• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Squirtle and Bulbasaur are Ash’s since there is no Charmander in sight (but there is a Charizard)
Charmander is riding Charizard. But yeah, a lot of Ash's popular Pokemon are present, but it's hard to say whether they're his or if they're just shown due to popularity. But to be fair, most of these Pokemon are only as popular as they are because Ash had them in the first place.

Excuse me have you looked at that eyelashes and tell me its a boy also have you not seen the hairclip?

View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1177602424938389504?s=20

Hairclips don't automatically mean female. Ever seen Kamen Rider W? His friend Philip wore several.
Yeah look at those eyelashes and besides pants doesnt totally equate to male automatically
Given current woke trends, I won't be surprised if they announce that character to be non-binary.

I don't think that they would do that unless it's actually in Sword & Shield because otherwise doing that would be promoting a 7 year old DS game.
Just because there was a world tournament in Black and White 2 doesn't mean there can't be a similar concept in the anime. It's a pretty universal idea. Also just saying, they ARE promoting a 7 year old DS game. Have you looked at the bottom of the poster?

Excuse me have you looked at that eyelashes and tell me its a boy also have you not seen the hairclip?

View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1177602424938389504?s=20

To be fair those are both hard to notice. You have to look at the zoomed-in picture of her face to notice her eyelashes and the hairclip could easily have been just been red-colored highlights in her hair.

Also can we not get offended at misgendering cartoon characters. I know gender is more important for some people than others but it's an honest mistake.

To be fair those are both hard to notice. You have to look at the zoomed-in picture of her face to notice her eyelashes and the hairclip could easily have been just been red-colored highlights in her hair.

Also can we not get offended at misgendering cartoon characters. I know gender is more important for some people than others but it's an honest mistake.
TBH, I'm sick of it!

Actually I am going for a sarcastic joking vibe rather than an offended one. But all kidding aside if you look at "her" closeup design it is quite emphasize that "she" has long eyelashes

Actually I am going for a sarcastic joking vibe rather than an offended one. But all kidding aside if you look at "her" closeup design it is quite emphasize that "she" has long eyelashes

To be fair you also have to have an understanding of how anime characters are designed to know that long eyelashes + specific eye shape = female.

I'll personally wait on the character to have things shown in action and voice before I wonder about role and gender.

At least my guess is that Ash is going to be in Galar while 'Scorbunny Trainer' does the international thing.

With Milo being the most likely, since Allister might be seen as to creepy to have on the main cast.

He isn't really creepy, just a timid boy, the mask might be the problem more than his ghost gym leader status because his facial expressions would not be seen.

Just a few thoughts:

The third companion slot may be intentionally left open for returning companions in each region. Many have commented that the new art style looks like a mix between SM and XY. This could be an attempt at creating an art style that all previous characters can exist in.

On the topic of the new companion collecting badges. Maybe she is an experienced trainer from the Galar region who has already gathered all of the Galar badges. This would be incentive for her to travel to other regions to collect badges and qualify for leagues there, while Ash could act as mentor figure and reenter the leagues himself. Then in Galar, Ash would be the only one who needs to collect Galar badges. That way both characters can collect badges without any actual overlap.

Finally (and disappointingly) it looks like Rotom will continue into the new series, and it will probably be the same one. Probably at the start of the new series he will be transferred to the new Pokedex (which just so happens to look like a smart phone). Although it's worth noting that both characters have the new Rotom dex, so I guess they'd need a second Rotom. We know that Kanto Oak has one though. Or maybe Kukui is able to mass produce them by the time the new series starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom