• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okaaaay I think this is derailing a bit too off topic; how about we all take a nice deep breath and calm down, okay? I get that all these new changes is a bit overwhelming but judging something prior to seeing how things playing out isn't healthy. Let's just wait and see what else will be revealed before we all jump into further conclusions.

I think Kanto? Ash needs to see his mom and Professor Oak after all, but I can see them possibly starting with Galar too. Depending on how SuMo ends.

Okay, I really would like to know where is this source about the new series not featuring any girl. Just because the poster shows Ash and the new boy, it doesn't mean that we won't have a female character in the kids' cast, whether it is permanent or temporary. Let's not jump to conclusions, shall we?

Likely scenario is that it's Ash and the Boy character travelling throughout the past Regions. Each one will have a past female companion such as Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena and Lillie. Galar will have it's own Female character, perhaps either Gloria or a completely new character.

I'm not sure how revealing the male VA means that there won't be a female protagonist. Maybe they're just holding out for a big surprise.

Calling it now; Serena is the third companion. I know you're getting sick of the calendar, but look at the 3 largest and most centered Pokemon on the cover. Either she will return as a main cast member, or they are cycling female protags and she is first on the bill.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how revealing the male VA means that there won't be a female protagonist. Maybe they're just holding out for a big surprise.
View attachment 125705
Calling it now; Serena is the third companion. I know you're getting sick of the calendar, but look at the 3 largest and most centered Pokemon on the cover. Either she will return as a main cast member, or they are cycling female protags and she is first on the bill.
Or it could be a new Female Companion in Galar who would either have a Grookey or a Sobble. Perhaps Gloria still has a chance.

Or it could be a new Female Companion in Galar who would either have a Grookey or a Sobble. Perhaps Gloria still has a chance.
Could be, but If they were going with a new female character she probably would have been revealed at the same time as the Male. And the new Male character could potentially get 2 or all 3 Galar starters. To be honest I never thought it would be Gloria just because she gives me too strong blank-slate PC vibes, but there's still a chance I suppose. But for me, Serena just feels right for the Galar setting. And I'm not even a big Serena fan.

I think some of you guys are setting yourselves to be really disappointed.
Might as well. We've only got 1 more day to be optimistic.

You know, having a good night sleep always helps to process the situation properly. Maybe this new direction would work.

Perhaps in this new series, the male companion would be someone like Ash who's starting out (Pokemon: I Choose You) and Ash has to end up becoming his coach. Whilst Ash competes in the Champions League, the new companion will be competing in the Regions Leagues, including Galar. It'll be interesting for him to be tutored by a Champion anyway. Yet I don't know how they will handle and juggle the new trainer's Gym Battles, let alone travel to all 8 Regions. I mean we are talking about a total of 64 Gyms for this new character to challenge, and that's including Alola's new Gyms and Galar's. For Ash, it's easy pass to compete against the Regions Champions in the Champions League.

Last edited:
You know, having a good night sleep always helps to process the situation properly. Maybe this new direction would work.

Perhaps in this new series, the male companion would be someone like Ash who's starting out (Pokemon: I Choose You) and Ash has to end up becoming his coach. Whilst Ash competes in the Champions League, the new companion will be competing in the Regions Leagues, including Galar. It'll be interesting for him to be tutored by a Champion anyway. Yet I don't know how they will handle and juggle the new trainer's Gym Battles, let alone travel to all 8 Regions. I mean we are talking about a total of 64 Gyms for this new character to challenge, and that's including Alola's new Gyms and Galar's. For Ash, it's easy pass to compete against the Regions Champions in the Champions League.

I really like this idea.

The Champion League is literally just the battle against the E4 and Champion of the region. I don't know when this was confirmed, but I believe that it was in either DP or BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom