• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I get the feeling the whilst Gen 4 was the best Gen with spinoffs and such, that Gen 8 would be the worst?

Also, Tangle in Glimwood Tangle sounds to me like a Tango Drink. I suppose I could see it as a Fleetwood Mac reference to Tango in the Night.

It is too dark to be Vulpix.
Look at the tails is all I can say. You can make out the six fluffy tails on the bottom right. Espeon has a sleeker body and an iconic upwards-pointing tail. If it were Espeon you would see the long tail sticking out but you don't.

This anime was also hinted by the buildup to it in the Pokemon Twitter page with the visit the different Regions.

That looks like an Espeon that is lying down, not to mention that the proportions are very inconsistent. While a few Pokemon don't appear in their respective regions, they appear right next door. Alola is opposite of Johto.

So, I have an interesting question. Now that Ash has won an official Pokemon League (Orange Islands don't count!) are they really going to go through the whole formula again in the Sword and Shield anime, or are they going to try out a different kind of story? They said this series would take place in "multiple regions", so that suggests some sort of change, but I don't know what extent it's going to be. Are we going to be seeing old characters from those regions, like Misty, Brock, May, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan?

Do we know if Gladio is a boy or a girl?
Yes, he is a boy. However with this companion, the eyelashes is a dead giveaway to her gender.

I'm hoping she is female, cause if they're going for what I think they are... Then my hopes for SwSh for the anime have been dashed completely.

So, I have an interesting question. Now that Ash has won an official Pokemon League (Orange Islands don't count!) are they really going to go through the whole formula again in the Sword and Shield anime, or are they going to try out a different kind of story? They said this series would take place in "multiple regions", so that suggests some sort of change, but I don't know what extent it's going to be. Are we going to be seeing old characters from those regions, like Misty, Brock, May, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan?
Maybe it's a World Tournament. . .

Or Alternatively, He COULD Win another League to Qualify for the right to battle the Elite 4, Lose to the 1st Elite 4 member; Go to the Next Region, Win the League, Qualify for the Elite 4, Beat the 1st Elite 4 Member and lose to the second one; Go to the Region after that, Win that Region's League, Qualify for the elite 4, Beat the first 2 members of the elite 4, lose to the third one; travel to the next region, Win that's Region's League, Beat 3 out of the Elite 4, Lose to the Final Member of the elite 4; Go to the next region, Win the League, Defeat the entire Elite 4, Lose to the Regional Champion, Go to the next Region, Defeat the Region's Elite 4, and Beat the Champion, and Then Lose to the first person who challenges him for the Championship Title, and then he's free to go to the next Region He wants to go to!!

What is the building in the Kanto portion of the poster? Is that suppose to be the Pokemon tower.

Or Alternatively, He COULD Win another League to Qualify for the right to battle the Elite 4, Lose to the 1st Elite 4 member; Go to the Next Region, Win the League, Qualify for the Elite 4, Beat the 1st Elite 4 Member and lose to the second one; Go to the Region after that, Win that Region's League, Qualify for the elite 4, Beat the first 2 members of the elite 4, lose to the third one; travel to the next region, Win that's Region's League, Beat 3 out of the Elite 4, Lose to the Final Member of the elite 4; Go to the next region, Win the League, Defeat the entire Elite 4, Lose to the Regional Champion, Go to the next Region, Defeat the Region's Elite 4, and Beat the Champion, and Then Lose to the first person who challenges him for the Championship Title, and then he's free to go to the next Region He wants to go to!!
Maybe That Girl is Ash's Cousin from Galar? Hey, If Professor Oak can have an Alolan Relative in both the game AND anime, Why can't Ash have a Relative from Galar?!

That's sort of a problem. Now that Ash has won the Alola league, they've kind of written themselves into a corner. They'd better come up with a REALLY GOOD excuse for why Ash is still challenging other Pokemon Leagues.

I was hoping that the poster would have revealed the new girl who's traveling with Ash next season. Instead of another boy trainer like it's already done/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom