• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Champion League is literally just the battle against the E4 and Champion of the region. I don't know when this was confirmed, but I believe that it was in either DP or BW.
DP, and yes, the Champions League of each Region will be what Ash will compete in, and easy to enter them since he has now become Champion of Alola. Although, he will also have to defend his title at times. By becoming Champion of all 8 Regions, I suppose that will be when Ash will finally see his true potential as Pokemon Master. But along the way will have learned a lot of responsibility. Perhaps Leon will be his final Champion to face.

DP, and yes, the Champions League of each Region will be what Ash will compete in, and easy to enter them since he has now become Champion of Alola. Although, he will also have to defend his title at times. By becoming Champion of all 8 Regions, I suppose that will be when Ash will finally see his true potential as Pokemon Master. But along the way will have learned a lot of responsibility. Perhaps Leon will be his final Champion to face.
So, you think that they're going to get rid of Ash after this saga? Because, that's what you're suggesting right here.

Also, it is not confirmed that this new VA will voice the new companion seen on the poster. Milo or Allister could be joining the main cast and he could be voicing one of them instead.

Also, it is not confirmed that this new VA will voice the new companion seen on the poster. Milo or Allister could be joining the main cast and he could be voicing one of them instead.
We've already got 2 male trainers, there's still room for 1 female trainer.

Or are you starting to back-peddle to what you've said a few pages ago about the girl audience thing?

We've already got 2 male trainers, there's still room for 1 female trainer.

Or are you starting to back-peddle to what you've said a few pages ago about the girl audience thing?
I actually backpedaled thanks to some guys on the Serebii.net Forums who told me that this new VA is not confirmed to voice the new companion and thus this new character is not confirmed to be a boy. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As I said earlier, this new VA is not confirmed to voice this new companion and thus they are not confirmed to be a boy.
So you're saying chances are that this new character can still be a tomboy, regardless of that tweet that confirmed otherwise?

I do find it strange for a boy to have eyelashes like a girl. I always thought it was a simple indication to tell gender of a character.

How many people thought this was just a slightly feminine boy?

I thought so too. Plenty of boys in real life have eyelashes like those while being masculine, and boys in Japanese anime will sometimes wear hairclips from what I've been told at Serebii forums.

How many people thought this was just a slightly feminine boy?

I thought so too. Plenty of boys in real life have eyelashes like those while being masculine, and boys in Japanese anime will sometimes wear hairclips from what I've been told at Serebii forums.
boys like that tend to be very popular in Japan, i do not know why, it's not the west's custom.

Hmm... interesting... so instead of a very boyish-looking girl, we could end up having a very girlish-looking boy? I still think that we are dealing with a girl here because most animes and cartoons do draw the females with visible eyelashes.

Also, the shoe sizes of this new character are almost if not bigger than Ash. So... yeah, maybe we are dealing with a boy here. I'm open to both possibilities. But I still think it is a girl. The anime can't just have two boys as the main focus.

Last edited:
Hmm... interesting... so instead of a very boyish-looking girl, we could end up having a very girlish-looking boy? I still think that we are dealing with a girl because most animes and cartoons do draw the females with visible eyelashes.

Also, the shoe sizes of this new character are almost if not bigger than Ash. So... yeah, maybe we are dealing with a boy here. I'm open to both possibilities. But I still think it is a girl. The anime can't just have two boys as the main focus.
Unless this new character is starting his journey similarly to Ash in ''Pokemon: I Choose You'', having similar personality to Ash's early days, hence Lugia (movie 2000 reference) and all that on the poster. Ash would be his tutor throughout all the Regions, and whilst this character competes in the Gyms and the Pokemon League, Ash would compete in the Champions League, since he's now the Champion of Alola.

I think at this point Ash must be a portrait as competent trainer. They can not really reduce him back to a rookie as they did in BW. But, the new boy/girl doesn't seem like an inexperienced trainer at all. At least he/she doesn't come off as such in the promotional poster. He/she comes off as pretty serious.

I think at this point Ash must be a portrait as competent trainer. They can not really reduce him back to a rookie as they did in BW. But, the new boy/girl doesn't seem like an inexperienced trainer at all. At least he/she doesn't come off as such in the promotional poster. He/she comes off as pretty serious.

The gender might be confirmed of being male though...

View: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/status/1177755059502886912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1177755059502886912&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231177755059502886912
The anime looks like it's going to be more boyish than previous.

Girls: 9, Boys: 7

Looks like they're trying to fix a gender imbalance by adding a male character this time.

Last edited:
The gender might be confirmed of being male though...

You know what? Maybe that is the element that will disappoint many people who were fans of the previous series. They told us, that SM fans could be very disappointed with this anime. Having for once no female lead around would be a big letdown for many viewers. Personally I do not really care much about this as long as the characters have great chemistry. And maybe that is for the better. Ash never really had a big bound with his female companions anyway. With Misty and Iris he fought a lot, May was just there, he rarely went to one of her contest performances, with Serena he also rarely talked in a meaningful way, and the same I could say with Mallow, Lana, and Lillie. Dawn was the closest bound Ash had with a female companion because they supported each other a lot during the DP saga.

Who knows. Maybe Ash is much more open when he hangs out with a boy. This is something, Ash kinda lacks. Having a true human friend once. With the guys, it is kinda the same. He also rarely hangs out with them and does stuff. The big exception is here the Sun and Moon where he did actually stuff with Kiawe and Sophocles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom