• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Pokemon Sword Inteleon Solo Run

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have decided that I am mostly going to stick with solo runs and mono-types when it comes to Pokemon challenges. The reason being that a lot of challenges are very complex and complicated. Solo and Mono-type runs are simple:
Solo Runs see you going with just one Pokemon.
Mono-type Runs have you going with one type.

Thus here is a Solo run of Pokemon Sword. Here are Sobble's stats before the first Rival Battle:
Sobble (Aquaizard)
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
Level: 5
HP: 20
Attack: 8
Defense: 10
Special Attack: 13
Special Defense: 9
Speed: 13
Faints: 0

By the way, could someone explain what Characteristics are? I looked at Bulbapedia, but I feel it didn't really explain it well. My Sobble has "It has a sturdy body!" Does that mean Sobble will have more defense than normal?

Reaction score
I checked Bulbapaedia and it seems like a very useless feature. It means that IV-wise its best stat is Defense, however, it doesn't tell you if that defense is extraordinary (IVs between 25 and 31, the highest possible value), bad (which would be the case if all stats are terrible but defense is the highest numerically) or anything in between.

It's better to use the judge function (which is postgame only but at least is not as ambiguous).

Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me I still have to continue mine... Once I stop with my Street Fighters and making randomizers.

I'll follow this one.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 1: Milo
First Match
For his first Pokémon, I went for Façade. It was powered up due to Drizzile being paralyzed when I was battling one of the Gym Trainers. It did not do as much as I thought it would (likely due to Drizzile’s very low attack), so I healed the paralysis and used Swift a few times. I Dynamaxed my Pokémon while Milo did the same with his Eldegoss. We exchanged Max-Moves, with Eldegoss bringing Drizzile down to one HP. I healed up. Then the three turns ran out. After a tough battle, Drizzile goes down to Magical Leaf.

Rematch
Gossifleur goes down in two Swifts. It used Rapid Spin which did not do much. For Eldegoss, I immediately Dynamaxed and used Max Strike. It used Max Overgrowth for a lot of damage, but did not KO. After back and forth with Max Strike, the two went back to Normal size. A final Swift finishes the fight, giving me the badge.
Well, seeing as I am using a WATER type against a GRASS type Gym, it makes sense that it was not easy.
Level: 28
HP: 79
Attack: 36
Defense: 44
Special Attack: 66
Special Defense: 40
Speed: 68
Faints: 3
Dynamax Level: 7
Moves: Water Pulse, Swift, Round, and Facade
1) Breeder Chloe’s Grookey (Wild Area)
2) Gym Leader Milo’s Eldegoss
3) Wild Steelix that is level 50 (Wild Area)

Last edited:
Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 2: Nessa
Her first two Pokémon go down in two Swifts each, though Arrokuda did land a Bite. Drednaw takes two Max Geysers. It used Max Strike twice since the first hit slowed Drizzile down, causing it to go second.
She was not hard at all. Granted I am like 5 levels higher than her.
Level: 32
HP: 89
Attack: 40
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 46
Speed: 79
Moves: Water Pulse, Swift, Round, and Facade

Last edited:
Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 3: Kabu
I went in expecting an easy fight and got one. Ninetales did manage to burn Drizzile, but otherwise there were no problems. Two Water Pulses for Ninetales, one for Arcanine, and two Max Geysers for Centiskorch. Drizzle evolved after the fight.
No surprise that he was easy.
Level: 35
HP: 99
Attack: 61
Defense: 62
Special Attack: 104
Special Defense: 57
Speed: 110
Moves: Snipe Shot, Swift, Round, and Facade

Last edited:
Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 4: Bea
Hitmontop goes down in two Snipe Shots. It tried to use Counter, but railed since I am using only Special Attacks. Pangoro did not stand a chance, going down to a crit Snipe Shot. Sirfetch’d was a bit annoying, using Detect. It also landed a big hit with Revenge. For Machamp, I opted to heal up then Dynamax. After taking a hit from Max Darkness, I Dynamaxed and landed Max Geyser. After a Max Strike from Machamp, I finished the fight.
She dertainly put up more of a FIGHT than the Nessa and Kabu. Milo was certainly tougher thanks to the fact he uses the Grass Type.
Level: 42
HP: 119
Attack: 72
Defense: 74
Special Attack: 124
Special Defense: 69
Speed: 132
Dynamax Level: 9
Moves: Snipe Shot, Water Pledge, Swift, and Round
Held Item: Wise Glasses (I did use the Shell Bell for a while when I got it)

Last edited:
Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 5: Opal
Galarian Weezing was a one shot with Water Pledge. Mawile goes down in one hit. I got the question right, getting a speed boost. Togekiss takes two hits, which is to be expected since it is a tanky Pokemon. Unfortunately, I miss clicked and got the next question wrong. Alcremie lands G-Max Finale and gets Inteleon down to red HP. A second Max Geyser finishes the fight.
Well, the levels are starting to catch up to me. Yikes...
Level: 45
HP: 127
Attack: 78
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 134
Special Defense: 74
Speed: 140
Dynamax Level: 9
Moves: Snipe Shot, Water Pledge, Swift, and Round

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 6: Gordie
Everything except Bararacle goes down in one shot of Snipe Shot. I thought Shuckle would survive a hit seeing as it has crazy high Special Defense (If I recall correctly, it’s the highest in general)
...I'm not surprised that this fight was easy...Most Rock types have low Special Defense.
Level: 51
HP: 143
Attack: 88
Defense: 91
Special Attack: 152
Special Defense: 84
Speed: 159
Dynamax Level: 10
Moves: Snipe Shot, Icy Wind, Swift, and Soak

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's great that you've made this far, but...isn't Soak literally the worst move you could have? It gives your enemies a resistance to both Water AND Ice.

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
It's great that you've made this far, but...isn't Soak literally the worst move you could have? It gives your enemies a resistance to both Water AND Ice.
I have since swapped it out for Air Slash. I only really had Soak for Grass types to remove the STAB Bonus. Anyway

Update 7: Piers
Scrafty lands a Fake Out, then goes down to an Air Slash. Malamar goes down in one hit of Snipe Shot. Obstagoon takes two hits. It lands a Throat Chop dealing a bit of damage before going down. Skuntank goes down in one shot after landing a Sucker Punch.
Another Gym leader bites the dust. Raihan might be difficult.
Level: 61
HP: 167
Attack: 104
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 179
Special Defense: 99
Speed: 191
Faints: 5
Moves: Snipe Shot, Icy Wind, Swift, and Air Slash
4) Marnie’s Toxicroak
5) Gentleman Caden

Last edited:
Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 8: Raihan
A Sandstorm was started up thanks to Sand Stream, so I changed it to Rain. Flygon dodged the first Icy wind, but Gigalith did not. Both did a lot of damage to Inteleon. Flygon goes down in one hit. Sandaconda comes in and nails an Earth Power while Gigalith used Body Press. Sanaconda goes down in one hit. Sand Spit triggers Sandstorm, so I rain Danced next turn. Inteleon gets a level up and tries to learn Hydro Pump. I swap Air Slash out for it. I opted to heal instead of Dynamaxing. After taking a few hits, I dynamaxed and nearly took out Duraludon in one hit. After a Max Knuckle and a Body Press, Duraludon goes down. Gigalith soon follows.
Well, this certainly was a bit more of a challenge than the previous 7, if only due to it being a double battle.
Level: 62
HP: 173
Attack: 108
Defense: 114
Special Attack: 185
Special Defense: 103
Speed: 198
Faints: 5
Moves: Snipe Shot, Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, and Rain Dance
4) Marnie’s Toxicroak
5) Gentleman Caden

Aqua Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Update 9: Champion Leon
Aegislash survives the first hit and lands a Shadow Ball. Leon heals, but it goes down next turn. Dragapult, Haxorus, and Rillaboom is down in one hit of Icey Wind. Rhyperior and Charizard are both out in one shot of Snipe Shot each.
I would have talked about the battles in between, but most of them were borderline one shot sweeps. If it was not one hit, it was two. The only thing that survived more than two hits was Eternamax Eternatus, and that's only because of the stats it has for that battle. Goodra also walled me twice, forcing me to go and get stronger. I used the EV reduction berries and the Vitimins to get more Special Defense.
Level: 94
HP: 261
Attack: 162
Defense: 167
Special Attack: 280
Special Defense: 178
Speed: 298
Faints: 7
Moves: Snipe Shot, Icy Wind, Mud Shot, Hyper Beam
Held Item: Wise Glasses
Max EV? Yes
4) Marnie’s Toxicroak
5) Gentleman Caden
6) Raihan’s Goodra (X2)