly revealed at that point. Also iris' design dont look like a gym leader but just a wild girl
Going down a semi-AU route with this new anime, it's quite clear that she is probably an original Anime character, specially designed for this new series. Other examples of Ash getting original Movie exclusive companions are found in M20 and M21.

View attachment 125662
Don't worry, it's still not a reboot.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of this art style, I was hoping ash would look a bit older. On the other hand, it looks like the theory of Ash being somewhat of a mentor figure to another trainer battling gyms might be a reality.
Last I checked Greninja was the most marketable Kalos Pokemon. It will be included no matter what. Imagine if Movie 20 hadn't featured any Charizard.

You'd have a point if the poster featured Ash-Greninja or anything that is explicitly a reference to Ash's past.

How do you know that? If there is an international league then I'm expecting something like XY.
The art style and also the poster indicates that it will more about fun and adventure and not as serious and "mature" like XY. And I hope I'm right with my assumption. I like the anime and Ash overall so much more if he is just a fun-loving young boy rather then the boring shiny white knight he was in XY.

Look at the concept art for both her and Ash. She clearly has eyelashes and hairclips.

Ohhhhh I see it now, wow. Yeah, I'm not sure I would use the word "clearly" nothing wrong with a little gender ambiguity mind you, it's 2019. Thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:
The art style and also the poster indicates that it will more about fun and adventure and not as serious and "mature" like XY. And I hope I'm right with my assumption. I like the anime and Ash overall so much more if he is just a fun-loving young boy rather then the boring shiny white knight he was in XY.
Except I highly doubt that they would just have the characters traveling around the regions without any main goal because that would be boring television.

Going down a semi-AU route with this new anime, it's quite clear that she is probably an original Anime character, specially designed for this new series. Other examples of Ash getting original Movie exclusive companions are found in M20 and M21.
I wouldn't be sure of that even bonnie was thought to be original yet she become an npc

Max was retcon to be in ORAS. I dont think this new character would be a gym leader but I think she would be important in the games maybe a rival or an npc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom