• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be sure of that even bonnie was thought to be original yet she become an npc

Max was retcon to be in ORAS. I dont think this new character would be a gym leader but I think she would be important in the games maybe a rival or an npc
Max was never a game character to begin with. They based his design off the School Kid trainer class in RS, and they just made the basis more apparent in ORAS, with the School Kids redesigned to look more like Max.

Except I highly doubt that they would just have the characters traveling around the regions without any main goal because that would be boring television.
Sure they will have a goal. In all of the animes at least Ash had a clear goal, but how they execute it at the end that matters to me most. It could still be fun like it was in the OS, AG, DP, BW, and SM.

Max was never a game character to begin with. They based his design off the School Kid trainer class in RS, and they just made the basis more apparent in ORAS, with the School Kids redesigned to look more like Max.
Yes but the only thing missing is naming him max lol. So I still stand that this new character won't be original but an important npc

How Dare you; I Actually liked him that way; He wasn't Incompetant; He Wasn't A Human Pincushion that was Abused by the Region's Pokemon, etc!!! I Loved this version of Ash; and wish to see him being this BadA*** Trainer!!
It is perfectly fine if you like this type of Ash. It is just my personal opinion. I also think that Ash works better if he isn't that competent. If he would be perfect in pretty much everything that he does, he will be a boring protagonist like Rey from Disney's Star Wars or Captain Marvel.

I wouldn't be sure of that even bonnie was thought to be original yet she become an npc

Max was retcon to be in ORAS. I dont think this new character would be a gym leader but I think she would be important in the games maybe a rival or an npc
npc mostly, but rival? Already have 3. It's also to note that Paul was designed from Silver, and Zoey from Bridgette.

Now that I'm over my gender confusion. I think the traveling pair is a good idea for a more global Pokemon adventure. I imagine with this type of setup there is going to be a lot of "characters of the day" and so just sticking with the two main characters will keep things neater and eiser to follow and write for.

I really like the poster for the upcoming anime. I'm interested to see who this new guy is. I'm excited! Let's see what this anime brings!

I think the design took a few things from XY like the hair and eyes, but stayed SM with the rest and it looks good.
I Still think It looks better and More XY-Esque!!! since He looks nowhere near as Dopey as in my Least favorite Series of the show( for me, Sun & Moon is Tied for #1 worst series of the anime alongside Best Wishes)!!

I just saw the leaked poster and I'm already dissapointed. I can't belive they gave Scorbunny to a boy. It looks so much more fitting for a female character (like Gloria). :(

On the bright side, I guess no male gym leader companion...maybe...hopefully...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom