• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the writers aren't trying to recreate the OG crew again like they did in BW. These new characters need to stand out on their own...

Looks exactly same to me.
I'd have to disagree, shading seems to be more reserved to ambient occlusion, the shapes are more round (not only talking about the hair) and the eyes are more triangular (but the iris to sclera ratio is similar to XY), the eye size is probably the closest thing to XY's style tbh, but that's about it.

Calm down. Maybe the character is Ash's cousin like one of the people here suggested, would be a nice connection to Galar and create possibly an interesting rivalry between them.

If this new character does turn out to be a boy, then I am 80% positive we will be seeing another character who is a girl. Pokemon is a game that is marketed to all kids, not just boys. They are going to make sure they want a female protagonist in there so the girls have some representation that they can see.

We still don't have any confirmation yet, but judging how this new character does look pretty young, I can easily see them choosing to do a more responsible character. Now, who is this character going to be? If we are going from pre-existing characters from the upcoming games, I think Sonia would actually be the safest bet. Seeing as this anime is definitely going to have some traveling through regions, they are going to want a character who has reason to travel everywhere. Who better than a Pokemon Researcher. But, I think one I could see more is an anime-exclusive character, like this other new protagonist. (okay, we don't know they are anime exclusive yet, but generally, the anime uses characters that were already revealed to be in the games before revealing new ones, so this is an assumption). If they are going to make one companion anime-exclusive, why not both.

I'll be kind of bummed if the new character does turn out to be a guy just because watching people lose their minds over a non-traditional looking female companion has been hilarious.

If this is the case, however, then I believe there's likely a third companion who hasn't been revealed. I can't really see them having a traveling group without at least one female character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom