• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear what Japanese voice actors you hope will continue voicing characters this series

Following the death of Unshō Ishizuka, they certainly need to retain a few

I hope Toru Sakurai will remain
Gardenia's voice actress as well, since she's been dead for 6 years.

It is hard to tell tbh
Honestly speaking, animation doesn't really have much of a way to showcase secondary sex characteristics. That's why they seem to resort to more stereotypical ways to tell a female character apart from a male one. But neither hair-clips, nor eyelashes, are secondary sex characteristics of women. So, it's more like they tell you their name and sex and well, you apply that knowledge to what you're seeing. Plus your previous knowledge and the background of what you watch and read and if it has a diversity of designs in it. Someone who watches only very stereotypical shoujo would probably not see the new chara as a girl, I guess?

Personally, I just feel she's a girl, and I can't see her as a boy now because I'm set on haha. But if they reveal them as a boy... dreams shattered XD.

Unrelated, but I really wonder how they're gonna integrate the 8 regions...

Honestly speaking, animation doesn't really have much of a way to showcase secondary sex characteristics. That's why they seem to resort to more stereotypical ways to tell a female character apart from a male one. But neither hair-clips, nor eyelashes, are secondary sex characteristics of women. So, it's more like they tell you their name and sex and well, you apply that knowledge to what you're seeing. Plus your previous knowledge and the background of what you watch and read and if it has a diversity of designs in it. Someone who watches only very stereotypical shoujo would probably not see the new chara as a girl, I guess?

Personally, I just feel she's a girl, and I can't see her as a boy now because I'm set on haha. But if they reveal them as a boy... dreams shattered XD.

Unrelated, but I really wonder how they're gonna integrate the 8 regions...
Good question tbh

If this is a fake it’s a fantastic one. It would be interesting if Satoshi only has one traveling companion. It would definitely make it easier to give them more of a co-star status and a breath of fresh air after SM’s over-crowded main cast. I wonder if it’s being kept to 2 major characters in order to make room for more temporary traveling companions. Like when they visit Sinnoh Hikari joins them for a bit.

If this is real then I hope we get more information on Sunday. I hope we get an actual trailer to give us a bit more info, like if this is an AU or a reboot or a continuation of the main continuity. And I’m also curious to see this art style animated.

Actually, just as XY is a reflection to AG, PM is a reflection to XY.

This literally doesn’t mean anything. I really don’t want to be inflammatory here and I’m sorry if I’m being rude but it’s the nonsensical posts like these that are the reason why this thread is over 200 pages long when we still know next to nothing about the series itself. Can we all stop making broad statements like these and stop trying to find “patterns” where there aren’t any? I fail to see how these few images reflect anything to do with XY.

I'm not sure where people got "tomboy" idea, they do looks like a feminine male to me. In fact they are looking exactly like Gladio.
I'm honestly impressed this thread has managed to surpass 200 pages on bare bones information.
For one thing, her Movie 20 interviews failed to make a distinction between the two versions of Ash
Why would she? She was talking about the Satoshi from the show.
The more kiddier artstyle here makes me think that this saga's tone is exactly like SM, if this is real.
SM ARTSTYLE STAYING.
Can someone tell me how the Art even look similar to XY? I only see SM and a bit of M21.
He looks younger, but it's stil the XY style.

Absolutely nothing about that character looks feminine to me. It looks straight up like a boy.

I think this is the idea behind the new character. We had a lot of girly-like characters in the past. All of them had a very feminine touch to them. I think this is why the creators choose now a very boyish-looking a girl. If the new girl will be once again very girly-like, that does show performances or owns an Eevee than she will not stick out from the other once before her. This new girl is something we haven't seen before.

Last edited:
He seems a combo of previous Ashes in term of clothes and XY Ash. He looks ok
His hair is less spiky, like SM, but it's not a design choice unusual for XY character design. In fact, only reason that XY Satoshi had spiky hair is a callback to OS designs. I don't see anything SM in this design.

His hair is less spiky, like SM, but it's not a design choice unusual for XY character design. In fact, only reason that XY Satoshi had spiky hair is a callback to OS designs. I don't see anything SM in this design.
What were the similarties between that Ash and Bonnie btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom