• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Pokemon Sword and Shield Events/Gifts Thread

Updating the thread to include the new World Cap Pikachu code:

K1NP 1KA1 855

Expires November 30th, just like all the others.

Also, apparently there's been some word of a Japanese theater distribution of Zarude's "Dada" form, wearing the cape that it wears in the upcoming movie. So at least that form isn't going to be stuck in another Original Color Magearna situation.

Anyone know if the Melmetal event has begun yet, and if so how to claim it?

It’s gotten posted on the HOME news app so I’d say it’s live

As I understand it, all you have to do is send something from GO to HOME, and then go to Mystery Gift and then the Gift Box in HOME. Should be there.

It’s gotten posted on the HOME news app so I’d say it’s live

As I understand it, all you have to do is send something from GO to HOME, and then go to Mystery Gift and then the Gift Box in HOME. Should be there.
I was confused for a while because I don’t have the option to transfer to Home, but it appears that it’s restricted to level 40 players :|

I was confused for a while because I don’t have the option to transfer to Home, but it appears that it’s restricted to level 40 players :|

Yeah. It’ll be rolling out to lower levels soon. (I’m Lv39 and really want to claim the Melmetal as well.)

GO+HOME linking is now available for players Lv24+

But in bigger news, ayyyyyy it's Zarude time for the rest of the world! From Serebii:

US - Through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter. Sign up by November 20th to receive the code in December
UK - GAME Stores (where open), GAME Online store soon
Germany - Gamestop - In-Store now, Online from December 1st
Austria, Switzerland - Gamestop - In-Store now
Italy - Gamestop
Belgium, Netherlands - GameMania - Sign up on their website, codes sent out every Friday
France - Micromania - Sign up on their website to get a code
Portugal - FNAC Stores
Sweden - Through Spelochsant or Webhallen's online portal
Ireland - Gamestop Website

Codes will be redeemable until March 31st, 2021.

Also, remember that if you have purchased the Sword & Shield Expansion Pass, you can show a Zarude to the scientist in the Armor Station in order to receive a Partner Cap that your character can wear.

Last edited:
Trainer Club Newsletter. Three words that will give anyone who was getting the 2018 event legends PTSD flashbacks.

Props for promoting social distancing by not making people go to get a code. Though I've never once gotten that stupid thing, and from the looks of it, a lot never have or did either. I imagine there's going to be a lot of angry people in the Americas who do not get to have Zarude.

Trainer Club Newsletter. Three words that will give anyone who was getting the 2018 event legends PTSD flashbacks.

Props for promoting social distancing by not making people go to get a code. Though I've never once gotten that stupid thing, and from the looks of it, a lot never have or did either. I imagine there's going to be a lot of angry people in the Americas who do not get to have Zarude.

I went to Serebii.net (which I often go to to get news) and here in Australia, we have to get the code through Trainer Club Newsletter, and let me tell you, I am not a happy person. I tried to register for the newsletter, and when I put in my date of birth and country, it reloaded the age verification and only one country appeared, and that was United States. While I congratulate them for promoting social distancing, I feel cheated by having to go through the Trainer Club Newsletter instead of going to EB Games, which is actually more efficient than the newsletter, as you can just go in and get the code, while with the Trainer Club Newsletter, problems. I asked the question, and it becoming apparent that a lot of people have issues with it,. I envy Europe at this time, who will have an easier time getting Zarude than us here in Australia, and we (Australians) have basically been denied a Zarude, just like those in the western hemisphere.

I went to Serebii.net (which I often go to to get news) and here in Australia, we have to get the code through Trainer Club Newsletter, and let me tell you, I am not a happy person. I tried to register for the newsletter, and when I put in my date of birth and country, it reloaded the age verification and only one country appeared, and that was United States. While I congratulate them for promoting social distancing, I feel cheated by having to go through the Trainer Club Newsletter instead of going to EB Games, which is actually more efficient than the newsletter, as you can just go in and get the code, while with the Trainer Club Newsletter, problems. I asked the question, and it becoming apparent that a lot of people have issues with it,. I envy Europe at this time, who will have an easier time getting Zarude than us here in Australia, and we (Australians) have basically been denied a Zarude, just like those in the western hemisphere.
While I do agree that:
a) The problems with registering should have been fixed
b) It could have just been a normal Mystery Gift distribution
c) Australia is doing MUCH better than the US terms of COVID cases

I fully disagree that in-store codes would be preferable to the newsletter. I didn’t even like it when they did this before the global pandemic. I shouldn’t have to get in my car and drive somewhere to get some bits of data; it’s 2020.

While I do agree that:
a) The problems with registering should have been fixed
b) It could have just been a normal Mystery Gift distribution
c) Australia is doing MUCH better than the US terms of COVID cases

I fully disagree that in-store codes would be preferable to the newsletter. I didn’t even like it when they did this before the global pandemic. I shouldn’t have to get in my car and drive somewhere to get some bits of data; it’s 2020.
Here's the thing. You may have to get in your car and drive somewhere to get bits of data in 2020 during a global pandemic. But at least you would get it. With this notoriously shoddy newsletter? You're not getting Zarude at all. In a non-ideal case it would've been preferable, sure. But in-store kinda is by default because of those reasons. They're probably not even going to do anything when people complain, given the lack of response over past events and how a lot of people have still not once received that newsletter at all.

Anyway I bought one off eBay yesterday after learning you could do that (only 1.50!). Just because I'd rather trust a snake over that newsletter. May try registering on one of those other sites meant for Europe and hoping these codes are region-free too, so I can have another that can go into HOME with definitive safety.

Here's the thing. You may have to get in your car and drive somewhere to get bits of data in 2020 during a global pandemic. But at least you would get it. With this notoriously shoddy newsletter? You're not getting Zarude at all. In a non-ideal case it would've been preferable, sure. But in-store kinda is by default because of those reasons. They're probably not even going to do anything when people complain, given the lack of response over past events and how a lot of people have still not once received that newsletter at all.
I don’t think it’s very likely that you won’t get one at all. Certainly not likely enough to the point where giving people incentive to go out and interact in public during a pandemic is warranted.

I think we can both agree that a simple Mystery Gift distribution would be preferable to this, but I maintain that the newsletter is a better alternative to going to a store, especially now.

I don’t think it’s very likely that you won’t get one at all. Certainly not likely enough to the point where giving people incentive to go out and interact in public during a pandemic is warranted.

I think we can both agree that a simple Mystery Gift distribution would be preferable to this, but I maintain that the newsletter is a better alternative to going to a store, especially now.
Can agree on the Mystery Gift thing. And like I said myself, it is safer and theoretically more ideal in these times.

As for your first point, let's have a little informal bet. Nothing on the line except the chance to say "ha ha I knew it!" If everything is fixed up and everyone gets their newsletters and Zarudes, you win. If the newsletter debacle happens again and massive amounts of people across North America don't get their Zarudes, I win. :)

Can agree on the Mystery Gift thing. And like I said myself, it is safer and theoretically more ideal in these times.

As for your first point, let's have a little informal bet. Nothing on the line except the chance to say "ha ha I knew it!" If everything is fixed up and everyone gets their newsletters and Zarudes, you win. If the newsletter debacle happens again and massive amounts of people across North America don't get their Zarudes, I win. :)

I guess I’m fortunate in that I’ve never experienced difficulties with receiving codes from the newsletter, although I also don’t think we really know *how* widespread the issue really is. Certainly I do remember a lot of problem reports in 2018, but Pokémon’s playerbase is massive.

Also I don’t think swiftgallade is saying that there will be literally no issues, just that it’s still more sensible to go the digital route and have rollout issues than to encourage people to go to a physical place where they might risk contracting a serious disease. People’s lives > a new Pokémon

Also I don’t think swiftgallade is saying that there will be literally no issues, just that it’s still more sensible to go the digital route and have rollout issues than to encourage people to go to a physical place where they might risk contracting a serious disease. People’s lives > a new Pokémon
Oh, I'm not arguing that it's sensible to go the digital route. All I'm saying the newsletter is notoriously flaky and this particular distribution method is the worst they could've picked of all digital methods.

That said, I have heard one bit of speculation that it's gmail that's causing all the havoc with people never receiving the newsletter. I registered for two of the European sites and after thinking about it switched my email over to my proton email instead of making a new one. Worst case...well. Nothing works. But second-worst is that doesn't work either. Best case, I'll end up with 3-4 Zarudes, heh.

That said, I have heard one bit of speculation that it's gmail that's causing all the havoc with people never receiving the newsletter. I registered for two of the European sites and after thinking about it switched my email over to my proton email instead of making a new one. Worst case...well. Nothing works. But second-worst is that doesn't work either. Best case, I'll end up with 3-4 Zarudes, heh.
You know, now that I think about it, I can't recall if I used Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook to receive that code last time. Might be worth checking out.

Forgive the double post (although it's been quite some time since then) but a new Mystery Gift is out. It grants anyone a special Torkoal that was used by the Japanese champ last year. It runs until July 19th so grab it while you can. Or not.

PJCS 2020 CHAM P

I've been having social anxiety lately, and was dreading having to go into a GAME shop to ask for the shiny Zacian and Zamazenta codes. However, for the first time ever, you can request for the codes to be sent to you by email. I'm so happy!

I wonder if this means people outside the UK can request one too? The link's here if you want to try it:
https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...1&cm_sp=homepage-_-espot10-_-Shiny-ZamZacPoke

Screenshot (104).png

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom